3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   people I need help finding a good low fat Turkey day dessert........ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/127085-people-i-need-help-finding-good-low-fat-turkey-day-dessert.html)

hellokitty81668 11-14-2007 07:08 PM

thanks for all the great advice......
I think I have decided on this recipe I found today, it is made without a crust, so this will help cut out on the calories:
INGREDIENTS
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 eggs
2 cups canned pumpkin
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONS
In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar and flour. Add eggs; mix well. Stir in the pumpkin, milk, vanilla and cinnamon if desired; mix until well blended. Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Place pie plate in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; add 1/2 in. of hot water to pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
*****I might play around with it and make the milk low fat, and take out some of the sugar and replace it with something. maybe more spices? any suggestions ;)
cheryl

kasmin 11-15-2007 05:14 AM

Wow--all the recipes so far look great! The more so since I haven't made dinner tonight yet:p I don't have any to add myself (other than to congratulate all you awesome cooks out there on your recipes), but I was thinking, cheryl, that perhaps you could substitute some of the sugar with fruit juice possibly. So only use part of the milk but for the rest add like an apple juice or something. Isn't that how they sweeten sugar-free cookies and muffins?

traci in training 11-16-2007 04:18 PM

I'm not a pumpkin-eater so no help here. But I'm with Robin. I like fancy baked apples for dessert on holidays. Peel them halfway down, core them, put just a teaspoon of butter and a couple of teaspoons of brown sugar in them and bake them. Serve with some light cool whip - yum!

You could also make pumpkin bars with half whole wheat flour and sub the oil or butter out with applesauce. I do that with everything and it works well. The texture is a little different without the fat, but the taste is good.

Schmoodle 11-18-2007 12:50 PM

Yum, these sound great! I'm going to get busy printing out some recipes!
I plan to make a pumpkin custard (basically pumpkin pie without the crust), sweetened with agave nectar for Thanksgiving.
I think I'll also make an apple crisp. I've made it a couple of times lately - so good! I just cut up apples (peel on) and toss with some cinnamon and agave nectar and put in a baking pan. Then top with a crumb mixture made from smart balance, oats, cinnamon, chopped nuts, more agave nectar, and a spoonful or two of ww flour.