3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Does your ticker lie? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/130462-does-your-ticker-lie.html)

Reddalice 01-07-2008 01:35 AM

Does your ticker lie?

Weightloss tickers are a fun way to track progress, but when set backs happen and weight crawls back up in digits do you change your ticker to accurately reflect your progress? I got down to 193, but after i lost self control and my gained 12lbs. My ticker didn't budge however, and every time I saw it I felt a little guilty for lying, but I kept saying: "That's okay, it's just a number, and at one point I REALLY did lose that much weight and gaining weight can't change the fact that at one point I lost {insert number} of pounds." Some ppl leave their low weight on the ticker for motivation and others don't want to face the set back. How about you? :kickbutt:

jordan 01-07-2008 02:12 AM

If my weight goes up a pound or two as a result of normal fluctuation I don't change my ticker. BUT if the gain is the result of some bad choices I always change it, partially to admit I screwed up and partially because I know I will go back down and I find it quite fun to move it down :rolleyes:. Overall, my ticker doesn't LIE, per se, but it is not always exactly accurate either if the weight change is just minor.

pinupqueen 01-07-2008 02:19 AM

a pound or two up and I'll leave it, if I'm up by 5 or more then I move the ticker. Though you can be sure I'll move it down no matter how smalll the loss!

sockmonkey70 01-07-2008 03:11 AM

Mine is two pounds lower than what the scale has been showing th past few days, but I usually change it to reflect a real loss or gain. Like when I came back from the holidays LOL. Had to move it up from 182 to 190...It hurt, but I needed to do it for me.

kasmin 01-07-2008 06:48 AM

If I "officially" weigh myself, I change the ticker (whether up or down). That's my deal with myself;). That way, it keeps me from hopping on the scale too much. I kind of want to wean myself away from depending on the scale. I find that if I start to think too much about the numbers, weirdly, I start to sabotage myself.:dizzy:

Beverlyjoy 01-07-2008 06:54 AM

So far..it's telling the truth. If I have a big gain (haven't since coming here, thankfully) - I don't know what I"d do - truth to tell.

GirlyGirlSebas 01-07-2008 07:37 AM

My ticker gets moved on Mondays when I weigh-in. If I gain, then my penalty is to move my ticker. If I lose, my reward is to move my ticker. :D

purpleorc 01-07-2008 08:05 AM

I have only ever once gain one pound during my weight loss journey. I must confess that on that occassion I did not move the ticker in the opposite direction. Although for one week I did feel guilty that the weigh I actually was was not that on the ticker it was a great motivator for me.

Purplefirefly 01-07-2008 08:17 AM

I weigh in every Monday, and change the ticker to whatever the scale says. So far I haven't had to turn it back yet, but I'm sure one day I might. I don't worry about every day fluctuations, that is normal, it's the weely weigh in that I go by.

vixjean 01-07-2008 08:21 AM

I round up to the nearest whole #, and that's what goes on my ticker. I have not moved it up so far, even though there has been fluctuation. I started at 180, then a few days later was 184 and a few days later was 180, so that is when I decided I was going to go with the lowest amount. If it is just a fluctuation of a few lbs, I will not change it.
I show my lowest weight in my profile.

Having said that- If a lb or two stays on for a week or more, then I WILL move it up.

fiberlover 01-07-2008 08:51 AM

I'll be honest with my ticker. If I am not honest with my ticker, I can't be honest with myself about weight loss.
Ignoring the little gains is how my weight crept up bit by bit.

kimmieone 01-07-2008 08:56 AM

If it's a planned weight in I change it, if I'm just being nosy in the middle of the week I leave it alone.

Switzie6 01-07-2008 09:18 AM

I'm with kimmieone. I record my weight twice a week, monday and friday. I change my ticker no matter if it's up or down. But I have a habit of jumping on the scale every morning though I don't change the ticker unless it's my "official" weigh in day.

jtammy 01-07-2008 09:50 AM

I weigh everyday and my weight changes from day to day. It's not unusual to see a 5 lb difference from day to day. I don't bother changing it. I really only record my lows. The only time I recorded a higher weight was when I returned from vacation. I waited two weeks for the scale to stabilize, but apparently it was a true gain, so I changed the ticker and moved on. I'm still 4 lbs over my ticker from Christmas. I'm waiting until next weekend to change it, if my weight doesn't come back down.

bluex 01-07-2008 09:54 AM

Now, that I am down to almost my goal weight, my weight loss is showing up only during a couple of points during the month and I am always my lightest right before my period. I know it's all the pattern in which my body is retaining water. When I came back from the holidays it showed a 5 pound gain. Well, it's 3 days later and now the scale is only showing 2 pound gain. I know I am losing water by the amount of times I have to go to the bathroom. I am also like at least 10 days before my period so I have time still. I won't change the ticker till my lightest weigh in before my period. That is what I call my official weight, once that time of the month starts then it's all water retention.

I live in fear of gaining the weight back and wouldn't know how to react if I started seeing the scale climb up and up, my ticker would probably be the least of my worries.