What takes 4 hrs and 15 mins to do at 3.08mph?

• A 1/2 marathon walk for a 248lb male! Yesterday I completed 13.1 miles in 4:15 hrs. Burned between 1400-1600 calories (depending on what calculator, pedometer, heart rate monitor you use).

I have been walking (well they are running, training for a marathon) with a group of people on Sundays (just changed to Saturday). Last week I went from walking 9 miles to 12 miles. My new shoes gave me some bad blisters, and I couldn't continue. I also experienced some lower back pain. When I thought about quitting at the 10 mile marker, I thought about the TV show Fat March, and kept on pushing

This week I kept on chugging along. I won't lie, my feet were sore at the end!

This completes yet another chapter in my new life!
  • Congrats!!!!!!! That's a very productive way to spend 4h 15min!
  • That is amazing! Congrats on that fantastic accomplishment! Now, go rest your feet.
  • Way to go!!!
  • Quote: That is amazing! Congrats on that fantastic accomplishment! Now, go rest your feet.
    Oh please trust me...I don't need anyone's advice in this!!! Last week I treated myself to a whirlpool at the Y...I then bought a nice ConAir foot bath massager thingy. Ahh, feels so nice! Unfortunately both of these are quick fix solutions, an hr or 2 later my feet were throbbing again!
  • Quote: Congrats!!!!!!! That's a very productive way to spend 4h 15min!
    Well, what can I say? Since the 70's/80's the Saturday morning cartoons prettty much suck. There was nothing on at the time. Thankfully the rechargeable battery lasted in my mp3 watch!
  • So did you ever imagine in all your life that you would be doing 1/2 marathons? Ain't this weight loss thing grand?!?!?!?!? The sky's the limit.

Congratulations Fresno, you're AWESOME!
  • That's awesome! Your whole story is just really really cool.
  • Quote: So did you ever imagine in all your life that you would be doing 1/2 marathons? Ain't this weight loss thing grand?!?!?!?!? The sky's the limit.

Congratulations Fresno, you're AWESOME!
    This is the last thing the reporter asked me...What do I see myself doing in a year from now? I said I didn't know. A year ago I would have never fathomed losing this much weight in a short time. The more I lose, the more I want to do, the more I get done. I set out goals and get them done. I said I had no idea what I would be doing a year from now, maybe do a marathon? The sky is definitely the limit. In the last episode of Fat March, the marchers had 10 hrs to walk a marathon. If they can do it, why can't I (then again no one is offering me 10's of thousands of dollars to do it - that would pay for the full body lift!)

Speaking of grand, if I hadn't treated myself to a pint of Haagen-Dazs reduced fat creamy Coffee ice cream, the calories burned would have exceeded the calories consumed. Unfortunately I had no oomph to walk another 6 miles to burn that off!
  • Wtg!!!!
  • Fresno, I really don't think that that little stroll of yours, hehe, was about burning calories. It was more about setting a "fitness" goal/milestone. And you most certainly accomplished that!!!!
  • Good job!
  • My hero! Congratulations...you must be on cloud 9!
  • Well done Fresno! You are an inspiration!!!