Old 12-23-2007, 12:23 PM   #1  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Red face Advice, please---son may help me

Hi, everyone,

I just came back here recently and have been doing WW since June. Losing very slowly---averaging half a pound per week. I had a big gain after Thanksgiving (4 pounds) and am slowly working to get back to where I was before that. Anyhow, I have a long way to go and am getting discouraged about my results. My son has been seeing a trainer and is doing really well (putting on muscle). He has offered to help me lose weight. I am not sure what he has in mind, but I am kind of excited to have his support. I think I still want to keep it in the parameters of WW---but I could definitely use some extra support right now. What do you think? We would start in January.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 12:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Height: 5'4

That sounds like a great idea!! Having a workout buddy is awesome, but to get to share that w/ your son!! Wow, what an opportunity!! Good luck, I hope it goes really well for you both!!

Jenny )
winning the war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 01:20 PM   #3  
Mango Empress

S/C/G: 275/check my ticker!/145

Height: 5'6"

that sounds like a faboulous idea! i would totaly do it if i were you, good luck!
MangoKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 01:28 PM   #4  
BLUE team

S/C/G: 238/ticker/138

Height: 5'7''

I think it is great. Not only would it be healthy but it would be some great time with your son.
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 03:15 AM   #5  
beautiful on the inside:P

S/C/G: 119 (262) /107 (235) /60 (132)

Height: 5'6''

It's pretty cool that your son is so supportive. It sounds like a great way to add more exercise to your day as well as share something with your son
kasmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 06:44 AM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I think you need more details about what he has in mind. My opinion FWIW is that generally it's better not to be "monitored" by a family member--which means that they get too involved in your weight loss. If he just wants to pay for your gym membership, though, that would be nice!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 09:17 AM   #7  

I think it will be great for you working out with your son. It's cool he interested and is supportive of your efforts.
kimmieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 04:24 PM   #8  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Thanks, guys. I am excited. He is very good at goal-setting and is a positive supportive person. We will get together soon to discuss the plan and then I will start, probably on January 1 or 2. Thanks, again.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote