looking for a good group

• Im looking for a good group to join. This is like my millionth time I have decided to do something about my weight and then I fall flat on my behind and I dont want to do that. The doc told me the other day if I dont loose weight when he see me in March he Will most probley label me as a diebetic and I dont want that My Grandmother was a diabetic and I seen some of the things that she went threw. so I have decided that I dont want ot diet I want to make a life style change for me and my family. I have started bying differnet foods for the family. Stocked the house with salad and Fruits and Veggies. On the advice of my doctor I not going to diet I want to eat everyday food but portion control my foods and make healthier chioces. I hope that some one out their will want to help me out and lend an ear some times or even give me a kick in the pants when needed. I will be here.
  • fellow Carolinian!

You have found a great place for support. I have found everyone here to be very supportive and full of great advice, tips, strategies, etc.
  • butterfly
    You are starting down a wonderful path to health. I'm sure that doctor will be so pleased when you go back to see him. And you will have so much more energy to share with those beautiful grandchildren. There's lots of support and advice to be found here.
  • Welcome Butterfly!

We would love to have you join us! This group is full of very smart, supportive and overall wonderful people! There are some days when I feel like I just can't do it today so I come here and always find something that motivates me to keep going.

I also stared my new lifestyle for health reasons. In the past I had always done it because someone else wanted me to or because I wanted to fit into a certain size or look good for a special event. I was always on or off a diet. Not this time! I did this just for me. I didn't set unrealistic goals for myself I just wanted to get healthier. I started eating more fruits and veggies (alot more) and started moving more. You are right on target with portion control that is a huge factor. Just make small changes each day and you will notice the difference. You have to do something you can live with forever. Good luck on your journey and please join in often.
  • Hi butterfly... Anywhere you go here you will find support. We have a thread under weight watchers that is wonderful. I go there but am not doing ww. I am counting my cals also. There are 2 of us doing that. It is a wonderful thread and people come and go but there are a handful of die hards. We are there daily or for sure weekely. It is open to anyone so come on over. It is under Supporting eachother. If you are interested and can not find it let me know. I would love to work with you cuz I to need to lose about 50. I just can not get it going though Myself. You did the first thing buy posting.......
  • I am sorry Butterfly. I saw your post on the opening page. I did not realize you were in a group thread here. I thought you were looking for a new group. I am sure you will find great support here as well. If you would like to stop by you are more than welcome....
  • Butterfly! Glad to have you hanging out with us.
  • Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome. I will be on here daily and getting into my routine and continue to do better. Well i better be getting back to the stick of things I have to decide what to do for lunch. What kind of exercises do you all do if you dont mind? I have a ton of Leslie walking dvds and a ton of richard Simmons. Plus alotmore .
  • Quote: What kind of exercises do you all do if you dont mind? I have a ton of Leslie walking dvds and a ton of richard Simmons. Plus alotmore .
    Bonnie, a lot of people here at 3FC use the Leslie Sansone WATP and have lost a lot of weight.
  • Hi Butterfly!
    I am a big fan of Leslie Sansone, she's my faaaaavorite.
    I also have a Debbie Rocker DVD that I like to do, as it has a lot of lower body work that Leslie doesn't, but she just isn't quite as fun.
  • I love Leslie Dvds. I have to get back into doing them again. I an say Day 2 is almost done and doing great. I dont believe that I have cooked for my whole family and did portion control and I am drinking water now tooo that will help alot but would you know it Tom had to appear. I hate it. Well I am doing good and I am pretty proud of myself. Thanks to everyone