3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Mini Goal (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/128568-mini-goal.html)

xJox 12-09-2007 12:23 PM

Mini Goal

My mini goal for month 5 was to be 245 by Dec 9. I made it. YAY! BUT its a miracle that I did. Ive ate WAY too many things I shouldnt be eating, not nearly enough water/exercise/fruits/veggies. My new goal is 235 by Jan 9. I know I can do it, but Im really struggling. How can I get my motivation/dedication back?

gumboot 12-09-2007 12:46 PM

Way to go on reaching your goal this month! Good for you!

kimmieone 12-09-2007 12:47 PM

congrats! :)

Sandi 12-09-2007 10:49 PM

Congratulations on making your mini goal!! That's awesome! :carrot:

As far as getting your motivation back, well, that's a tough one. Because December is such a hard month anyway, maybe you just need to do what you need to do just to keep yourself right where you are. Then after the holidays, try to get back on track 100 %.

kasmin 12-10-2007 04:29 AM

December IS a tough month:( I'm also having troubles with it. I was thinking though it might be worth it to really bear down a few days every week (less calories and more exercise than plan) to make up for the days I won't be this month. Just step it up a notch when I can, you know?

dustdiva 12-10-2007 05:58 AM

I think you're doing great!

Since red & green are holiday colors, why don't you make it a point to incorporate lots of red & green foods (fruits & veggies, not the holiday-colored M&Ms :smug: ) into your daily menus?

I, too, have been lax about incorporating enough of these foods lately, and it does make a difference!

GirlyGirlSebas 12-10-2007 08:09 AM

:congrat: I've loved "watching" your transformation. I understand about the motivation. I've been struggling to hang onto mine for a while now. My only recommendation is to keep trying every day.....never give up. I hear "fake it until you make it" a lot. I truly believe that is the truth. I've had one struggle after another since I started this journey in January. I can tell you that the motivation does come back if I stay on-plan and keep trying.

Keep going, Alana Jo. You can do this.

keeperofthehome4 12-10-2007 12:18 PM

Way to go on your mini goal.

hellokitty81668 12-10-2007 12:43 PM

:carrot: congrats on this goal!! that is great..
Sorry I can't help with motivation.. I am struggling right now, but you are doing so great!!! cheryl

boaterswife 12-10-2007 01:54 PM

Alana, first of all congratulations on reaching that mini-goal! Way to go, girl!

Motivation? Go back and take a look at your "before" pictures and take a moment to revel in how far you've come. Look at yourself in the mirror now, and actually accept the fact that you've changed so much already by your OWN determination. No one did it for you. For me that is so empowering, and gives me the umpf I need to get up and keep going. Again, good for you!

Beverlyjoy 12-10-2007 03:25 PM

Congrats! :) As far as your motivation...just plan for a good day and do the best you can. Good luck.

xJox 12-16-2007 03:12 PM

Sorry I havent replied to this sooner. Ive been swamped with life. I just want to say THANK YOU ALL for your congrats, support, and advice. Im doing better this week with exercise. Food still has a way to go, but the scale has been moving. YAY!

KiraNichole 12-16-2007 08:12 PM

Way to go! You ladies inspire me, I'm just starting out, and hearing ur stories, and seeing ur progress is very inspriring! You look great, and u have made it this far, I'm sure another 10 by Jan. 9th won't b a problem for u!