Old 01-17-2008, 07:26 AM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Default Back to the boards & blah!

Howdy everyone
Well... it certainly has been a long month. The good news? My ticker stayed accurate. The bad news? My ticker stayed accurate.

It began like this, ya see....

I had a poor-choice WEEK in December when I went up 4.2 lbs (in one frickin' week...). I was on vacation (totally not an excuse, and not trying to make it one) and coupled with a foot injury that prevented my usual exercise routine... and I knew what I was doing to myself, but I did it anyway. But that's long in the past now. I've already analyzed that week, learned lessons, and applied some changes to my days off of work.

The following week after I gained that weight I lost 3 lbs, and that was Christmas week, too, so I was rather happy with myself about that. I was right back into the swing of things. New Year's week I was down 2 lbs and was now down a total of 70 lbs Very happy news indeed.

However, just last week I went up .8. .8! Not even a pound, but I feel very defeated because of it. It's so silly of me to think that this not even a pound has put a damper on my work. I realize this happens to many people, so I just needed to vent. I went over that week in my food trackers, too, and I can't pinpoint an area or day or anything that would have directly caused a gain. I know, I know, sometimes our bodies do weird things. There are reasons for it, I just can't find it.

Now, just to clarify, I'm not throwing in any towels. I've made permanent changes, and though I do make choices that aren't the best (sheepishly looks back at the vacation week), I'm learning, and applying, and fairly positive about the whole "gettin' healthy with life" experience. Besides, most of my choices have been healthy and stable or I wouldn't be here now.

I'm just not sure why last week got me down. Normally, I would've just rolled with the punch. *sigh*

.8 ... Even as I type this I know I'm being ridiculous.

Well, thanks for listening. I appreciate being able to talk about my frustration, and I've missed the boards (why I've been missing as of late is a long story, as if this post isn't already too long )... I didn't realize how much until this month how group support really makes a difference in my efforts.

Yay!

Last edited by Lovely; 01-17-2008 at 10:07 PM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:01 AM   #2  
Determined!!!

S/C/G: 275/261/150

Height: 5'

Glad to see you are back on here. I am new but I love the support from everyone! I know you weren't happy to see the .8, but the only way I get by with my set backs is be thankful it wasn't a whole pound.
Chelavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:07 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Faerie. Its so good to hear from you. Give those scales a good kick, then turn your back on them and keep moving ahead with you plan. You're doing great.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:12 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Thanks

Chevalon - You're right. Always look for that silver lining!

Rhonda - Thank you for the encouragement! It is important to not let the scale be the sole focus.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:39 AM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Well... .8 pound could be the phases of the Moon... Or perhaps a meteor streaked by...

Try not to "live and die by the scale"--nothing can be gained by that. And a change of .8 pound cannot be figured out!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:38 AM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Thanks, Jay.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:45 PM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Whatever it was last week did not happen this week. I lot 4.4 lbs. *shrug* Eitherway, I appreciate everyone taking the time to respond. Thanks again! It certainly made me feel understood this morning.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Good job in turning your vacation week gain around. .8 is nothing. My weight goes up and down a lot. You'll be down further in no time.
BattleAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:59 PM   #9  
Izzy

S/C/G: 274/268/199

Height: 6'

Good job on the 4.4. That's wonderful. You know that .8 can be the glass of water you drank earlier in the day or the different clothes you have on. Way to hang in there and have the bigger loss this week!

Izzy
Izzy906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:06 PM   #10  
Made of Starstuff

Thank you both, Battleax & Izzy ^^