Old 10-05-2007, 01:40 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Ahh, the quadruple Oreo. My old friend. A bag of Oreos is a single serving, isn't it? Welcome Hepzibuh, I think we have a lot in common.

Grease, salt and chocolate. Not necessarily in that order.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:54 PM   #17  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Green olives lol. I don't eat them out of the jar anymore I put what I want to have in a bowl. I sat watching a movie one time and ate half a jar of green olives.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:55 PM   #18  
I CAN DO THIS!!

S/C/G: 360.6/335.4/140

Height: 5'7½"

Pizza (just about any variety). I love pizza! I hear so many people talk about having one slice and a salad... are you kidding me!?! That would never do - I just can't have any!

And nutter butter cookies, they are not allowed in the house! I pick them up every time I am at the grocery store, carry them around, and then put them back... ugh!
gina1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:41 PM   #19  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

There are tons and tons of things I can no longer keep in my home. The usual suspects - cookies, ice cream, cakes and plenty of "real" food items as well, like pasta, rice and fried anything. And of course most cereals. That's a big one for me.

Certain times those item CAN be in my home (although they're not) and I wouldn't care at all. It wouldn't phase me, and other times - it would be torture and would not end up well.

There are certain times when I can binge on even my healthy "on plan" food. Without a doubt. I've got to do everything in my power to fight it tooth and nail. The binge monster may be buried most of the time, but he does make an appearance every now and then. I absolutely HATE those times. Hate em', hate em', HATE EM'.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:47 PM   #20  
Rennie

There is one thing I never thought about until I read Robins post. I no longer have fried foods. I can take it or leave it don't really miss it BUT I eat fried foods, come on who doesn't love mozzarella sticks, chicken fingers and onion rings lol then I just crave it. I don't crave it now so I will just do without it.

I found I can spray a pan with spray oil put breaded chicken breasts on the pan and spray the chicken with the oil and I am just fine. Kind of the same as the fried foods just not so bad for me.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 10-05-2007 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:06 PM   #21  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I probably should have said that there are things that not only can't I keep in the house, but that I WON'T keep in my house. Meaning they will never, ever be on my menu again. That would be fried foods. The thought of cooking food in tons of oil is simply repulsive to me. I love chicken without having to fry it now and would never dream of ruining a perfectly good chicken breast by drowning it in oil.

As far as the cookies, cakes and ice cream - that I WILL eat again. In extreme moderation of course. Cookies and cake I CAN have in my house and it's most often safe, but 99% of the time, I don't. Ice cream, that can not be in my house. EVER. At least until my 85th birthday or so, cause then all bets are off . The whole family has been put on notice - if they want ice cream - it's got to be eaten outside of our home. Or they need to bring home single serving sizes and eat it IMMEDIATELY.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 10-05-2007 at 03:15 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:11 PM   #22  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I think mine is more situational - if i'm around people shoving food in i tend to do it too (used to i mean ), chocolate i always thought was a big one but i've had 30 kit kat bars in my house for weeks and haven't been tempted (i have them for halloween).

Definitely ice cream -- i tried frozen yogurt and liked it just as well, so i ate wayyyyyy too much of it LOL don't buy it now

I used to lovvvve McDonald's even tho it's garbage -- loved the double cheeseburger, med fries and diet coke...then over to DQ for a medium blizzard with Reese's peanut butter cups! I can't imagine how THAT made me fat??? i only did it on Saturdays and Sundays LOL gadzooooks what was i thinking????
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:16 PM   #23  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Last week, I ran through the drive-thru for the girls (I didn't have anything, promise!) I took a sip of little one's shake....yuk! It tasted powdery and artificial. I used to drink those things all the time. Now, if I want to splurge on a milk shake, it has to be the real thing.....real ice cream, real milk. None of this fake stuff for me! I deserve only the best. The same thing for cheeseburgers. I'd rather have one off of Hubby's grill than one from (insert fast food restaurant here.)

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 10-05-2007 at 03:17 PM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:36 PM   #24  
Rennie

girlygirl
I am the same way. I don't eat and never did eat fast food. Ok maybe once a year. Just nasty stuff. I get a milk shake it is the real stuff and better for you that that junk they sell at most fast food places. Yummm milk shake sounds good this weekend. Think that might just be our treat at the camp grounds.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:38 PM   #25  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Last week, I ran through the drive-thru for the girls (I didn't have anything, promise!) I took a sip of little one's shake....yuk! It tasted powdery and artificial. I used to drink those things all the time. Now, if I want to splurge on a milk shake, it has to be the real thing.....real ice cream, real milk. None of this fake stuff for me! I deserve only the best. The same thing for cheeseburgers. I'd rather have one off of Hubby's grill than one from (insert fast food restaurant here.)
Oh maaaan...when my husband grills burgers... no fast food comes close! Yum!
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:44 PM   #26  
Red Team Member

I thought of another BIG one for me...popcorn. Like, from the movie theater. I think that if given the chance, I could eat it 24 hours non-stop.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:55 PM   #27  
Rennie

Cassie
I found I really like the 98% fat free stuff. Never really cared for pop corn much ( except at the movies of course and that stuff is so bad for you ) but now when I want a little treat a mini bag of that 98% stuff is pretty good. Have it maybe once a week.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:56 PM   #28  
Red Team Member

I'll have to get some of that....and yeah, the movie theater popcorn is HORRIBLE, but man...it's good. Ha!
Old 10-05-2007, 04:17 PM   #29  
Rennie

I thought about what the heading is for this thread and where it says Warning off plan food talk. I don't have a set plan so there isn't anything that I can't have if I want it lol
Old 10-05-2007, 04:26 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Anything sweet, crunchy, carby, crispy, baked. Nuts, trailmix, dried fruit, ice cream, cold cereal. I don't bring any kind of ice cream, packaged cookies, crackers, pretzels into the house - I can't stop eating it. Single serve in public can be okay - mine a mini cup of dark chocolate gelato at Whole Foods or splitting chocolate molten lava cake in a restaurant. I just can't handle full packages at home!

Last edited by Glory87; 10-05-2007 at 04:27 PM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote