The Genesis Diet

• Anyone heard of and/or been on it? My church is starting it and I went to the first of five meetings tonight. I was just wondering what you all think of it. Any comments at all would be helpful....good or bad.

• I have heard about it, but I've never read the book or had it explained to me very well.

I guess my question about it is: since it is talking about Genesis and the foods in Genesis, and since Judeo-Christian genesis (obviously) takes place in the Old World, are New World foods forbidden or cut out? Like tomatoes, beans, avocados, turkey, corn, potatoes, chili peppers, squash, and the like?

This isn't a smart a** question, I really do wonder. I used to live 3 doors down from this wonderful Evangelical couple who told me that they were going to "eat what Jesus ate" but they ate all of the above and leavened bread, which confused me but I kept my mouth shut.
  • Hi Kim You also posted this in our General Diet plans forum. I moved the post to our Faith Based Support Groups forum where you might get a good response
  • Hi Kim. I've not heard of the Genesis plan. But, I wish you great success and cant wait for you to post your losses!