Old 10-02-2007, 06:26 PM   #16  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone!

CC--Ummm, YES!!! That could certainly do it! Glad to see you are back! Good for you for not 'falling off the wagon'! HOpe your busy day went well. Did you do anything different w/ your hair?

Cheryl--Hope Sears was able to take care of the elliptical.

Rhonda--That's great that yo uwere 100% on plan and exercised! I am watching Biggest Loser too!

Diane--Awesome that you had a good day yesterday and for not giving in to the cravings!

Nicole--SO glad you are feeling better! Accountability...that's what we are here for!

Laurie--All I can say is WOW! I am impressed that you were able to walk, instead of giving in to hot wings! Great job!!!!

I was really busy at work today--but the good kind of busy--I accomplised a lot!

Food was ok--could have been better, water was great, I went to the gym--arms/shoulders and cardio. Now it's just dinner (yep--I had a small apple when I got home--much better than munching on other things while I am making dinner!)

Thanks for all of the + encouragement! It is VERY much appreciated!

I have to say I am pretty proud of myself....today at the gym I was the only female in the free weight room. On top of that, the guys who were there were in fantastic shape and I just did my thing--I admit at one point I was a little self conscious, but I didn't let that get in the way!

K, gotta run and finish dinner. Have a great night!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:10 PM   #17  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

MJ, not a huge change for me this time, just a shade lighter with the color, but still dark brown (my natural coloring is very Snow White-esque with very fair skin and dark hair, though the gray has really caught up with me. I choose to banish all traces of it!). It's straight and stops just above my shoulders. I grew out my bangs last year. Not a whole lot of changes that can be made to already short hair!

Last edited by CLCSC145; 10-02-2007 at 07:10 PM.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:04 AM   #18  

Height: 5'5"

Quick accountability here -

Food - Almost 1300 calories. I feel so ambiguous about it. I have been trying to increase my calories to the point where people have advised me to be, but it feels like I ate way too much today. And I know the scale will show that I have gained when I step on it tomorrow, even though I drank tons (160 ounces!) of water because I was feeling a bit dehydrated.

Exercise - I am avoiding the Stairstepper, which makes me feel guilty, but I attacked the elliptical. 55 hard-charging minutes. My walk was less than satisfying. I felt like I should run, but I just didn't want to. 40 minute walk.

So, I fully anticipate a gain for tomorrow. But I'm starting to resent that I will gain if I eat 1300 calories and keep my exercise at a reasonable level. I am considering mixing things up and accepting that I will maintain or even gain a little bit until I come up with a strategy that seems more in line with what I see others doing.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:18 AM   #19  
Never want to go back!

Hey Laurie, Remember when you get on the scale tomorrow that if you were indeed a bit dehydrated, the additional water may be what you see, not the effect of the calories. 16 ounces of water weighs just over 1 pound...
Old 10-03-2007, 05:25 AM   #20  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning all,
MJ5-- Good for you being in the gym and being the only female, I know how intimidating that feels.
Rhonda- Congrats for staying on plan, you are doing great!!
Laurie-- Wow 55 minutes on the elliptical!! You are my hero
Rakel-- Where are you???
CLC- Congrats for being on track !!
Nicole-- Glad your getting back on track
Slash--I hope you are better soon!
Ok as you can see I am up early, cats decided they were hungry at 4:44 this morning,and woke me up, so I fed them, and weighed myself( after putting a new battery in), I am down 3 lbs, on my way to 200 by the end of the year.
I am tired, so I am going to work in a nap today, This is 2 days in row that I am up before 5 sheesh. My elliptical needs a new control panel( where the fan and buttons are), so that is being sent to me, and in the meanwhile, I am using the old one. Today I am going to do the elliptical for 40 minutes, my general exercises, and lift some weights.
Breakfast-- either Kashi go lean crunch or oatmeal
Lunch- black bean burgers( no bread),
dinner- flounder fillet( baked for 90 calories) 2 corn tortillas, and I don't know what else right now.
snacks- mango, fiber one bar, ff yogurt, with fruit.
I am on plan today, there is no other way!!
Have a good day!!! Cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:48 AM   #21  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Everyone!

I'm on a roll. Yesterday was day 2 of being 100% on-plan and working out. I feel great....my thinking is crystal clear and I have so much energy and I just feel optimistic about obtaining my goals one day. Why don't I do this all of the time? Please remind me of this when I tell you that I'm struggling again.

I have a busy day ahead of me with work and church. But, I will make sure to include my 60 minutes of exercise.

Diane - I love seeing your re-newed committment! You go, Girl!
Nicole - so glad you're feeling better. How was your day yesterday?
LaurieDawn - you posted so early today! Did you get caught up on your sleep?
CC - How was shopping? Did you buy some yummy veggies?
MJ - I'm so proud of you! You didnt let the company of a bunch of macho men intimidate you!
Cheryl -Congratulations on your loss this week!
Rakel - the last time we heard from you, you were coming down with whatever illness your hubby had. How are you feeling?

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 12:51 PM   #22  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Morning everyone,

Feeling good, but tired today. We had quite a rough day and night yesterday with the weather - including snow flurries in the city. That's very rare for my city at this time of the year - I've seen snow in the mountains this late, but never at sea level before. This morning things are much improved except it's really cold. I can live with that.

It's my niece's birthday at the weekend - she turns 4 - so I bought her present last night. I'm going to be very popular - it's a set of maracas and a tambourine - but what's the point in being an aunt if you can't buy the revolting presents that the parents loathe.

I'm going out for dinner tonight with some friends - could be dangerous because the place we're going to serves large portions. They do have a couple of salads on their menu which don't look too bad. I'm looking forward to it, so that's a good sign.

CC, are you my taller identical twin? You've just described me - dark brown hair and pale skin. If you tell me you've got green eyes and wear glasses I'm really going to start wondering here!

MJ, you're doing so well! Fantastic stuff!

Laurie, good on you for getting the calories up. And with all that exercise any kind of gain can only be water weight.

Cheryl, fantastic! You're doing so well.

Rhonda, you're awesome! I have no doubt that you'll be able to get the exercise in.

Have fun everyone!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:02 PM   #23  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Not a great food night last night, but back on track this morning. (Love my tacos!!!) I've missed a couple of days of exercising, so that's not so good either. It's been a little stressful the last couple of days here at work. That's not a good excuse, but I haven't been able to leave for lunch, so that's my walking time. I have this week and next week before I go on vacation. I can't wait to get out of here for a few days. We go elk hunting for 6 days and I just love being up there in the mountains with no phone, tv, computer, etc. We walk most of the day, so I usually end up losing a few pounds over vacation, so that's a good thing, too! And, it is just DH and me, so we get a little conversation in at night. I always tell him that this is the only time that we really talk!!

Gotta go. It's a mess here at work.....
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:04 PM   #24  
Never want to go back!

Fear not, Nicole! At best we're cousins. I've got brown eyes (I'd love any other color, brown is so blah sometimes). I do wear glasses, but only to drive at night and to go to the movies. My family is totally tan year round, but somehow I got the vampiric skin tone. I can tan, but I don't have the patience, nor do I want the skin cancer the rest of them have had! Plus I also avoid swimsuits like Dracula avoids garlic.

I finally had an on plan food day. Thank heavens. It feels like it's been forever, though I know in actuality it hasn't. I bought great stuff at the market, Rhonda! And I feel ready to go again.

This may be TMI, but I was also wondering if TOM could be partly to blame for my craziness? I have PCOS and haven't had 2 monthlies in back to back months I think ever. But surprise, today makes month two. I've never counted days or kept track in my life because there's never been a point. This time, I did just in case the weight loss was making the PCOS better. I was shocked. I've never had any PMS symptoms (seeing as you kind of have to have the "M" to have the "P" and the "S"), so I'm kind of clueless. Geez, it makes me feel so unlike a girl in that department. I'll watch again next month and try not to make the same food mistakes again if that was a contributing factor. Just in case it was the meds, I'm going back to the brand name stuff too.

It's a beautiful day here, so I'm going to try to get outside and enjoy it. I hope everyone is having a great day! Take care!!
Old 10-03-2007, 04:23 PM   #25  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Awww, you guys are sweet Sorry for my absence. I was sick, but that wasn't what deterred me from posting. Actually our internet went out Monday evening I think (Or was it Sunday? I'm all mixed up now!). In some ways it was completely miserable. I didn't mind relaxing, but I felt a little hopeless because I couldn't work on any of my projects and thus bring some money in. We're counting on this sizable check from John's brother to make it. We went last night to pick it up but he didn't have it, so I guess we're going to try and get it now. Hopefully we can get it deposited today, and then probably head over to church. I am a bit backed up from work now though... fun.

ANYWAY, onto progress before I head out of here:

I stayed on plan, and even managed to get on a day time schedule {cross fingers}. The last time I did this I ended up not eating for a day, but I'm trying to eat a little extra so that doesn't happen this time. Basically, I just stay up later and later each day so that my schedule is turned around. It usually takes 3 days. One of the days I end up staying up until 3pm the following day, go to sleep, and wake up around 11pm and stay up the whole day (I took a little nap so hopefully I'll be good until 10 or 11 tonight, though I am still pretty tired). That's where I "lose" a day ... just in case that didn't make sense to anyone.

This "morning" I got up, stepped on the scale it was going between 285 and 284.5, then I took a shower, dried off, and stepped on the scale again (just for grins, no real reason why) and it was 284 - 283.5 ... WEIRD!! I'm going to put 284 on my ticker. I'm pleased as punch with my progress... I've been drinking lots and LOTS of water, though I haven't exercised simple coz I felt weak and was peeing about every 10 to 15 minutes because of the water :P

OK, gotta run, just wanted to give you guys an update!!
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 05:49 PM   #26  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I'll catch up w/ you tomorrow...crazy busy at work today. I have a lot of 'stuff' to do at home too....can't wait for a few minutes to sit and relax!

Just wanted to pop in and say HI! Hope everyone is having a great on plan day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:51 AM   #27  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all,
Rakel, I am glad your back

CLC.. I am glad your day went well
Slash... I am glad your back on plan
Rhonda, Congrats for being on plan again
Nicol..Wow Snow.

I was on plan yesterday, I had some central American type of summer squash in the fridge, that was going to go bad, so I sliced 4 squash really thing, mixed with 1 tsp of olive oil, salt pepper and garlic powder and threw it in the oven for 30 minutes, until brown, it was great, I have a few more of this squash , might do it again today.
I am going to exercise today , no excuses or anything.
Bkfst ... Kashi with milk( skim) and a banana
Lunch ... either veggie burrito, black bean burger, or healthy choice clam chowder...
Dinner.. Baked sweet potato, and some more squash..
snacks...... fiber one bar, ff yogurt with frozen berries, pretzels
I will have a on plan day today!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:37 AM   #28  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Everyone!

Yesterday, I had another great on-plan day with 60 minutes of exercise. That makes 3 days in a row. Wonder if I can go for a whole week? Who is this strange woman?! The scales aren't dropping much this week and the tape measure isn't showing any difference, but my clothes are fitting better and I just feel tighter....if that makes any sense.

Nicole - when our kids were younger, Hubby and I used to compete with my brother and sister-in-law to see who could buy the noisiest toys for each other's kids. The toys usually ended up at Grandma's.
Diane - I'm not too sure about the elk hunting, but time away with Hubby sounds great!
CC - You "sound" so much better. I don't know much about PCOS, but I do know about PMS. I don't have it anymore (had the big surgery!) but I know that my diet and my exercise could make my PMS better or worse. For instance, I knew to avoid too much caffeine and sugar right before TOM or my migraines and depression would be terrible. Hope you find some answers.
Rakel - Welcome back! And, congratulations on your scale victory.
MJ- Hope you find some time to relax.
Cheryl - I love squash. I have some summer squash in the frig that will go bad soon. I think I'll try your recipe for lunch.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 10-04-2007 at 07:39 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:40 AM   #29  

Somebody mentioned on Amy's Cheese Burrito here yesterday. Are they good? I have a great source for easy recipes so I don't eat the frozen stuff often but there are times........

Breakfast - Bear Naked Granola and yogurt.... apple
Lunch - tortilla pizza with lots of veggies....plum
Dinner - Turkey spaghetti/salad
Snacks - rice cakes, pear, 2 hersheys kisses
katmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:06 AM   #30  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Rhonda-- you're doing FABULOUS!

Laurie-- how are you doing?

Stepped on the scale today and showed 284.5 - 284. I didn't tally up all of my calories yesterday, but if I were to eat the entire 3 days worth I probably would have gained weight, lol. I think once all is said and done, I ate about 1200 on Monday, 900 on Tuesday and 1700 on Wednesday.

I'm going to try and exercise today. I want to walk for 30 to 45 minutes and do the 20 minute YOU on a diet DVD workout on beginner, but if I can just do the 30 minute walk, I'll take it! Anything to get me back in the groove!
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote