I saw a 2!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Today is Weigh-in Wednesday. My self designated day to step on the scale and officially record the number shown. Chosen for the awesomely alluring alliteration effect.

I was in a rush this morning because I hit the snooze button on my alarm, and for the first time in...well, ever...I fell back asleep. Putting me 10 minutes behind schedule. I am not a girly-girl in the morning...I don't spend 45 minutes getting pretty for work. I work with kids. I get food in my hair, snot on my clothes, and dirt on my feet (and this is all on a clean day). Worrying about my appearance is the last thing on my list. I give myself 20 minutes. Losing 10 of those puts me in chicken-with-its-head-cut-off mode. So long story short (although I already gave the long story ), I didn't weigh-in this morning. I had to do it this afternoon when I got home.

And the number that presented itself on the lovely digital readout was....

[insert drum roll here]

Which means I can officially say I no longer weigh three hundred something.

No, I weigh TWO hundred something.

And yes, that one pound really makes THAT big of a difference. I don't care how silly that is, how minute of a detail. There was a 2 starting my weight this morning. And given all I am going through right now, it's a pretty darn big deal.

I think the last time my weight began with a 2 was in 2000 or 2001.

Small victories in a life of utter chaos must be celebrated.
  • Congrats. Have fun celebrating and keep up the good work!
  • That's awesome..Congrats! Feels wonderful desn't it?
  • It always feels great to hit another milestone. Keep it up. I know you will.
    Can't wait to see the ticker hit the 280's.
  • wow that's great to hear! It sure is great to hit those milestones!
    Judy

• Keep up the good work!!! You are doing a great job!!
    cheryl
  • That's wonderful, keep up the good work!
  • That's so awesome...CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Be proud of that 2hundred something...you are doing so great!
  • Congrats!
  • Woo hoo! Woo hoo!

HECK YES!
  • Congratulations!!!!

Keep it up!
  • I am so very happy for you..and I want to let you know that I am SO SO proud of you for sicking with it, even with all of the stuff you have on your plate right now. You're a strong, wonderful woman.
  • Woohoo Toni, congratulations!!

Keep up the good work!
  • Woot that is a HUGE deal!! congrats you must be on cloud 9
  • CONGRATS, CONGRATS, CONGRATS!!!!

I remember when I was at that point. I was thanking the Lord that I didnt see a 3.