3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   To heck with New Year's Resolutions, how do you want to end this year? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/130402-heck-new-years-resolutions-how-do-you-want-end-year.html)

shelby897 01-06-2008 02:04 PM

To heck with New Year's Resolutions, how do you want to end this year?

Okay, so resolutions don't work so well with me -- once I goof up, I just can't get back on track -- so I've decided it's not about how this year starts, it's more important to me how it ends --

On 12/31/08 I want the following --
(In no particular order of importance :D)
When my youngest starts school, to find a job I can end the year enjoying.
To get my organizational skills back up to par!!!
To fit exercise into my life on a regular basis.
To no longer have the sugar cravings that are absolutely killing me right now. To no longer have food/food cravings control my life.
To be 70 to 80 lbs lighter.
To have some awesome, cute clothes.
To be comfortable in my own skin, to be outgoing again and to enlarge my awesome circle of friends.
To improve my relationship with my husband (as close to "pre-marriage" standing as I can!!)
Where do you want to be on New Year's Eve 2008???

Lyn2007 01-06-2008 02:29 PM

I want to be a minimum of 40 pounds lighter, taking me to 201.

I am sure I can do even better, but if I am 201 on New Years Eve I will be HAPPY.

rockinrobin 01-06-2008 02:40 PM

Hi Shelby, long time no hear. I'm glad you're posting.

I love the avatar of your boys. They're incredibly cute and handsome!

I just wanted to pop in to wish you the greatest of luck with attaining your hopes, dreams and wishes for the coming year. I KNOW that you CAN do this. You absolutely CAN. It's time. It's YOUR time and you can do this. :)

HadEnough 01-06-2008 02:41 PM

By the end of the year, I want to:

Be 50-80 pounds lighter.
Be going to the gym 3-5 times a week
Not be struggling with food choices
Be buying regular size clothes off the rack....nothing Plus, not even an XL....ok maybe an XL shirt, because my girls are abundant.
To be comfortable with who I am...in the skin I have (no matter how loose)
To be more outgoing, not as reserved as I am now.

HeatherAngel 01-06-2008 03:55 PM

I don't usually post in this group, but I LOVE the thread!! Instead of 'I hope' - here's some 'I WILL's' -:lol:

Okay - end of 2008:

I will be at goal weight and maintaining.
I will be running 10K.
I will have taken my very first Carribbean vacation... not necessarily in a bikini! ;)
I will have a whole new wardrobe.
I will be working on having a baby... this one's in God's hands. :)

Heather :D

kissingginger 01-06-2008 07:28 PM

This year is going to end with my losing at least 80 pounds.

That's the goal. Here's to 2008!

Ginger

GirlyGirlSebas 01-06-2008 08:53 PM

Hi there! :) I've missed you. Glad to see you posting with us again!

Well, these are my resolutions, but that's okay. This time, I've got game plans for each one and I've set dates to have things accomplished. So, they may be resolutions, but they'll also be my plan for how to end my year!

- Reach my weight goal of 150.
- Begin the C25K program and strength training.
- Get my whole house clean and in order....and keep it that way!
- Start attending church regularly.
- Spend time each day communicating with God.
- Finally put feet to my dream of working for Habitat for Humanity.

sockmonkey70 01-06-2008 09:33 PM

This thread is fun :)

By 12/31/2008

- I hope to be finishing my first semester of clinicals
- I hope to have made/be maintaining my goal weight through the stress of clinicals
- I hope to have taken more responsibility for my finances and paid off atleast one credit card
- I hope to save some money for some new clothes also...I always feel better about myself when I have nice clothes and shoes

That's all I can think of right now!

Eves 01-06-2008 10:23 PM

This next year I'm losing between 40 and 50 pounds. I think I'll end up where my body ends up. Actually, I want to get the big losses out of the way early, so I hope that by the end of the year I'll be maintaining.

With a good job.
And my husband finally being in the US.

Is that too much to ask for?

Switzie6 01-07-2008 09:59 AM

I want to hit my goal weight so that New Years 2009 I don't need to think about my weight or how much I have to lose in the next year. That would be this best gift I could give myself!

kimmieone 01-07-2008 10:17 AM

Well, I want to firmly be working maintenance and to build up my savings. I want this year to end in fantastic health for me and my family and I want to have laughed my *** off as often as possible.

Robin41 01-07-2008 10:29 AM

I'd like to be 9 months into maintenance with a closet full of clothes that actually fit. No more "just in case" pants and no more "if I could only lose a few lbs." blouses.

I want to spend the end of the year looking back at all the new sports and outdoor activities I've tried that I couldn't hope to participate in at 292 lbs.

shelby897 01-07-2008 10:47 AM

Okay, so I thought of something to add to mine -- I want to end this year enjoying an awesome New Year's party somewhere without the regret of not reaching my goal this year -- I want to start the New Year in an awesome good mood thinking of all the great things I want to accomplish next year, without the regret of not putting forth the effort AGAIN to lose weight. I want weight loss completely and totally out of any equation of "I'll take the kids to Disney when I can fit on the ride, I'll join more groups when I'm not so self concious of my weight, bla, bla, bla" -- I'm SICK OF IT!!! :D

Lifeguard 01-07-2008 10:50 AM

Well, I've got some new year's resolutions (that are really continuations of the road I'm on) but if I had a hope for the end of the year it would be that I end the year pregnant (or even better, with a baby). But it is out of my control - much as it has been for the last 6 years.

michellenew 01-07-2008 12:33 PM

HI

MY NEW YEAR RESOLUTION WAS T LOOSE 60 LB, BUT AFTER I WEIGHT MYSELF I TOUGHT THAT WOULD BE REALLY NICE TO LOSE 100 LB,SO I CAN HAVE ON THE NEXT NEW YEAR EVE 145 LB;and i'm willing this time to do it.
THANK YOU ALL FOR SUPPORT
MICHELLENEW