Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2002, 06:08 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default Weekly Challenge 1/21- 1/25

My goodness the month of Jan is almost over.

I do get so much out of these challenges. My work schedule is a little more predictable this week. So hopefull y I will be a liitle better with my routine.

Any one else game?

We have so many new and old friends around!

For the newbies, pick a goal you want to work on and post daily on how it is goingl. Give and get support from others and then tell us how the week went.

I am a lo carber since 7/01. I have polycystic ovary syndrome and thru research I found out that this woe can help. WHich it did. I work out 5 days a week. 45 mmin-1 hour. I weight train upper body and lower body 2 x week each and on the 5th day I do bursts during my aeroibic workout which has been the treadmil which I do each day. That's a little bit about me.
Good Luck everyone
Old 01-21-2002, 12:10 AM   #2  
Keeping it simple...

I'm with you, Pat.

My OP challenge is to workout every day for 10 to 30 minutes. I choose this challenge because it's traditionally one of the weakest points of my plan.

Tallyho!

Kath
Old 01-21-2002, 01:44 AM   #3  

I'm still lurking out here and decided to join in.

I have been "good" with my exercise but it is still the weakest link in my quest to lose weight.

Goal for this week is to exercise 6 out of 7 days for minimun of 45 minutes.

ANNNNND have been snacking at night a bit....no more snacks after dinner.
Old 01-21-2002, 12:05 PM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

You know I am in for this one!! Saturday I have a party for my family at my sister in laws. ans she always has pizze (which I do not like the brand) that could be good but i need to tactfully bring some thing that i will eat. I am working on day 21 of OP!!! WHOO HOOO
Old 01-21-2002, 03:29 PM   #5  

Default week 3 OP

Hi ladies. I am in for this weeks challenge. I just weighed in this morning for my completion of week 2. I didnt lose, but i will not let that get me down. I was OP all week and exercised too, but got my period 2 nights ago and i always gain a few due to all the water. Last night, after doing so well for 13 days, I overate.. yuck.I dont know why i did it, but it didnt feel good at all. I hated it and was anxious to get back on track today, which I did. I think my body was so used to going in that direction, you know, quitting after a week or so, that it just 'went there'! I dont know, but the fact that I didnt stay there is a real good feeling for me. My challenge this week is to get in my water 7 days, and 15 mins of biking 5 days. I'm so glad I'm here, and you all are here with me!
curley
Old 01-22-2002, 05:34 AM   #6  
Work in Progress

Good Morning all

Monday was agood day for me!

Got in a 1 hour workout which I am happy about>

Ate OP and drank my water

How did everyone else do?

Curley, overeating is the pits. I think about how I did all the time, when I do it now UGH.

Sue, 21 days WHOO HOO!

Nikolas and Kath S- How was your MONDAY?
Old 01-22-2002, 10:19 AM   #7  

Good morning Ladies!!!

I'm with Kath, I *must* work on exercising! So my goal is to exercise 10-30 minutes 5 days a week.

Curley, I bet you did loose and you can't see it yet because of the water retention.

Nikolas - you go girl!! that's fabulous! What kind of work out do you do?

Sue... 21 days op???? You are my official OP hero! Wow! I always break on the weekend - how do you stay so strong?

Hope everyone has a successful week!
Chelle
Old 01-22-2002, 10:30 AM   #8  
Keeping it simple...

Well, did my half hour on the treadmill yesterday!! So far, so good! One day down, four to go... And I've decided that I'm going to give myself a big grin for each weekly OP challenge I make it through (made it through last week's, hooray!).

Pat, you're doing fantastic!

Curley, you're back in the saddle! That in itself is a serious challenge that you just managed to beat. You go, girl!

Sue, 21 days! WOW! You are my hero!

Nik, go for it!

Chelle! There you are! Let's kick some behind, chick! (We must have been posting at the same time.)

Now for day 2... go get 'em ladies!

Kath

OP Challenge Stats:

Last edited by KathS; 01-22-2002 at 10:34 AM.
Old 01-22-2002, 01:56 PM   #9  
Trying to find my way.

OH GOHS I feel so down now. I just came back fom lunch with dh (he is having surgery on monday and today was his presurgery appt. so we went to friendlies. I was ging to stay OP but decided to splurge and have that sunday. So I did with almost no regrets. I did say as i was ordering it that this will break my 22 day with no over the carb limit days, then i placed my order. so girls I caved but it was a controled cave. (HHMMM cani say for today i am doing CAD?? LOL ) so it is back to 0 days op! I need to start all over again!

Kath you also are doing great. it is done one day at a time.

chelle start with staying op for one of the 2 weekend days, get rid of the craving food and when ou are hungry eat. but eat good food. then wait 30 min boefore you think about more food. by that time you are not hungry, and sill not eat it.
Old 01-23-2002, 05:36 AM   #10  
Work in Progress

Hi all

It is Hump day!

The weeks sure do fly by.

I am still OP got a 50 min w/o yesterday and still not getting all my water in

Sue , Darn that Friendlys , WHat kind of surgery is DH having?

Kath S, WHOOHOO! I do love th etreadmill. I find it so mindless. I have read 2 articles touting that it is teh best aerobic workout for the time.

Chelle, How is teh work out thing going?

Curley and nikolas how are you guys doing?
Old 01-23-2002, 10:20 AM   #11  
Keeping it simple...

Made it through day 2. Three days to go! Whew!

My goal is to do 5-day challenges every week focusing on one thing... the weakest point on my program... exercise. This way I will make a good effort to get 5 days of exercise a week (which covers my total weekly workout plan). I just have to keep things very simple right now. I know I can't be absolutely perfect all the time (daily exercise and watching fat and carbs and sugars and sodium and calories, etc., etc., etc.). My plan involves two things and two things only: working out at least 5 days a week and eating around 1,500 cals a day. And, I've found that when I get my behind to the gym and workout on that treadmill, I’m much more likely to stay within my caloric range through the rest of the evening. That's why I pick workouts as my OP challenge... it's the thing I'm least likely to do and the thing that most often helps me stay on track.

And, I can't tell you how much it helps checking in with you guys regularly... and the info you generously share... and the encouragement... through good days and bad. You guys are the best!

Chelle, Nik and Curley... how's it going guys?

Pat, you go, girl!

Sue, Friendlies... yummmmmm... at least you went off OP with something that was well worth it. I hate it when I go off OP with something I don't even really like. Know you will be back on your game without a hitch. You rock!

Kath

Last edited by KathS; 01-23-2002 at 11:45 AM.
Old 01-23-2002, 11:35 AM   #12  
Trying to find my way.

Thanks guys I will say that it was worth it!! MMMMM but back to program again! (and not I am suffering from cravings where oh where is the cromium!!!) but they are manageable as it was just that one thing. so not to bad aslong as i do not dcontinue to eat! I can handle that.

Pat he is having his bursa removed from his hip. outpatients stuff. so next week will be a bit harry for being op and exercising but i plan to manage it with the help of protein bars and going to the YM while he is in surgery! LOL

So Kath did you make it to the gym today??

Chelle? how about you??

Pat is getting to the gym easier for you now?? I am getting a cpy of the power 90 tapes so i can do them on days that I can not make it to the gym due to kid stuff!

curley, nick how are you guys doing???
Old 01-23-2002, 11:41 AM   #13  
Keeping it simple...

Hey Sue... we must have been posting at the same time (more likely, I was editing my post... bad habit of mine... always thinking of additional things I want to share).

I usually workout between 5:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Will hit the gym then... especially after the big long speech I made in my previous posting about how important workouts are to my plan.

Kath

Last edited by KathS; 01-23-2002 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-23-2002, 02:09 PM   #14  

Hi ladies,
I am sick with a cold again and feel like do-do. I was sick for 3 weeks between Thanksgiving and through Christmas, so I am fed up of this, it always throws my eating off. Yesterday, well, lets just say it was my daughters Birthday, and my other daughter took us out to lunch. Enough said?? Its almost noon now and I still havent eaten, and I feel absolutely full. I'm going to wait until I have some real honest to goodness hunger pangs going on before I even think of eating.. at least thats the plan! I really want to ask that you all keep me in your thoughs today, because I have this 'pattern' of falling off the wagon after about a week or two, and I SO VERY MUCH would like to break that cycle. I saw some pictures of myself taken this past weekend, and I can't believe how huge I am. What a shock! My daughter is doing so well, and she is plunging on ahead of me. And I find it hard to ride or walk while Im having trouble breathing.. so, I am not going to force myself while Im sick. I just want to control my eating for the next 5 days, taking baby steps. One day at a time is good advice. I really enjoy reading all the posts, its just so encouraging to have someone ask how Im doing! Thanks everyone.. sorry I griped the whole way through this thing. Hopefully next time will be some better news.. Have a great day, and by the way, what is Friendlies? Sounds sinful!
curley/Christine
Old 01-24-2002, 04:51 AM   #15  
Work in Progress

Good Morning all,
It is Thurs. We are having a staffing day at work w/ catered food. I fear these days the most as I am a routine person and don't handle the change well w/ my eating. I did hear that one luch item is chicken ceasar salad. So If I stay on plan I should be OK. My water will be an extra challenge today. Worked out for only 30 mins yetserday .

Curley. Being sick is one of my triggers. I hope you feel better soon. You will break your pattern!! This illness is only a bump in the road. Congrats to your daughter

Kath S- That is how I started this thing last JAN. I kept changing One thing at a time gradually building new habits. The only suggestion I have is the water thing. I've read in 2 different sourses that when your dehydrated your body's metabolism slows. I am to drink 1/2 my body weight in ounces. I can't wait till I weigh 170 then I will only need to drink A few glasses LOL

Sue, I hope DH will be OK, He isn't a whiny manwhen he is sick?
I am still not sure about joining the gym. I know I work out harder at a gym, but the thought of taking my work stuff there, then going to work( I have done it before) Is a pain. SO far I am getiing 4-5 workouts at home in a week. My neck is better but I had such a time recouperating I am worried about swimming and screwing in up again. I was swimming on sat am. Well is that darn sacle doesn't move soon I will have to mix it up.
Well gotta go

How is everyone else doing?
Closed Thread