3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Well crap. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/123116-well-crap.html)

Jen415 09-18-2007 04:50 PM

Well crap.

I've got cellulitis (an infection) in my left leg, and I am out of commission for cardio for the rest of the week! Dang, and I was on a roll too :(

So what can I do to burn calories that won't require me to be on my bad leg? Guess I could do upper body stuff I reckon...

Any ideas?

Pita09 09-18-2007 05:02 PM

Put on some great music and do some chair dancing. Also if you have resistance bands or weights you certainly can keep up with the upper body workouts.

Jen415 09-18-2007 05:07 PM

Chair dancing! That's what I used to do in bars! LOL

phantastica 09-18-2007 05:07 PM

Swim?

rakel 09-18-2007 05:11 PM

You can do some weight lifting exercise with some 5 to 15lb weights. I have no idea what kind of calories you burn with that, but I know it's good for building muscle, obviously.

MissyFluffs 09-18-2007 05:11 PM

I have problems with my ankles and have trouble with on my feet exercises. So last week, I got one of those RED stomach exercise machines (you can get it on ebay for @ $70). I found one at BED Bath and BEyond for $99 and I had a 20% off coupon so only paid $70 for mine.

I tell ya, it is awesome! I watched the DVD to get an idea of the exercises you can do on it, and they're fun. It's really helped me to work up a big sweat, and work out longer despite not doing a lot of floor work. I still do some floor work with my routine, but less now that I've got my RED.

Another thing I do to help me workout with my bad ankles is pool aerobics. I just do my aerobic moves (a little TAe BO, a little jogging) in the water, and make an effort to try and keep my torso still while doing it. You really feel the burn in your abs doing water aerobics.

mandalinn82 09-18-2007 05:16 PM

Jen - just a little "I feel you" - I am on week 6 or so of no cardio. For a while I was swimming, but can't until I can get my knee wet again, but its a great no-impact way to go.

I have been concentrating on UB lifting and some serious ab exercises. I don't know how serious your cellulitis is, so there may be other things I am neglecting - I'm not allowed to BEND my knee for exercise. I know that exercise bikes are considered very low-impact in terms of putting WEIGHT on the leg, but they are murder with bending.

Mostly, you get a whole lot of commiseration. I'm DYIN without my cardio.

Feel better soon!

GirlyGirlSebas 09-18-2007 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen415 (Post 1859395)
Chair dancing! That's what I used to do in bars! LOL

What happened to the table? That was my surface of choice!:broc:

rockinrobin 09-18-2007 05:28 PM

Aw Jen, I'm sorry to hear of this. You've already gotten some good advice, so I'll just send wish you a speedy recovery. In the meantime, hang in there. This will be over with before you know it. :hug:

Cassie501107 09-18-2007 06:21 PM

Oh no! I hope you heal soon. I think resistance bands are a great idea.:hug:

tingirl 09-18-2007 07:53 PM

I just love your title - that sums up the kind of day I've had. I hope you heal soon.

LaurieDawn 09-18-2007 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas (Post 1859422)
What happened to the table? That was my surface of choice!:broc:

I must admit I was a little shocked at first, Rhonda, but upon reflection, I can totally see you shakin' it up on those tables!

Jen415 09-18-2007 11:06 PM

Thanks y'all....upper body stuff and possibly swimming--depends on my pain.

My cellulitis is affecting almost my entre calf, so I am on some strong antibiotics (can you say yeast infection?). Plus I got a shot in the *** of something really strong to get me started. This is the second time in a month I have had cellulitis in this leg. This crap's getting OLD!