Is this true?

• I have noticed the past couple days that I have started to sweat very easily. I can just walk across the house and break a sweat...when I exercise, it used to take a bit for me to barely sweat, but now I start pouring it out within the first couple minutes of my warm up. I have not changed the temperature in the house, but have been consistently exercising for 2.5 weeks, and a lot! I moved up to a higher weight for my strength training last night, so I have improved.

A friend told me that the sweating is because my metabolism has boosted and is faster, and it's a good thing...is this true? Or is somethign else causing this....I don't normally sweat easily.
  • If you have an overactive thyroid gland, then that may cause excessive sweating but that is something that would need to be treated. It could also be something else. It actually may be something that you would want to check with your doctor.

http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/DS/00305.html

For some reason, I used to sweat a lot but now days I find it harder to sweat. Not sure why.
  • Nelie maybe it is cause you are weighing less and therefore exerting less energy to do the normal stuff.
  • I've heard that people who exercise more actually start sweating before people who do not exercise that much.

Not sure how true that is, but if it is true, then it'd mean that the more you exercise (at regularly increasing levels to compensate for losing weight etc.) the easier you sweat.

*shrug* Again, just something I heard.
  • I sweat more than I used to, but I still don't sweat a ton. Like Faerie, I was told that people who exercise may sweat more. I have no idea if it's true, but was told it's because our bodies get used to having to cool off and sweat quicker as a kind of "learned response"...