Old 10-29-2007, 01:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 294/270/170

Height: 5'6"

Default Trader Joe's: The Aftermath

Well, I'm back from my weekend away, and want to thank you again for the great advice on what to look for at Trader Joe's! What a cool store - the only downside is that, before, I was living in blissful ignorance. Now, I know what I'm missing, and it SUCKS!!

I could have spent ages in there, checking everything out. As it was, my family was pretty patient and I got to spend a decent amount of time in the store. I picked up Fibre O's, pumpkin butter, Better N Peanut Butter, curry naan, roasted red pepper soup, dried triple berry mix, chili lime almonds, Fage, and a few other bits and pieces that I can't remember off the top of my head!

I didn't go for the brown rice, as I splurged and bought a Zojirushi Fuzzy Logic rice cooker - it's supposed to be amazing for brown rice, and can also make a mean oatmeal! I spent some time researching rice cookers before deciding on this model, and I can't wait to try it out.

The only trouble is AF arrived this morning, and I have absolutely ZERO appetite. All these yummy things, and no desire to eat. Phhppptt. Oh well, at least I'm all stocked up for when the hunger hits!

You guys that have a Trader Joe's in your area are very lucky indeed.
Lally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:40 PM   #2  
kitty Momo

Awesome!! I love TJ's!! Where do you live that you don't have a local store??
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:41 PM   #3  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

Lucky!

We have NO TJ's even in the state, as far as I know. And if we do, I'm sure it would literally take me hours to get there.
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:00 PM   #4  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

pfffft! i'm in Canada eh? we have nothing fun here! LOL I want a Lane Bryant!!!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 159/TICKER/110

Height: 5'1

I LOVE TJ's, I go about once a month, its right down the street from me. You gotta be carful in there though, it's real easy to go over the grocery budget.
ShyShy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:14 PM   #6  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

We don't have Trader Joe's here in Georgia. But, I just found out that we have a 'Whole Foods Market' about 40 minutes away. I've never been to one, but I plan on checking it out soon. According to their website, they have stores throughout North America and the United Kingdom. Anyone ever tried this one?
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 294/270/170

I'm in Canada, so no Trader Joe's. We used to have a Coconut Joe's, but they only sold sweatshirts with an adventurer and a parrot on the front. Not a Fibre O in sight!

I *used* to want a Lane Bryant, until I got a look at some of their new stuff. No offense to anyone who loves it, honestly, but...it was like a 70's technicolor rainbow threw up over everything in there. The Bedazzler had found a new stomping ground, too. While I like to think I have a sparkling personality, I'm not so keen on actually sparkling.
Lally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:22 PM   #8  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

Oh dear, I adore Whole Foods Market! Thank God it's quite a long drive for me, otherwise I'd surely be in trouble.

They offer lots of gluten-free breads, and lots of whole wheat varieties. They also have amazing produce, with everything from locally grown to exotics that I've only ever heard of on Food Network.

Their prepared foods department is deadly. Sushi, soups, salads, dips, side dishes, everything.

I'm like a kid in a candy store.
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:27 PM   #9  
but you can call me Sarah

S/C/G: 165/185/135

Height: 5'2

there is a trader joe's in georgia...around macon i think. i only know this because that is the closet store to me and i'm in daytona beach! there is one in virginia beach that i went to while i was visiting my in-laws...and you're right - i almost wish i hadn't ever gone.
wifey bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:31 PM   #10  
Made of Starstuff

I'm glad you had fun on your shopping trip, Lally ^^
I've got several Trader Joe's around. It's really great.

Lane Bryant is the only store I can shop in that has clothes that fit that I can wear to work. (They do have business clothes.) But, yeah, one has to be careful about one buys there, because you can end up looking like a rainbow disco ball. Sparkle jeans, bedazzled tops. Not all my style.

HOWEVER, their underwear/lingerie section is great. And now that my Lane Bryant has gone Platinum (means two sections of the store, one regular clothing, one entirely undies ^^) I can spend more time than ever just looking at cute under things

Last edited by Lovely; 10-29-2007 at 02:32 PM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:40 PM   #11  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

I love Trader Joe's, I went there yesterday. I was actually disappointed in the fact that they add sugar to their pumpkin butter because I love pumpkin. They also don't sell electronics in ours but zojirushi is an awesome brand
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:45 PM   #12  
Reformed Quitter

S/C/G: 302/267/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
pfffft! i'm in Canada eh? we have nothing fun here! LOL I want a Lane Bryant!!!
Check out e-Bay for great Lane Bryant clothing buys!!! Don't forget you can order on-line from their womenwithin site. I know it's not the same... But at least it's something!

Best,

Janet
CABunnyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:48 PM   #13