3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   up hill both ways (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/130182-up-hill-both-ways.html)

math puppy 01-04-2008 12:27 AM

up hill both ways

omg im so hungry, but its that hungry that doesnt make your stomach growl!

you know what im talking about?

i think my body knows im not giving it enough calories to maintain its current wieght and its p%#sd off!

i think ill go try to drink as much water as i can in one sitting for that full filling (i hit may calorie intake max already) take a shower and sleep it off, in the morning i will weight that much less for it right? then i can eat again, mmm breakfast!:devil:

wish me luck!

JayEll 01-04-2008 05:41 AM

Hey math puppy!

Tell us something about your plan--how many cals? It's normal to feel hungry sometimes when on a weight loss plan, but it could be that you are restricting too much for your current weight. :chin:

Jay

Purplefirefly 01-04-2008 09:29 AM

I have experienced this as well...but mostly when I was trying to keep to 1200 calories a day and I found out that just wasn't enough for my body, especially since I exercise a lot. You might need to re-evaluate your calories...if you did a lot more activity than usual you might have needed more calories on that day.

Something to consider--set a calorie limit for the total week, then break that down into different amounts for different days. That way, you could eat more when you feel that hungry and it just takes the total for the rest of the week down some. THis helps me a lot because if I need an extra snack one day, I will just end up eating a little less on another day when I'm not as active or something, it balances out in the end of the week.

GirlyGirlSebas 01-04-2008 09:32 AM

Hey Math Puppy. How'd it go? Did you make it through your rough patch last night?

math puppy 01-05-2008 05:21 AM

thanx you all! yea, i drank so much water, then distracted myself by watched tv, it was a rather active day, but i wanted to save calories for this weekend when i went out with friends.. boy did i need them lol!
my plan:
i find that eating about 1500 cals a day will keep me losing weight, i have become more active at this point in my life, so i might need a little more, but it seems to be okay so far. i have been off and on the wagon so many times i forgot how many cals i need to "maintain" my current weight, somewhere around 2000, so if i have a day that gets close to that i never feel too bad based on the idea that "at least i didnt gain any wieght!" i made it to day 4 and im still on track horray!

JayEll 01-05-2008 06:59 AM

Math puppy :cp: :cp: :cp:

Jay

rockinrobin 01-05-2008 07:14 AM

Yay!!! Good for you. I found that the first 2 weeks were really difficult, I must tell you. So do your absolute best to STICK WITH IT during this hard time. Whatever you've got to do. Munch on green beans, drink lots of hot tea or water, chew gum - distract yourself with ANYthing - cleaning, journaling, the computer - yup, sleeping.

Once your past this 2 week period it really should get much easier. You'll be much more accostomed to it. The cravings and hunger should subside. You'll be feeling better and more into it.

Hang in there and keep up the good work!!!! Remember it's worth it. It's incredibly worth it. More then you can even imagine. :)

BattleAx 01-05-2008 10:27 AM

mathpuppy, I have not been hungry one day since starting my plan. If I'm hungry, I eat, even if it means exceeding my day's limit. For me, this is as much about listening to my body's signals as it is following a plan. I have lost steadily and not had to starve myself. This is the only time I have been able to stay with a plan long term. Your calorie intake may be too low, or you may have a temporary need for more.