Old 11-20-2007, 04:33 PM   #16  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Mary, can you recall what the thoughts are that you have as you're deciding where to go to eat? Are they thoughts of "Oh what difference does it make?" or "Who cares anyway, I'm just going to eat." or are they kind of wicked, like "I'm going to do what I want, I deserve it." or are they miserable thoughts like "I'm fat and I'm always going to be fat."

Can you tell us what you think as you make those choices?

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:34 PM   #17  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

I think..."Man I would love a big greasy cheeseburger and some fries. I can get back on track some other day. I haven't gained back THAT much weight. Since I am so busy I can get away with it for awhile"
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:14 PM   #18  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I am sorry you are having such a tough time..... I completly understand... I have gained 2 lbs back of what I lost. I really think for me two things have affected me... the holidays coming up and fall/winter being here. I am not giving up and I know you can do it too!! you have lost so much and I know you can do this.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:37 PM   #19  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Quote:
I love the bad foods, and I hate the thought of going back to eating right Grrrrrrr. So yeah. I am trying to make a come back here..But I don't know what to do.
Quote:
I think..."Man I would love a big greasy cheeseburger and some fries. I can get back on track some other day. I haven't gained back THAT much weight. Since I am so busy I can get away with it for awhile"
Dear Mary. Weren't there ever any "good" foods that you liked?

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 11-20-2007 at 06:37 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:51 PM   #20  
I have less blubber!

LOL yes, there are good foods that I like...but for some reason the bad ones just taste oh so much better

I am glad to be back here. I am feeling more positive already.

THANK YOU LADIES!!! BIG HUGS
Old 11-20-2007, 06:59 PM   #21  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

What if just for one meal, like lunch tomorrow, you went to Subway and had one of their low-fat six-inch sandwiches? Without the mayo, maybe some vinegar, lots of veggies? And skip the chips. You could try it, anyway. It's just one meal.

Jay
Old 11-20-2007, 07:20 PM   #22  
I have less blubber!

Actually I have managed to get so broke I think I will be forced to eat the Lean Cuisines in my freezer hehe. If I don't have the money to eat out, then I can't! Yay for being poor!
Old 11-20-2007, 08:02 PM   #23  
Trying Intuitive Eating

S/C/G: 430/ticker/138

Height: 5'5.5

Hey sockmonkey...

First of all, CONGRATS for catching yourself at just 4 pounds and starting to think this through now. You should really be proud of yourself for that, and recognize it for the sign of fundamental strength and committment that it is.

I recognize your 'all or nothing' diet mentality from every last effort of mine except this last and ongoing one. For me it was always veered between diet perfection and utter food chaos.

Last night I was making my lunch for today - romaine lettuce, salad veggies, grilled chicken, cubed cheese, assorted nuts and seeds to toss over it all. I was literally *salivating* over the green pepper and carrots. I nibbled a couple and was in heaven. I thought it was going to be delicious today, and it was! I had a healthy breakfast as well, and snacked on fruit and nuts in the afternoon. A model day really, and everything I had was exactly what I wanted.

And then, driving home? I was tired (really poor sleep last night) and a little stressed, and was suddenly overcome with the desire to eat something hot and greasy. So I checked in with myself...was this really what I wanted? Was I just tired? Could I conceivably make a better choice, and still feel satisfied with my meal? Nope. I wanted something hot and greasy. So I went to the grocery store and bought take out chicken wings and potato wedges, took them to my car and ate them right there in the parking lot. Half of the 10 small chicken wings and several potato wedges, just until I felt satisfied and no more. Stopped at the drugstore and polished it off with 70 calories of Lindt dark chocolate. All this completely without guilt or any sense of doing anything wrong. Just came back from an hour walk, and feel great.

I've learned that I can trust myself to make good choices for weight loss with ease most of the time. Part of that has been allowing myself non-typical diet foods in normal or reduced quantities whenever I want them. If you were to get up tomorrow and have a delicious healthy breakfast, it would not preclude you from making any other choice for the rest of the day. Consider just committing to one meal. Pamper yourself with a pretty dishes, a nice presentation, and a peaceful and quiet place to concentrate on your balanced and delicious meal and savour every bite. Then see what lunch brings! You'll already have done something wonderful for yourself for the day, and might be surprised how infectious it can be.

Last edited by MetaChick; 11-20-2007 at 08:05 PM.
MetaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:24 PM   #24  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Mary,
You CAN do this. Congrats for catching yourself at such an early place. I have been there. I lost 70 lbs. Then I slowly let the old lifestyle creep back in and gained every single lb. back. I am so proud of you for posting!
I find that greasy foods are a trigger for me. The more I eat, the more I want. If you can break the cycle for a few days, your body will stop craving all of that grease. Your idea of using your freezer supply is an excellent one. Everyone else is spot-on. One meal at a time, one day at a time. Plan, plan, plan. Also - have healthy snack foods within reach. Make it as easy as possible to make the "right" choice, and as difficult as possible to make the wrong one. I just know that a week from now, you are going to be back on track and well on your way to shedding those 4 little lbs.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:45 PM   #25  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I know how your feeling. After a 60 pound loss and more to go, I've started to loose motivation. But we can't give up yet.

My solution? I got more advanced work out DVDs to push for, signed up for a 5k walk, made a bet with a friend to not gain anything, and bought some books(Think thin, Be thin and Thin for life). Things that will help motivate me and give me tips on how to combat emotional eating. I think it's helped. I've exercised 3 days in a row so far.

Also, something my best friend said. "You either want this or you don't. And right now, it doesn't look like you want this." You don't want to have to do this again? I know I don't. It's so hard and it will be a lifelong thing. But hey, we'll be healthy, fit and hot at the same time. I know the last time I tried some fried mushrooms I couldn't finish it and wanted to vomit. It was disguasting. I grew up on fast food. I've been eating marginally well the last few months and already have had some change. I know some days it's so hard not to go to McDonalds or order pizza. That's why I keep Lean Cuisine for those times. Being broke did help me get out of that fast food rut. Also, if you got to have fast food, try order just a kids meal and get a salad on the side. At least it'd be a smaller portion of ick.

Good luck. You were one of the few "it" people I took notice of when I joined the forum. The people that help me feel like this is attainable for me.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:58 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey70 View Post
Actually I have managed to get so broke I think I will be forced to eat the Lean Cuisines in my freezer hehe. If I don't have the money to eat out, then I can't! Yay for being poor!
Many days the lean cusines are what my lunch is. I bought a bunch, like 15 and stocked the work freezer with them. It saves me from a couple things, lunch is done, I don't need to get up early to fix it up, and 2 I don't need to leave work anymore tempting me to make bad choices.

Much luck to you, I know how you feel bc there are days I would love a cheesburger or get a blizzard from dairy queen, I'm not even sure what has kept me away, but I have, and I"m doing my best to continue to do so. You know we are all here for you!!
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:46 PM   #27  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

You did good at catching youself at 4 lbs... and your cry for help shows that you truly care about yourself and really want to get back on track.

You can eat those foods, but in a healthier way. If you have a hankering for a burger... get some extra lean ground beef and grill one up. If you want fries, cut up a potato, rinse it in water, toss with a bit of olive oil and seasoning and bake it in the oven

I'm coming to that time of month when I get bummed about everything, and I just want to eat what the heck I want. I've been cutting up veggies and keeping them with me to snack throughout the day, so when it does come time to lunch at work, I'm not craving for the nasty food so badly - and am satisfied with healthier choices. Eating smaller healther portions throughout the day instead of 3 big meals really help me a lot.

you've been doing so well and I know you can get right back on track, you just need to shake things up a bit and substitute for healthier but still yummy choices.
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:51 PM   #28  

You'll be ok, just don't be too hard on yourself.
Synergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:34 PM   #29  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Mary. Its so good to hear from you again. I've missed seeing your beautiful face around here. I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a rough time. These times always seem to come around, don't they. I've been going through another one of my rough times myself. One thing I'm realizing is that it is just about impossible for me to stay on-plan when I am not getting enough sleep. The lack of sleep makes me head for the kitchen to look for something to pick me up....mainly, the sugary carbs. Plus, I just don't have the energy necessary to keep myself on-plan and not giving into my stress, moods, etc. Could this be your problem, also? You mention working two jobs and going to school full-time. You have quite a load on your plate.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:05 AM   #30  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

Mary, you have came a long way. I wish I was were you are. Be proud of yourself. You have done a wonderful job!!!
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote