Ever have days where you are really hungry..

• I've been on plan since 1/1 (with exception of this past Saturday) and amazingly have not had problems with hunger. Today, I've been hungry ALL day. I've been eating healthy foods in reasonable amounts (no junk) with enough protein, and not eating sugar, but I still just want to EAT. I'm not PMS'ing either.... should I just accept that I've gone over my calories and move on tomorrow. I've tried eating plenty of fiber-salad, raw veggies, fruit, and I just do not feel full. I'm not talking disgustingly full, either.

Thanks for listening-
    Sherry
  • i was really hungry a couple of days before aunty flow came to visit .. i think it is hormonal becuase i did the same last month .. lol i started this the 12th december but have only just joined the forums here
  • Hi Sherry. Yes, this happens to me sometimes. Are you getting enough fat in your diet? Usually, this happens to me when I'm not getting enough protein and healthy fats. But, sometimes it seems to happen for no apparent reason. Have you upped your workouts lately? Maybe your body is going through some changes and you're gonna have a big loss soon. That would be a very good thing! If it gets to be a problem and you think it might throw you off plan, maybe you can consider upping your calorie intake with healthy options for one or two days?
  • Rhonda is one smart ladie! I was going to make the same suggestions. More protein always makes me feel full. I also notice that I feel like that right before the scale drops Hopefully that's what happening with you.
  • Oh I hate hate hate those days. Absolutely nothing that I put in my mouth on those days gives me one bit of comfort.

I am not a big promotor of diet aids, but here's my trick... I throw 12 ounces of 8th Continent Light vanilla soy in the blender with a scoop of vanilla Slim-Fast powder. Then I put in a sprinkle of cinnamon, cloves, and ginger and a few ice cubes and whip it up. ( I use 12 ounces instead of the recommended 8 because light soy has fewer calories than skim milk) It makes a HUGE shake that makes me feel like I am eating pumpkin pie.

If that doesn't work, take a hot bath and go to bed!
  • Hi,

Thanks for the ideas, please keep them coming!

I did start exercising again this week. I had to stop for two weeks because I was sick.

I had some Weight Control Oatmeal, and I think that finally filled me up.

Take care,
    Sherry
  • I hate days like that. They happen to all of us. I find that hot drinks help fill me up. Hot tea, coffee - I get very full after drinking those things.
  • If I am hungry, I eat, even if it means I go over my calorie limit for the day. It only happens once in a while, because I've set my calorie limit as high as possible, and eat the foods I know fill me up. I promised myself I would not go hungry, and would not need to go hungry, and that has been the case since I started. If your body is giving you signals, it's giving signals for a reason. It needs something.
  • Quote: I am not a big promotor of diet aids, but here's my trick... I throw 12 ounces of 8th Continent Light vanilla soy in the blender with a scoop of vanilla Slim-Fast powder. Then I put in a sprinkle of cinnamon, cloves, and ginger and a few ice cubes and whip it up. ( I use 12 ounces instead of the recommended 8 because light soy has fewer calories than skim milk) It makes a HUGE shake that makes me feel like I am eating pumpkin pie.
    This sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing....I plan on trying this one.

Quote: If I am hungry, I eat, even if it means I go over my calorie limit for the day. It only happens once in a while, because I've set my calorie limit as high as possible, and eat the foods I know fill me up. I promised myself I would not go hungry, and would not need to go hungry, and that has been the case since I started. If your body is giving you signals, it's giving signals for a reason. It needs something.
    Battle, eating because I'm hungry just doesn't work that well for me. I guess the years of feeding emotional hunger have thrown off my God given cues and signals from my body. I plan 3 meals and 3 snacks for each day and try to eat them on a fairly consistent schedule. Typically, this keeps me hunger free and able to stay on-plan. When I do feel a lot of uncommon hunger, it is troublesome.
  • Lordy! Nothing sucks more than feeling like you want to eat every five minutes. I hate that. Remember that episode of the old Bewitched show where Samantha got, "Voracious Ravenisitus?" Sometimes I feel like that is me. (Except I don't have that cute pageboy flip haircut and can't wear those cute sleeveless Jackie O dresses and...oh...I'm about 60 lbs heavier than Samantha). I found a tea that is called, "Sweet and Spicy" that seems to curb the "fake" hunger though. I call it fake hunger cause when it hits I have pretty much eaten the leg off of a horse and chased him for the other one.

Hang in there.

sc
  • I am feeling that way today, and I had plenty of protein and healthy fat. So what I think I needed was fiber. I ate a Fiber One bar and a glass of water and now I feel fine. Maybe that's why the oatmeal helped you!
  • I agree with BattleAx, I am not going to be a happy camper if I have to go hungry. Typically I get this way for a couple of days each month pre TOM. So if I have to eat a little more those days, so be it. Also, for those couple of days, I split all my food up into umpteen snacks, instead of meals. Just knowing that I have something I can shove in every hour or so, helps me get through the day emotionally.
  • On days like this I stop and think about what I have eaten vs. what I have done and almost always, I realize I haven't drank as much water that day as most days. I polish off a few bottles of water with lemon, or other flavors and it helps a lot. The only time that doesn't work is when I have a sweet tooth. About 2pm this afternoon I was ready to bribe one of my middle schoolers for just ONE piece of chocolate. It was weird, now I know why addicts will lie, steal and cheat for their drugs, mine just happens to go by the name of Hershey.
  • Same happens here when I don't drink enough water. Hang in there!