Old 12-18-2007, 11:12 PM   #1  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Default Biggest Loser **NO SPOILERS**

Wow what a fun show! They all looked amazing, I thought Hollie looked so pretty (still a downer of a person tho LOL) and Phil looked pretty hootttttt hehehehe

They're starting another one (couples) on January 1st, I'll be there!

Our office BL contest wrapped up yesterday, and I came in 2nd place A dude took 1st place, but I'm excited at being the runner up !

I wish they'd do a reunion show of ALL former contestants to see who's been successful at keeping it off!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 07:29 AM   #2  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I have the show taped and will watch it later today. I can't wait to see how everyone looks and who won.

A reunion show would be really cool. Wonder if they will do it or if those that didn't keep the weight off would actually do such a show?
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:11 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I think they've had some past contestants on from time to time. Unfortunately (though no shocking, given the circumstances of their losses), many of them have gained back a substantial amount of weight.

I hadn't really followed the show this season. I caught most of it last night. Those twin brothers were amazing.

And I think we need to start a new thread on this - "Biggest Loser - ALERT - ALL REVEALED"
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:20 AM   #4  

I like the show but I think they need to start two shows, one for women and one for men. It's just not fair the way it is. rockinrobin, I agree those twins were fantastic!
kimmieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:58 AM   #5  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmieone View Post
I like the show but I think they need to start two shows, one for women and one for men. It's just not fair the way it is.
I completely agree. It's not fair to have these guys who are over 400 pounds and could easily still be healthy and muscular at a bit under 200--that means they can lose over 50% of their weight and still be healthy. On the other hand, they have women starting at less than 250--really, what are the ods that they could still be healthy at less than 125 with the amount of exercise they're doing? I was glas, though, that for the first time, they had a few girls near 300 pounds this season.

I've alway thought Hollie was gorgeous, and her new haircut just looks even better. I also thought she did a good job of smiling and staying upbeat last night (as opposed to her gloominess during the season).

I'm not too excited about the season of couples coming up. I'll probably still watch it, but I just see the potential for so many petty arguments within the couples and too much of the blame game going on. Hopefully it will be about supporting each other rather than blaming each other, but thatwouldn't make for very good tv in the eyes of the producers...
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:42 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I think they should have 2 winners, one female, one male.

I also would very, VERY much like to see them having contestants starting out at similar weights. Or at least within 10 lbs of one another. It's really hard and not fair, IMO, when someone is starting out at 218 lbs and someone else is 295 lbs. I'm speaking of the females here. But the same goes with the guys, you had 400 lb + contestants and 300 lb contestants. I think it would be more telling had they all had similar weights.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:51 AM   #7  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Yep, agreed......

Congrats, Trazey!

Last edited by Jen415; 12-19-2007 at 10:52 AM.
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:35 PM   #8  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

My gripe is that they have all these people who have lost tons of weight and look fantastic and they are all wearing dark clothes! Not one of them was wearing anything bright and colourful to show off their new figures. All the ladies had on very nice black or dark blue dresses or pants suites, only the host Allison had on a purple/pinky coloured dress. Do you think they choose what they want to wear or do they have a dresser for all the contestants? I was thinking if it was them picking out the clothes that they are still stuck in their fat mode that they have to wear dark clothes so as to appear thinner. I just would have liked to have seen someone wear a hot pink or red dress and even the guys could have worn shirts with more colour.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:39 PM   #9  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
I think they should have 2 winners, one female, one male.

I have always thought this. I mean scientifically women don't lose as much as women. Plus all the men start out much heavier, so of course the women won't lose as much...
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 01:12 PM   #10  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
My gripe is that they have all these people who have lost tons of weight and look fantastic and they are all wearing dark clothes!
I noticed it, too--they were almost all wearing black, and those not wearing black were still wearing things like navy blue or dark dark green. I wonder if the darker colors, besides just being more slimming, might help to hide imperfections? They almost all have a bunch of loose skin now that they still want to hide. It was apparent when Jerry took off his shirt and when some of the girls were waving their arms (not to say it's a bad thing--I'd much rather have some loose skin than hundreds of extra pounds of fat!--it was just an observation). Just a thought
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 03:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

In the first season, body fat percentage was an important final criteria for the overall winner (the contestants were dunked in a tank to measure body fat at the beginning of the competition and right before the final weigh-in). I really hate the way it is now, a really fit person who built up a lot of muscle is at a disadvantage to a person who might have lost some weight, but didn't build up significant muscle mass.

I also think there should be a male and female winner

PS - I hated Hollie's hair, I don't think the Posh shag is very attractive. I also wonder just what the heck Julie is going to say about nutrition in front of Congress because she seems very hesitant and clueless about eating healthy "oh, Jennie-O turkey sausage, I had that at the ranch, I can eat that!"

Last edited by Glory87; 12-19-2007 at 03:49 PM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 09:14 PM   #12  
active kids, active mom

To be fair, poor Hollie's mother died in the middle of the competition. I am actually amazed at how well she did with all that. Most people would not be able to maintain a weight loss, much less lose more, after something like that. I am guessing she was pretty depressed throughout it all, which came through in the interviews. But, she came out looking great!
knitsforfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 09:38 PM   #13  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
And I think we need to start a new thread on this - "Biggest Loser - ALERT - ALL REVEALED"
Hey everyone!

If you want to REVEAL ALL, spoilers flying willy nilly ... come on over to this thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122637

Located in this group:
3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Fitness > Exercise!
The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing

(I TOTALLY agree about having a male AND female winner. Just not fair as it now unfortunately!)
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:05 PM   #14  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by knitsforfive View Post
To be fair, poor Hollie's mother died in the middle of the competition. I am actually amazed at how well she did with all that. Most people would not be able to maintain a weight loss, much less lose more, after something like that. I am guessing she was pretty depressed throughout it all, which came through in the interviews. But, she came out looking great!
My Mom passed away December of 2004. At the time, I was 190 pounds. One year later, I was 222. Two years later, I was 264. For Hollie to continue trying to do this despite her grief shows her strength and committment. Also, on the episode where the doctors came back to give them their updated lab numbers, etc, they mentioned that she has a thyroid condition. I am impressed with this lady.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 09:08 AM   #15  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Anyone see The Biggest Loser reunion on Larry King last night? they all looked so good and I didn't know that Jillian was a bit chubby as a kid, that's cool

I liked what julie said when larry asked "what do you do if you crave something?" she said "I EAT IT" that she's not living in a prison, she just has a tiny portion of what she's craving and moves on. Words to live by!

Have a great day everyone! This is my last work day for 2 weeks, same for a lot of the folks here - we're wearing antlers, listing to christmas music and I brougth in hot mulled cider (for them ) and cookies, it's gonna be a fun day!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote