3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I ate so much! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/127595-i-ate-so-much.html)

Pita09 11-22-2007 08:14 PM

I ate so much!

OK, I will be the first to admit that I ate too much and I'm currently suffering for it. :( We went to Cracker Barrel and I had their Thanksgiving meal, which consisted of about 5 oz of turkey, 2 oz of ham, 1 cup of stuffing covered in gravy, 1 cup of fried okra, 1 cup of mashed very sweet potatoes, one corn muffin with butter. I had three cups of coffee with Splenda and half and half, and for dessert I had their pumpkin pie with pecan streusel topping and a scoop of vanilla bean ice-cream.

I feel like a slug!! I haven't eaten that quantity of food in months and I hardly touch sweets anymore. My poor Sweetie is suffering with me as well. We have already decided to go much, much lighter for Christmas dinner.

The good thing is that I did exercise like crazy this morning and I'll be right back on plan tomorrow...or whenever I'm able to eat again. :rolleyes:

Anyone else care to share their gluttony story, or better yet, does anyone want to share how great they did. :smug:

Get n healthy 11-22-2007 08:26 PM

Well i ate more than i normally would on a given day, but come on, Thanksgiving is once a year. This is a life time journey. So while i did eat too much, i ate just what i had planned. I said, i would eat one plate. And i ate one plate. The good news is that one plate STUFFED me. :carrot: And i didnt even eat all of that one plate. But it was uncomfortable, i was so full, i felt stiff. GROSS. But a month ago, i could have eaten three plates. So i was honestly THRILLED that 3/4 of a plate stuffed me. And i was happy that I was so full, i only ate two bites of pumpkin pie. :dizzy: I love that my stomach has shrunk that much.

Cracker barrel sounds good. I did all the cooking this year and we had a lovely day at my house.

jtammy 11-22-2007 08:30 PM

Pita, I posted a similar thread just a few minutes ago. :) I ate a plate of raw veggies first to dim the hunger. Then I ate about 6 ounces of ham, about 3 ounces of turkey, 1/2 cup of broccoli casserole (lower calorie version than usual), about a cup of cornbread dressing (to die for good!), 3/4 cup of sweet potatoes (sugar free so not too bad), 1/2 of a deviled egg, and a couple of tablespoons of fruit salad. Not great but not too bad. Afterwards, I went to help my mom pick up eggs, they have an egg farm and the hens don't care if it's Thanksgiving. I had decided to save my dessert until after then. At that point, I ate some german chocolate cake - 3 :o pieces. I feel really sick to my stomach. It was great going down, but I don't eat much sweets anymore so I'm really paying for it now.

There is no way I can eat dinner tonight. I'm just trying to drink water to feel a little better.

SoulBliss 11-22-2007 09:06 PM

Non-traditional day for a non-traditional woman!

I ate this for brunch:

1/2 cup white beans with 1 cup of rainbow chard, 1/3 cup leeks, 2 cloves garlic, 1/4 cup each peas and corn, a few pinches of crushed red peppers all cooked in 1 tsp. of extra virgin coconut oil then served with 1 tsp. raw tahini and 1 T. of nutritional yeast

Later, I had 2 cups steamed broccoli served with 2 oz. smoked tempeh, 1/2 cup rainbow chard (spiced up with garlic, red pepper, rice vinegar) and 1 sliced tomato

Next, I had 1 cup red lentil soup (red lentils, kombu, leek, garlic and less than 1 tsp. extra virgin coconut oil).

I also had 1 beer. :D

In the freezer, I have a chocolate caramel silk pie I just made and I will have a piece later. It's made with tofu, chocolate chips, vegan cream cheese and caramel syrup.

EDIT: I just had my pie (1/8 of a pie). This is the best pie ever. I can't believe it's mostly tofu. I don't think anyone would be able to tell!!!

I may have more broccoli and red lentil soup later if I am still hungry.

;)

katmeow 11-22-2007 09:31 PM

I ate like an idiot today too. But I am on WW and I did plan for this to be my point blowing day! Like one previous poster commented, I got "full" alot more easily than I thought. I did eat some 0 point soup before going and chowed on the veggie tray w/ ff ranch dip I brought.

Tomorrow will be a very light points day for me. I have tried and true tricks in my bag for days like this!

rakel 11-22-2007 11:24 PM

I got full a lot easier too. I had one plate where I put a little bit of everything to see what I'd like, then I went back and got another plate with a little more, but by the time I was done I was stuffed! I did not PILE my plates full of food either. You know what I mean ;) I saw everyone else do that, but I didn't even think to do that. A year ago I was piling my plate high too and went through at least 2 of those plates. I could have done better but I'm pretty pleased with myself. I guess I worried all week for nothing! It feels great to have made a change like this... and to think, it will only get better from here. I think I feel a bit excited rather than depressed! Hopefully the scale will agree with me :)

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

dek6 11-22-2007 11:31 PM

I ate so much. I still feel sick. But it is over and things are back on track. My aunt bought butter toffee covered peanuts and I think that my cousin and I ate almost the whole bowel. and I had like 3 pieces of bread (homemade white, cranberry, pumpkin) and 2 pieces of pie and 2 pieces of fudge and this was after my HUGE dinner.... UGH!!!! I probably gained my 20 pounds back. LOL

SoulBliss 11-23-2007 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dek6 (Post 1938748)
My aunt bought butter toffee covered peanuts and I think that my cousin and I ate almost the whole bowel.

:o I hope you mean "bowl". :lol:

Booskie 11-23-2007 12:27 AM

I didn't do as badly as I thought I would, I did keep it down to moderate portions and only one helping of everything (except I just had to have another small bit of corn casserole). I have been staying away from the pies though, I know someone is going to try to tempt me but I'm going to try to be strong or if not I'll just have a small sliver of pie.

I did have one family member try to get me to throw the plan out the window just for today, as tempting as it was I tried to keep to what I had intended and so far it has worked. Normally I would have been back for 3rds or 4ths by now.

One down, two more food fest holidays to go :dizzy:

kasmin 11-23-2007 02:33 AM

One day a year, everyone deserves a day off. Tomorrow is a new day!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulBliss (Post 1938651)
In the freezer, I have a chocolate caramel silk pie I just made and I will have a piece later. It's made with tofu, chocolate chips, vegan cream cheese and caramel syrup.

EDIT: I just had my pie (1/8 of a pie). This is the best pie ever. I can't believe it's mostly tofu. I don't think anyone would be able to tell!!!
;)

And btw Soulbliss, this aforementioned pie--could you post the recipe for that? It sounds FABULOUS:hun:. Also, do you have any idea about the calories involved?

pamatga 11-23-2007 03:01 AM

It was much easier than I had thought

I have no explanation why it was easier than I thought. I too am on WW so I knew it was going to be a point buster day but it wasn't in the way I would have expected it. I think what helped is that my Thanksgiving meal was shared with myself and my DH. I am not sure how I would have handled it if I had gone to someone else's home where they don't have the same foods in their home as I now do.

Soulbliss---I have never eaten half of what you mentioned but it sounded really good.

I had the traditional turkey dinner except I forgot to tell my DH to pick up a pumpkin pie! So, I didn't have anything but a peppermint candy as my "dessert". I ate one plate, not over full, and I didn't eat again for another 5-6 hours when I made two cold turkey sandwiches with some skim milk.

That was it! The rest of the day was spent watching movies, playing games and doing a ton of dishes!!

I'm glad it went well for everyone!:carrot:

Rosemund 11-23-2007 07:47 AM

I didn't count calories (I decided one day wouldn't hurt) and I ate more than normal, but I don't think I did so badly. I could only manage one plate of food and a bowl of dessert, which is a lot less than I usually have. And I did get up and go running this morning, so I think I'm okay.

SoulBliss 11-23-2007 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasmin (Post 1938814)
One day a year, everyone deserves a day off. Tomorrow is a new day!

And btw Soulbliss, this aforementioned pie--could you post the recipe for that? It sounds FABULOUS:hun:. Also, do you have any idea about the calories involved?

Here it is! It was a nice treat!

Vegan Chocolate Caramel Silk Pie

I used 12 oz. vegan chocolate chips, (melted in a pot over a pot of boiling water, my makeshift double boiler for only 3 minutes) mixing in 4 T. Caramel Syrup (the kind you put in coffee) and then mixed this with an immersion blender in a stainless steel bowl with 1 box Mori-Nu Silken Organic Firm Tofu, and that is it!

Then, I poured it into a Arrowhead Mills Organic chocolate pie crust. Prep time is under 10 minutes!

It's in the freezer now, as it will set faster than it does in the refrigerator.

I did the calorie count and nutritional info. on the entire pie.

Here it is:

If you divide the pie into 8 pieces (16 is fine too!), it has 364 calories per slice, 21 grams of fat, 45 grams of carbohydrate, 6 grams of protein and 0 cholesterol. Hey, it's a lot of calories but it is so worth it once in a while!