Advice, please---son may help me

• Hi, everyone,

I just came back here recently and have been doing WW since June. Losing very slowly---averaging half a pound per week. I had a big gain after Thanksgiving (4 pounds) and am slowly working to get back to where I was before that. Anyhow, I have a long way to go and am getting discouraged about my results. My son has been seeing a trainer and is doing really well (putting on muscle). He has offered to help me lose weight. I am not sure what he has in mind, but I am kind of excited to have his support. I think I still want to keep it in the parameters of WW---but I could definitely use some extra support right now. What do you think? We would start in January.
  • That sounds like a great idea!! Having a workout buddy is awesome, but to get to share that w/ your son!! Wow, what an opportunity!! Good luck, I hope it goes really well for you both!!

Jenny )
  • that sounds like a faboulous idea! i would totaly do it if i were you, good luck!
  • I think it is great. Not only would it be healthy but it would be some great time with your son.
  • It's pretty cool that your son is so supportive. It sounds like a great way to add more exercise to your day as well as share something with your son
  • I think you need more details about what he has in mind. My opinion FWIW is that generally it's better not to be "monitored" by a family member--which means that they get too involved in your weight loss. If he just wants to pay for your gym membership, though, that would be nice!

Jay
  • I think it will be great for you working out with your son. It's cool he interested and is supportive of your efforts.
  • Thanks, guys. I am excited. He is very good at goal-setting and is a positive supportive person. We will get together soon to discuss the plan and then I will start, probably on January 1 or 2. Thanks, again.