How to look good naked

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Did the title get your interest? Mine too.

I am not sure what to think of this new show on lifetime. Every time I see the previews I feel something different from amazed to embarrassed to empowered, to just plain "oh my stars!" Since I can't decide if I like the idea of this show, I was wondering how you all feel about it.
  • Haven't heard of it! I would love to check it out though.
  • It is about liking what you have and that no one is airbrushed model perfect. The concept is good about changing the idea of what is beautiful. That is the part I am looking forward to. It starts Friday I think.
  • I've watched it on Slice in Canada -- it's a good show that really focuses on the participants perception of themselves. (they also do this product testing segment with dozens of women wearing only their undies -- but the refreshing part is the product testers are real people of all sizes who all look great)
    I encourage you to check it out -- ya know how flipping through magazines can make you feel down about yourself? This show is a refreshing break from that.
  • It is a good show. Great to see real women in all sorts of sizes.
  • I'm intrigued. I'll be sure to watch this one.
  • Sounds interesting. I'll be watching it. I just set my DVR to record it.
  • oooh is it an american version of the uk show? there's been about two/three series of how to look good naked over here with the presenter Gok Wan headlining it. It's a really good show to be honest - moreso for his presenting skills as well. He basically focuses on one women each show and gets them down to their underwear and discusses why they feel bad about themselves etc and basically bit by bit he builds their confidence and self worth back up so that they are confident in themselves and start accepting their bodies etc - it ends with them doing a naked photo shoot and a catwalk show in underwear!

Can you tell it's one of my favourite shows!

link to uk show info: http://www.channel4.com/life/microsites/H/htlgn/
  • The first time I saw a preview, I DVR'd right through it thinking, "yuck!"

But, it does seem like a positive, body-friendly show, so I've decided to check it out. It doesn't seem mean, but if it it, hopefully I can erase it from my memory before it scars me
  • I'm looking foward to this show. I'm so tired of women hating on themselves.
  • I really want to see this show. Makes me think of the old Dove beauty campaign from a couple years ago. I applaud the women who go on the show!
  • I've been wondering about this new show. The idea sounds neat, but will people respect what the show is trying to do? I, for one, would love to get some positive ideas of how to feel good about myself. I just don't want the show to completely ignore the dangers of obesity. We all know the pitfalls of being overweight, and we are committed to try to improve ourselves. This show will hopefully show us how to be happy with ourselves during our journey.
  • I've never heard of it until now. I just went to the website and watched the clips though, and I think it's the most fantastic thing I've ever seen! I must admit, when the topic comes up, I'm usually the one joking around and telling people that "No one should see my naked body... not even me!" It's times like these I wish I had cable.
  • I am going to check this show out...thanks. Also,I LOVE the Dove's campaign for beauty, too.
  • Soooo cute! I love it. Very body positive!