Old 01-02-2008, 01:41 PM   #16  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Nicole--Isn't technology wonderful...until there is a problem?!!!! I seriously start to panic if there is a problem w/ our internet. Luckily, so far there hasn't been anything I couldn't fix myself, yet. Great to hear from you!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:17 PM   #17  
mj5

Hi again! I did go to the gym right after work, even though I was running late. I did my legs/back workout w/ weights and 20 mins of cardio. Add the 15 mins of yoga and 15 mins of cardio from this am and I am really happy w/ my exercise today! I drank lots of water and have a healthy dinner planned.

Hope everyone has a great night!
Old 01-03-2008, 07:58 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi folks - I had a huge binge last night. I know exactly where it came from. We had a big party for New Years day and I resisted the pie, brownies, cheese and crackers, chip and dip and all the things that came in the door. Well - it was a rebound for me. It's my MO from years before.--get through the party and binge later. But, I threw away everything that I don't need to have as a tempation. I'll drink lots of water and plan for a healthy day. I am feeling hopeful that I can get through it.

food plan:

breakfast - applesauce with ff cheese, peanut butter toast
snack - carrots
lunch - egg white salad sandwich with lf cheese open face, roasted veggies
snack - yogurt with flax, crackers
dinner - turkey sausage, blueberry pancakes, sf syrup
snacck - cherrios, banana, milk.

Purple - good job on the binge journal - I think that will help.

Schmoodle - on plan - good for you! Good job getting the junk out and giving away the goodies. Your' right - it is a releif when it's out.

Rhonda - Do the best you can - it will be a little bit easier when the junk is out.

mj5 - putting down the m&m's is awesome. Good for you!

Nicolen = sorry about your computer having issues...it know that I feel "lost" when mine is on the fritz.

Everyone - have a GREAT day!

Beverly
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:10 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

mj--Great workout yesterday! Keep it up.

Beverly--so sorry about the binge, but you know exactly what to do...get right back on plan and maybe think about how to handle this since it is a problem you've had for awhile it sounds.

I had a really good day yesterday, completely on plan. I planned to do 2 hours cardio, but was so tired and just feeling horrible, so I went to bed early...did get in an hour and 15 min. during the day though, so that still meets my minimum goal of an hour a day for the points challenge.

I'm really striving for perfect 4 point days until weigh in on Monday because I didnt' lose last week and so far this week am still at 236, so I looked at my points and realized I've been earning just 2 pts. a day, my eating has been off so I know that is the problem. I will shoot for 4 points and hope to still lose something...I really love that point challenge, it helps me look back and pinpoint what is going wrong when the scale stops!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful start to the new year. I can't complain here, it's just suddenly turned cold and that always makes me feel tired and depressed, so I am trying to fight that with exercise instead of food.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:15 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks. That's two days back on plan under my belt now. That's in spite of the huge box of Lindt chocolates we received yesterday from DH's aunt. I have not touched one! Today's menu:
B - egg salad wraps, coffee, milk
S - string cheese, V8
L - rutabaga soup, grilled veg, beans
S - latte, celery with LCLC
D - Taco Bake, salad
S - NSA fudgesicle

I know I'm being tested, but I can do this! Keeping my eyes on the Valentine's Day challenge, but I won't weigh again until the end of Ph1, 11 days from now.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:20 AM   #21  

Great job avoiding the chocolates, schmoodle! Maybe put them somewhere out of sight, and they will leave your mind as well? I've been doing that and find the whole house forgets about the junk and it ends up getting tossed...I don't buy it anymore, but that's how I deal with what gets sent in.

And what is taco bake? I think I asked before but don't remember where to see if you answered sorry.

Last edited by Purplefirefly; 01-03-2008 at 08:21 AM.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:45 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

That's okay purple, I remember posting the recipe, but I don't remember where either. It's a sticky under Phase I entrees in the recipes section of the South Beach Diet Sub-forum. Here's the link: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38592
It's so yummy, I make it all the time. Love it!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:47 AM   #23  
mj5

Good Morning! This morning I did the 2mile walk and I feel great! I have already started drinking water and brought my lunch w/ me....for a brief moment last night I considered ordering out today, but I am trying to stick to just going out w/ my friends from work on Fridays. Right after work I am going to the gym for 30 mins of cardio, then to the grocery store.
Beverlyjoy--Ok, so you had a binge. You got rid of the temptations and have a plan for today. Brush yourself off. You CAN do it today!

Purplefirefly--I hope you feel better. Great cardio! It's really cold here too, but at least today the sun is out.

Schmoodle--Yea! Wow, that's willpower, not sure I would be able to resist the chocolates!

Rakel and Sara--How are you doing?

Hi to everyone else! Have a great on plan day!
Old 01-03-2008, 11:41 AM   #24  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Morning everyone!

All my connectivity issues seem to have been resolved - yay! Let's hope I haven't jinxed everything by writing that.

Anyway, New Year, New Me has got off to a great start. I made up my mind that I'd readjust my tickers on New Years Day, so that's why I've shot up. I've got through the silly season without gaining anything so that's got to be a good thing. I've made it to the gym 3 days in a row and had a couple of really good workout.

Actually, speaking of that, it's been funny and annoying watching some of the newbies. I was the newbie this time last year, so I'm trying not to show my annoyance, but I wasn't impressed when one of them grabbed the elliptical I had booked last night. Given that it's written on the machines and on the booking boards to check if they were booked before using the machines, I think I was allowed to be annoyed... Rather passive-aggressive of me, but I just walked over to the booking board, looked at it to confirm I'd booked it for that time and then walked over to the bike. She looked a bit embarrassed and got off the elliptical. I got a giggle out of one of the other newbies - a skinny little thing - followed me around the circuit and clearly thought she could do what the fat girl did - and had to adjust the weights considerably downwards after the first rep!

MJ, sounds like you've made a fantastic start to the new year. Long may we keep it up!

Beverly, good for you for throwing the leftovers away. Sounds like the binge could have been much worse than it was...

Purple, keep up with the exercise. Good luck with the food as well...

Schmoodle, great stuff. Keep it up!

Everyone else, as well as lurkers and newbies. That's a bit of a mouthful! Stop by and introduce yourself or let us know how you're doing. We'd love to hear from you!

Take care
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:55 PM   #25  
mj5

Hi again!

Nicole--Yea you!!!! Awesome start to the new year! I had to laugh at your gym experience....I must say, I was somewhat annoyed when I pulled into the gym parking lot last night and saw what looked like a zillion cars. Now, I suppose I should be happy that so many people are trying to be healthy. However, if history repeats itself, but the end of next month the "crowd" will be back to normal. Good for you for making sure you got your time on the elliptical!

I have a headache that just won't quit today! It's almost a migraine, but not quite. As soon as I finish eating, I will take some more meds and hopefully that will kick it. If not, I may have to resort to getting a cup of coffee--something I have been trying not to do in the afternoon, but sometimes the caffeine will help.

Hope you are having a great on plan day.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:43 PM   #26  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Okay, so I'm a newbie and have never posted in this area before.

My menu for today (all my veg/fruit/meat/teas is organic except for the tuna).

1/2 cup of oats and 1 small banana
green tea - no milk no sugar
water
water
water!!!
I missed my snack and went on the treadmill instead....this was a huge mistake as I was SUPER HUNGRY. by the time I showered and got downstairs it was already lunch time.
big salad - lettuce, tomatoes 2 tbsp. of olive oil, vinegar, salt & pepper
1 can of tuna with flax seeds and 2 Kavli crackers.

I plan for snack: 2 apples, more tea and something protein, but I just don't know what. (any ideas?)

Dinner is chicken breast, brocolli & brown rice, (portioned to 1/4 cup).

More water, more tea.

I plan to *allow* myself 1 small portion of dark chocolate anytime during the day (not after dinner) in the event of a craving...but I don't have it yet, so it's on my list for the next grocery shop.

That's it for today!

Any feedback would be GREAT!!!
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:13 PM   #27  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Today is definitely the day. I'm starting and ending this right, no excuses, and I will be exercising today. I'll check in later with how I do!
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:15 PM   #28  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

PS: If you guys think you have it bad, it's probably worse for me since my livelihood depends on the internet functioning properly :P
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:26 PM   #29  

Schmoodle--Thanks for the link, I am going to try that this week!

Nicole-- at the gym story, must feel so good for you to show that a fat girl can be strong but you won't be fat for long!

Rakel-- you can do it, girl! Get moving!

Sara--I wondered about you today, hope you are okay!

I am having trouble staying alert today, but I managed to scrub floors by hand, grocery shop, and shuttle the kids around as usual. Tomorrow is a very busy day, daughter has a cheerleading pep rally in the evening...there will be 100 cheerleaders, plus all the basketball players, then ALL their families packed into one gym and I have to try and get a seat where I can take pictures of her...that might not happen because I can't go an hour early and sit with a 4 year old that long, he'd go nuts!

Okay, I'm showing my crankiness so I'll end this there...I am not feeling hungry either, only 900 calories right now and I don't feel like eating what the heck is wrong with me?
Old 01-03-2008, 05:28 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 230lbs/225lbs/150lbs

Height: 5'4 230lbs

I would like to have an accountability partner. does anyone want a stray Texan??
BigMommaTX is offline   Reply With Quote