Old 10-16-2007, 11:48 AM   #16  

Height: 5'6"

OK..there are some great ideas here. I have a question though. I don't like yogurt (texture thing), but know it is good for you. I am thinking that I would like it in a smoothie. What type of yogurt (and amount) do you all use? The frozen banana idea is great! I have some frozen strawberries in the freezer that would make a nice treat.
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:01 PM   #17  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I use nonfat, plain yogurt, and apple juice for a bit of sweetness (unreconstituted apple juice concentrate for more sweetness). If I don' thave the plain yogurt, I use whatever flavor I have on hand -- usually vanilla for me, or strawberry for my daughter.

I put the fruit and a bit of juice in my blender, and about half a cup of yogurt to start. Then I add more juice or yogurt as needed until it's the right texture. I tend to like my smoothies made with yogurt and fairly thick. My daughter likes hers without yogurt (just fruit and juice) and fairly thin.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:16 AM   #18  

Height: 5' 7'

Thanks! Gotta run to work, I'll read at work but won't be able to post.
I am fine but busy!!
HocusPocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:45 AM   #19  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Unhappy Missing peaches

You guys remind me that I miss peaches with my granola in the morning.

But, on Monday, the local farmers market had Everbearing Strawberries picked that morning. I wasn't sure - they had more white than I d usually buy. But, they called my name and I bought two quarts anyway, .

They were incredibly good, maybe the sweetest of the season. DW served some with cream for dessert (the brand of cream in our refrigerator is "Shaw's 2% Milk"). Felt like a king.

Presume this is short lived. Despite its name, everbearing isn't.

XXXXXXX 7 X|||||| 14 ||||||| 21 ||||||| 28 ||||||| 35 ||||||| 42
Completed Beck Program-day 8. 34 to go. Keep going!
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:05 AM   #20  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Height: 5'7

I always keep frozen blueberries, strawberries and rasperberries in my freezer. they are yummy in yogurt, cereal, in smoothies, sometimes I take strawberries and blueberries together and put splenda on it and eat it like that. I think its really good.
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 04:38 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I miss them, too. We froze a bunch of wild blueberries and u-pick strawberries this summer, but they're already almost gone. We'll have to double our efforts next summer.

Frozen berries are great in cereal, cottage cheese (I love that way better than yogurt), smoothies, etc. There are actually some not-bad apples out there, too, but yeah...you can only do so much with an apple. LOL Can nuke em though, and have a baked apple for a snack.

Last edited by ChrissyBean; 10-17-2007 at 04:38 PM.
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:43 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

Yep. I really miss my summer fruits too!

I agree with one of the posters above.. Gala Apples rock. Try em.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:12 PM   #23  

Height: 5' 7'

Great suggestions.

I used to have blueberries on my desk at work and I would eat them all day long. Now, I search for other stuff if I don't plan ahead. A co-workers 100 calorie pack of nothing good for me etc. SO, I will have to plan ahead and make sure I have something that will last all day.

I get bored at work! I listen to books on CD, it helps me concentrate on my work because people talk around me etc!
HocusPocus is offline   Reply With Quote