3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   May I join In? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/123841-may-i-join.html)

Muffit 09-28-2007 03:34 PM

May I join In?

Hello all,
I am new around here. May I join in?

I am currently a house wife and I have close to 100 lbs to lose. I feel tired and depressed all the time because of my weight and just recenty I have developed back issues among other things. My husband has Spina Bifida and he is totally independent but I do need to help breakdown his wheelchair and that has done some damage. I am looking for support in my weight loss journery. I have tried many diets and weight loss pills but never found the one that worked for me...with that said, I am not on any program at the moment. I've cut out the soda, sweets and fried foods. I have started drinking more water and exercising. I am really want to focus on building strength in my upper body as well as the other parts.

Cassie501107 09-28-2007 03:58 PM

:wave:

Welcome, fellow Kansan.:D

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having back problems, I know how bad those can be...I had back surgery for scoliosis when I was younger, so I have pain on and off. Anyways, I'm glad you're here, this is a wonderful place.

Looking forward to chatting with you.:hug:

Muffit 09-28-2007 04:26 PM

Thanks for the welcome Cassie.
May I ask what program you are on? You lost 50lbs? So it must be the right one for you.

LaurieDawn 09-28-2007 04:50 PM

Hey Muffit! Love the avatar!

There are so many programs to choose from, and there's tons of information on 3FC about many programs and forums to support a lot of them. Lots of us here have sort of developed our own programs through trial and error, and it sounds like you're well on your way to doing the same thing.

If I may make one suggestion - logging foods has been so helpful for me, and statistically, those who log their food intake lose more weight and are more successful at keeping it off. So, I would suggest doing that, and I know that fitday.com and thedailyplate.com are pretty painless ways of doing it. This will also give you valuable information if you want to select a more formal plan or if you want to see a nutritionist, etc.

Glad to have you join us! I look forward to watching you succeed.

xJox 09-28-2007 04:57 PM

Welcome! Jump right in and join the fun. :)

You can do this. It just takes time and dedication. Good luck.

boaterswife 09-28-2007 05:08 PM

Welcome to the family! Jump right in and ask questions, and while you're at it, surf around the board and read about all the different plans...there is one here for you, I'm sure of it! Congratulations on taking those first difficult steps, from joining 3FC to cutting back on sweets, soda and fried stuff. You can do this!

Cassie501107 09-28-2007 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muffit (Post 1872827)
Thanks for the welcome Cassie.
May I ask what program you are on? You lost 50lbs? So it must be the right one for you.

I am just counting my calories and exercising 6 days a week. It's working great for me!:D

Sheila53 09-28-2007 05:44 PM

:welcome3: Be sure to find something that you can do for the rest of your life. Sounds like you're already taking those first steps on your weight loss journey. :bravo:

Marseille 09-28-2007 06:15 PM

Welcome! It seems like the majority of us here are calorie counters and exercisers. No discrimination though, you pick the program and we will all cheer you on.

Muffit 09-28-2007 06:25 PM

I just did some serious exercise for the first time in a few years and boy am I pooped! I have exercise on Demand through the cable company (a blessing). It was The Firm: Dance...My body feels like jelly at the moment!

Muffit 09-28-2007 06:27 PM

by the way..thanks for welcoming me and for all the words of encouragement!

Pita09 09-28-2007 06:50 PM

Welcome to the board, Muffit. :wave: This is a great board with lots of support and great advice, so jump in and have fun while you lose those pounds.

The avatar is from BattleStar Galactica right? I loved that show!! :D

hellokitty81668 09-28-2007 07:36 PM

Hi!! :wel3fc:
I am a SAHM too, and I think anyone who puts there mind and determination can loose the weight!! I look forward to reading your posts.
cheryl

GirlyGirlSebas 09-28-2007 08:17 PM

:welcome2: Muffitt! I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

FresnoBeeDude 09-28-2007 08:23 PM

I was just talking to my personal trainer the other day. I used to have severe back problems. If I stood at the sink for more then 10 minutes doing dishes, my back would tense up to the point I had to take a break. I can now thankfully say that this is no longer an issue for me. This is one of the many benefits of weight loss, and doing weight training