3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I think I figured out why I have been Binging (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/126800-i-think-i-figured-out-why-i-have-been-binging.html)

MugCanDoIt 11-09-2007 12:53 PM

I think I figured out why I have been Binging

WARNING, RANT AHEAD................

Well...........I have always been a big binger, but this past week anyway I think I figured out the reason I have been eating so badly.

There is a lot of stress at work right now, particularly caused by a co-worker whom I am starting to believe is mentally challenged. I would seriously like to watch this person fall off a cliff and enjoy the "splatt" sound it would make once they hit the ground.:devil::devil:

But I will not let the workplace get the best of me and cause emotional eating anymore!! I am better than that and am worth it.

Now...........I feel some better.

nicolen 11-09-2007 12:57 PM

:bravo: Mug.

Identifying the reasons behind the binge is a huge step. Speaking from my experience, stress eating is a killer! Have you figured out what steps you can take to break the cycle?

For me it's getting up and doing something else - going for a walk, having a bath or shower, something like that...

Trazey34 11-09-2007 01:39 PM

that's awesome Mug - being "self-aware" is priceless!

besides, you don't want that dick to WIN by getting YOU fat!!!

hellokitty81668 11-09-2007 01:46 PM

Congrats on realizing this!!!!
You are doing so great Mug!!!!!
cheryl

rockinrobin 11-09-2007 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MugCanDoIt (Post 1924345)
WARNING, RANT AHEAD................

Well...........I have always been a big binger, but this past week anyway I think I figured out the reason I have been eating so badly.

Mug, there's ALWAYS going to be stress, whether it's on the homefront with the family, money, health issues, job related and on and on. So I guess we could say that there's always a "reason" or an excuse to binge. But how about next time, you think about all the reasons NOT TO BINGE? Aren't those reasons much more valid and worthwhile? Just putting it out there. :hug:

LaurieDawn 11-09-2007 02:00 PM

Mug, I think you've found a trigger! So important! But the trigger isn't the key thing - it's figuring out how to handle the triggers that will lead to long-term success. I'm still struggling with it myself. But - sometimes, I handle the triggers in a very healthy way. Other times, I give in to the trigger and make mistakes, but subsequently choose to get back on plan and plan for better ways to respond to the trigger the next time. I know that you have disarmed many triggers - and are thus THIRTY-TWO POUNDS lighter. Now that you've identified this trigger, you will figure out how to disarm it and not allow it to cause you another binge.

Lovely 11-09-2007 04:40 PM

:hug:
As a much wiser cartoon show once said "Knowing is half the battle." Knowing your triggers is where it starts. Avoiding the usual patterns is the next step. You can do it :)

dek6 11-09-2007 08:19 PM

YOU GO!!!!!! It is easier to control emotional eating when you know what the culprit is.... YAY

ToBeWed 11-20-2007 05:37 PM

Aren't we glad our co-worker situation is taken care of?!?!?! We can celebrate to that!!! Hopefully work will be much less stressful!!! :)