Old 12-05-2007, 11:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 304/280/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Ugh..need a kick in the pants.

OK, so around the first part of November, I got back on here and talked a lot about how I was going to re-start, recommit, etc. That was November 8th. And since then, I have done.....nothing. Not a single, solitary thing that I said I was going to do. Haven't gotten back into exercising, still have been eating too much junk and not counting any calories. Nothing. I am so annoyed with myself. But more than that, I am confused. I say I want to lose this weight. I dream about "someday" when I am thinner, healthier, happier. But when it comes down to actually doing it, I don't. I am intelligent enough to KNOW that just wishing for it to happen won't make it so. I realize in order to succeed at this, I have to actually make quite an effort. So why don't I? I KNOW there's no magic pill, no genie in a bottle going to grant me my thin wish, no time machine to go back in time and keep from ever getting fat in the first place. So why am I not getting off of my butt and doing something? I really want it, why am I not taking the steps to go for it? I have been battling bronchitis, but that's not an excuse for not eating better. (I have allowed myself some lee-way with the exercise due to the bronchitis...I get the least bit hot and I cough hard and deep and so much it feels like I'm trying to turn myself inside out.) But that's still not enough reason for doing zilch. I don't know what I need...a kick in the pants, a lecture, a bribe (lol). I just know that I need to do this and I need to get myself back on track, fast. I just needed to vent and have a pity party for a minute...thanks for reading.
ChristyDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:57 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Christy - yes, bronchitis gives you exercise leeway...which means you have to be all the more careful with the food!

OK, so lets recap. You want to change. You know you need to change to acheive your goals. You even know, I think, what you need to DO to change. So the only remaining question is, are you ready to change?

I think you are, but only you can figure that out. What's more, only you can make the commitment to change if you know you're ready...because we ALL know, plenty of things come along to make us question whether we are REALLY ready to do this or REALLY want to. Your resolve has to be iron-strong...there really isn't any other way to say it...or you're going to be fighting with yourself the whole way.

There are great tools out there, and this is one of them..but they only work if you work them as part of your overall commitment to losing. If you aren't committed...if you have made the decision to just do it...the tools aren't going to be able to help you.

So today is your day. DECIDE that this is it. Lock it in, iron strong, in your brain. Make that decision, start working the tools you have available, and get going. You absolutely positively can do this!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 12:12 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

mandalinn's got great advice. It really does take commitment.

Maybe you need a small challenge to get you re-started. How about getting all your water in today? However many glasses.

Or maybe you want to just get in the right amount of fruits & veggies. There's still time! Plan ahead for the rest of today

Yesterday is gone and someday will never come without taking advange of today right this very moment & meal.

You CAN do this!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:52 PM   #4  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

You definitely shouldn't be doing much exercise with bronchitis, but you can change your eating habits and counting calories. I would start with this, and maybe work with some free weights combined with a light stroll (nothing to intense, just enough to get your body moving), providing if you feel up to it.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:15 PM   #5  

In think that moving into a healthy lifestyle and fitness plan can be difficult. We have good intentions and we try but sometimes it is really difficult. Cravings are powerful.

One trick I use to help get me started is to write down my goals. Ask your self why do you want to be healthier, eat right and exercise? I know it can be a silly question but really think about it.

Find a piece of paper and write it down and carry that piece of paper with you. Next time you are deciding what to eat or if you should exercise - consult that piece of paper. It should help you make some good decisions.

Good luck
OneXSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:28 AM   #6  
beautiful on the inside:P

S/C/G: 119 (262) /107 (235) /60 (132)

Height: 5'6''

i agree with the girls, you need to make things more concrete and accessible. Go for small goals at first. Think what in specific losing weight will do for you (going to the beach without fear? --that's mine for sure) or whatever. Maybe it just seems all too much if you think of everything right now?
kasmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:29 AM   #7  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Height: 5'8"

Hi Christy-
Consider yourself "kicked"!! Do you like a good challenge? If yes, don't let the weight issue beat you. I look at it like a game-and who doesn't like to win?? The rewards are astronomical!!!
Hang in there-you can do it.
GET 'ER DONE!!!!!!
Janny O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:19 AM   #8  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Lots of good suggestions... So I'd just like to add one more! I hope it helps.

Forget about that rosy future when you are the "new, slim you." It doesn't exist. It's just a dream you are using to make yourself feel better. Instead, stay in the present. Go look at yourself in a full-length mirror. Go shopping and catch your reflection in the store windows. That is what you look like. It is not going to change, except for the worse, unless you do something NOW. Right now. Today. You can begin, but the only time to begin is in the present. Not after New Years, not next week, not tomorrow.

Do something today. Maybe it will be--make better choices for your meals and snacks for the rest of the day. Maybe it will be--get onto FitDay and figure out a plan. Maybe--check out your local Weight Watchers, or go online. Just choose one thing and do that, today.

You don't have to move the mountain all at once. Just get a teaspoonful of dirt out of the way. You've already lost 21 pounds--and so you know you can succeed.

You can do this, if you want it enough. No excuses!

Good luck!
Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 12-06-2007 at 10:20 AM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Think about this: tomorrow is going to come, no matter what. Why not wake up in the morning feeling better about yourself than you do today? Next week, month, year, is going to come no matter what...you can find yourself then battling even more weight or with the weight coming off and feeling great, but either way you're not going to be the same as you are today. You are always changing, whether it be for the worse or better. Make it the better!

That helps me a lot, to think about next summer and how I want to feel healthier, and to not be embarrassed in a swimsuit or shorts. It's going to come no matter what...I can get there a little slimmer with more confidence, or I can get there heavier, because either one is going to happen! I'd much rather get there slimmer I want each day to feel a little better than I did the day before, because the only other alternative is to feel worse and worse each day I stay this fat, miserable, self-defeating woman.

I think looking in the mirror and really seeing how you look is a great idea. Catching glimpses of myself in mirrors is what got it through my head that I do not look to others the way I feel inside my head...I don't look like ME! How sad is that?
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote