Nice Comments

• I was going to post this in the NSV section, but wanted to see if anyone else gets this sort of comment.

This past week I have had 5 different people (none know the others) comment to me on how much younger I now look. A couple of them were very specific in saying that most people that loose a lot of weight like me do not look nice - they are "saggy" and I am not. (well, yeah - they haven't seen me nekkid either!) 3 of them commented on my face - how clear and "glowing" it is, how healthy I look now. (one even said I look like I am 25 - which REALLY made me smile - I'm 47!)

It was just odd that I got so many similar comments - so close together. I still have 30+ pounds to loose, I hope I don't loose this "look" by the time I get where I want to be!
  • I know you feel good!!!! Nice comments are the greatest thing for a good self esteem!!
    cheryl
  • Wow, those complements have to be some of the best ones to get! And, I'm just amazed that you only have 30 more pounds to go.....that is incredible! Congratulations.
  • Nice comments not only make us feel good, they give us confirmation from an outside source that we really are making a difference in our body's. It is always nice to know our hard work is paying off. 25, darn you better watch out. You get the rest off that you want to take off, people are going to wonder why you aren't in school lol.
  • Thank you ladies, I went back and read that post, and I hope I am not coming across as full of myself. (didn't mean for it to sound that way)

It is sometimes hard for me to believe how close I am getting to my goal now too - I picked 150 (not sure why) I will re-evaluate once I am there - I honestly cannot remember the last time I weighed 187 let alone getting to 150!

I just love this place, and know it has been a big part of me being able to do this. The support of everyone here is amazing.
  • Oh yes! This has definitely been "fuel for my fire" too! It is somewhat embarrasing for me, however, when people make comments so I find myself saying something like "Oh, I'm trying but still have a long way to go." Or, "I'm trying but I have so much left to lose." I just cannot seem to take the compliments very well, even though it is nice to know that my work is paying off.

I think you deserve all the compliments for sure!! You are doing great! Keep it up!!!
  • Quote: and I hope I am not coming across as full of myself.
    No! Absolutely not.....I'd like to think that this is one place where you can be proud of your accomplishments. I love to hear these things....I need to hear this things! They keep my dream alive! Plus, I'm just so darn proud of you!
  • I assume you are asking if your skin will get saggy once you hit goal.

A friend of mine has lost 140 lbs. in a year and a 1/2. She used Jergens Firming lotion and a good quality facial firming lotion. That combined with losing the weight kind of slowly (1-2 lbs a week), she has very firm taught skin. She also exercised (weights and cardio), which I think helps with that saggy thing.
  • I am pretty sure I am gonna sag. I just hope all the sagging is able to hide under my clothes! Can't blame my poor body, most of my adult life has been close to 300 pounds!

I am concerned about the face, and so far so good. I do now use facial moisturizers daily (which I never did before loosing weight) I still do not wear any make up (probably never will seeing how I am 47 and never got into that) I am just hoping the next 30 or so pounds don't affect the "healthy" look I have now!

(and thank so much Rhonda & Ritzy! You are always so positive for me here!)
  • Congrats on the loss! At the rate you're going, they're gonna start carding you!!!!! You are such an inspiration!
  • Thats fantastic. Comments like that always make me feel wonderful.
  • What great compliments, so long as they didn't couple them with the dreaded "I sure hope you're not going to try to lose too much."

Enjoy the compliments, you've earned every one of them.
  • Quote: "I sure hope you're not going to try to lose too much."
    Oh yes, I have gotten that one too! It amazes me that people would tell someone that has had a weight problem that they could "lose too much." Does it usually come from people who have a weight problem also and don't want you to show them up?