Old 12-08-2007, 12:47 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 233/188/130

Height: 5'6"

I have the double rolls too! I absolutely hate them. I had my navel pierced when I weighed about 160, and the rolls ate it when I got heavier. It's only gradually starting to re-emerge. Plus, when my weight is lower, the skin from both rolls sags. I cannot win.
Rosemund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 02:27 PM   #17  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

I can't remember the last time I saw my belly button not being attacked by the "double roll"... haha. I envy girls who don't have that problem so they can have their belly buttons pierced and wear shirts tucked in, etc.
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 02:36 PM   #18  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

This is such an interesting thread.

I have to agree I am torn on this issue myself. I'm an advocate for learning to love one's body. Learning to love, because I have to admit I'm not there yet.

There are days when I absolutely hate the way my body is shaped. I can't figure out if I'm an apple/pear/hourglass or what. I mostly hate that some people at my weight/height look fabulous, whereas I just sort of look fat, no matter what I do. I gain weight in my face, the chin isn't very defined, so I never look thin in pictures (or rarely do...). And I hate that I gain all my weight in my stomach, so I've never had a smooth (not necessarily flat) slopping stomach.

Sigh.

But I'm working on getting over it and learning to love the skin I'm in.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:57 PM   #19  
FatCat

S/C/G: 270/244/135

Height: 5'2

I too, am sporting the roll-on-roll belly. I always had a little roll under the belly button, even when I was thin. The roll on top didn't emerge until I hit 230 or so and it's gone down dramatically this last 5-7 pounds. I have the horrible upper arm fat that comes dangerously close to forming a fold above my elbows, and I have matching leg fat above my knees. My rear view is a mess... Back fat squishing out under my bra and I know this sounds totally gross but the size of my derrierre has actually caused my, ummm, crack to go up much farther than necessary. Wow, I hope I am not the only one with that issue or I am going to sound very silly.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 08:05 AM   #20  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Count me in with the belly buttonless crowd. I remember being a bit lighter and being excited that when I laid on my back, everything squished away enough so I could see my belly button, but now that doesn't even happen anymore

And I totally agree about the chick on TBL. I watch her and envy her clearly visible belly button. But then, maybe she would look at me and envy my muscular calf muscles (well, not now that she's all buff from training, but back at her starting point ).

I don't think it's that bad to compare. Some bodies simply weren't meant to do certain things (for example, I will never be a size 2, nor will I ever have big boobs--it's just not in the cards for me), but without seeing features on others we like, how do we know what we want to work toward? I have NEVER been not obese since I was about 12 years old, so I can't say, "I want to look like I did when I was [fill in age here]."

Comparing is human nature. It doesn't mean that if we never achieve the exact things we see we will hate ourselves forever. I look at Angelina Jolie's lips and wish mine were as nice as hers, but mine are thin. Oh well...life goes on
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:26 PM   #21  
I'm going to do it!!!!

S/C/G: 233/233/150

Height: 5'4"

Haha, I like this one! I too have yet to see my belly button!! I had it pierced when I was about 160ish, and it was fine, then gained even more weight, and well, the roll ate my belly button and belly ring!!! I too and 5'4, with all my 'fat' centered in the midsection! I have it other places, but mainly there. I am determined to get my figure and belly button back!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way!!!
KiraNichole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 12:17 AM   #22  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

When I was at my highest weight, my belly button was hidden, like a lot of you are saying. After about 30lbs gone, it's now visible when I stand up, but it disappears still when I sit. My belly used to hang out past my boobs, now it doesn't! But I still have a long ways to go... I also have the two rolls on my belly, one over the belly button and one under. le sigh!
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:46 AM   #23  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

all woman shapes are beautiful! ;D
however, i cant wait till i can sit down AND have a belly button AT THE SAME TIME!

oh, ya, that is an eye catching title lol
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:49 AM   #24  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

"I also have the two rolls on my belly, one over the belly button and one under."

omg mee too!!!
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:57 PM   #25  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

It is an interesting thought. I really thought I was the ONLY person who was hung up on my belly button. I think things sometimes like: "If I could just see my belly button, I wouldn't care HOW much I weigh." Of course that's not true, but I've convinced myself that I'd be more confident if I could pull on a shirt and should I raise my arms... TAH DAH~BAM... belly button.

On another note, it is a good thing that my belly button no longer serves a vital role in my life, because I'd be S.O.L..
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 05:26 PM   #26  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I'm one of those that has one huge belly and a very visible belly button. I hate how big it is and pray it shrinks as my tummy does.

The most hated part of my body was this shelf that lived on the top of my butt. Wow did I hate that. But exercise has taken care of the shelf and is shrinking the tummy very slowly.

Last week I actually saw a hint of collarbone. Ohhhhhhhh the joy of that!
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 01:13 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 245/237/165

Height: 5'10.5"

Default Baby Fat response

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mollie View Post
Since then, other people have come up to me and put their hand on my little pooch and patted it affectionately saying, "When are you due?" And my relpy has been, "not for a long time! I'm just fat, not pregnant."
Ohhh, girl, you had me grinning from ear to ear. I'm (sadly) one of those "fat all over" gals, but I have a perverse sense of humor and I enjoyed being pregnant....
I'd probably answer those comments with "Oh, I wasn't planning to give birth, I just enjoy the pregnancy." "Oh the little dear may be gone in 12-24 months, it just depends on my alcohol (smoking, etc) intake."

Being a tall gal, I've learned that people say things without thinking (often). The comment "Gee you're tall" has been responded with things like "No little man you're just short." (Oh yeah, that pissed him off!) I also say things like, "I ate my veggies, what was your problem?" When people ask "How's the weather up there?" I've responded by looking up and saying, "Looks great to me, evidently there's a lack of oxygen at your level." Of course, I try not to say anything mean spritited unless the person saying it really comes off that way. One guy was shocked at my response when he commented on my height. I looked at him and asked, "How many people walk up to you and annouce that you're bald? I bet you knew you were bald before they said anything didn't you? Well, bald looks good on you. Perhaps you should have said, Tall looks good on me." It kicked off a great conversation.

Anyways, you're one smart cookie. You could have a lot of fun with these comments.
(I'm just glad people can't see my cholesterol. I don't know how I'd respond to that!)
ShyCammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 06:26 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 260/209/150

I dislike my tummy too. I have the opposite problem as you do. I think my belly button is huge...it looks like it could swallow my fist(I'm exaggerating of course) And I've always had large arms. There are so many cute tops, but I feel like my arms just look so out of proportion. I cannot wait to have fully visible collar bones
Jessie_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 06:28 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 260/209/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyCammie View Post
Being a tall gal, I've learned that people say things without thinking (often). The comment "Gee you're tall" has been responded with things like "No little man you're just short." (Oh yeah, that pissed him off!) I also say things like, "I ate my veggies, what was your problem?" When people ask "How's the weather up there?" I've responded by looking up and saying, "Looks great to me, evidently there's a lack of oxygen at your level." Of course, I try not to say anything mean spritited unless the person saying it really comes off that way. One guy was shocked at my response when he commented on my height. I looked at him and asked, "How many people walk up to you and annouce that you're bald? I bet you knew you were bald before they said anything didn't you? Well, bald looks good on you. Perhaps you should have said, Tall looks good on me." It kicked off a great conversation.

Anyways, you're one smart cookie. You could have a lot of fun with these comments.
(I'm just glad people can't see my cholesterol. I don't know how I'd respond to that!)
I was giggling out loud to your responses! You have a great sense of humor
Jessie_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:42 PM   #30  
What am I waiting for?

S/C/G: 315/254/160

I thought I was the only one out there with the two roll stomach, mine is odd the roll above the belly button is larger than the bottom roll, so it sticks out in everything i wear its so annoying. It always looks like I am wearing tight pants and the roll is overflow of it.
I also cannot see my belly button when i am standing up, I cannot wait for it to go away.
When I was 235 I didnt have this roll, it was hardly noticible. i would like to just be there sometime in 2008 i really need to put my mind to it.

I like to call my roll my "frown" that is what it almost looks like a big face frowning haha
jasmine987 is offline   Reply With Quote