Totally OFF TOPIC....Branson question

• Anybody here have Silver Dollar City season passes?

A friend has offered me her season pass for an upcoming trip, but I'm a little nervous to use it. The pass has no photo on it, but do they ask for ID at the gate to make sure it's you? Any help would be appreciated! This family trip gets more and more costly each year with our one day tickets costing over $300....the $50 her pass would save me this year would be great, but as I said, it makes me nervous!
  • We live in the land of the mouse (central Florida). Disney, Universal, Seaworld, etc have really cracked down on the pass swapping thing. We bought Universal annual passes last year for Christmas. They take computer fingerprints everytime we go in! I don't know what they'd do if you got caught. Maybe take the pass and make you pay to get in? I sure understand the expense thing. Why is it you pay soooo much to get in these places and then have to pay $3-5 for a bottle of water??!!! And forget healthy food choices! Argh! I will say we sure have enjoyed our Universal passes and have learned how to get by as cheaply as possible, but it has been a learning experience.

Tough decision for you!
  • Silver Dollar City doesn't check ID's. At least, they didn't last year. Ask your friend! If she has used her pass this year she'll remember if they asked or not. But as of last year they didn't. They hardly even noticed if you had a pass or not if you went through that line. Kind of like walking into Costco....there have been so many times I've wanted to flash my Y membership card or something and see if they even notice!
  • I am from Branson. Take it from a person who used to work in Branson at a tourist attraction.... don't do it! SDC DOES check ID's. Even if it's at random. Every time I've gone they've asked everyone before me in line for ID's (they even checked mine - and I got in free for working in Branson so I'd have to show my ID and work pay stub at a different place before even going through the gates). It would be too risky to try. If they did ask for your ID and it didn't match with the pass, your friend would risk losing her Season Pass (and I know how expensive those things are) and it would be embarassing to you, I'm sure.

And, you DO have to have your pass to get in the gate (you put it in a machine or they swipe it through a machine), so it's not like Costco as a PP said. I lived there for 14 years before moving to Oklahoma last year, my parents still live there. I worked there for 9 years.

They used to mail out friend passes to SDC Season Pass Holders every year where one of their friends could get in for free for one day. I guess they've stopped doing that? I do agree that these places are PRICEY!!! I won't go there with my family unless we get in free (my dad sings in a show there, so we are still able to get at least one of us in free when we go because he can get himself and a guest in). I can't imagine the cost involved in that kind of a vacation.
  • Thanks for all the info! My friend bought the pass and used it the day she purchased it, but then unfortunately did not make it back down there this year so has never been through the regular line with her pass. I think I'll buck up and just pay for the tickets....we go every year and I wouldn't break the family tradition over $50, and I'm not sure I could take the embarrassment! LOL!