3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   The First 5 Day OP Challenge of the New Year (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/12307-first-5-day-op-challenge-new-year.html)

1fralick 01-06-2002 07:07 PM

The First 5 Day OP Challenge of the New Year

Hi,
You all know I just love these things. I usually screw it up but I do love them!

To all the newbies, Join in.

You can post a goal you woiuld like to achieve then post daily to say how it's going. Give and get support.

My goal is to drink my gallon of water daily.

Exercise daily.

Anything else is gravy( no pun intended)

barbygirl43 01-06-2002 10:27 PM

Pat you must've read my mind. This is just what I need to get me back on track.
So my goals for the next five days are:
1) Journal, journal, journal
2) Try and stay within my points each day.
3) Get in exercise 5 days (going for the biggie, but I feel if I can do this, exercise will get easier.)

Dawnyal

lorelei1 01-07-2002 10:03 AM

My 5 day goal is to eat more fruit for snacks at night instead of popcorn. I did it yesterday so that's day one for me. I get plenty of veggies since I am a vegetarian but I need more fruit in the old diet, ya know??

lorelei

curley 01-07-2002 07:43 PM

Hi ladies! Thanks Pat for the grand idea. My 5 day goals are as follows: exercise 10 minutes a day, drink loads of water, and plan to have ample supplies of low-point choices on hand for the duration.
Today was day ONE!!!
I have set 8 small goals of 20 lbs each because looking at the 160 head-on scares the heck out of me. I can surely do 20, right?
I get 1 'big grin' for every 20lbs :D

nasus40 01-07-2002 08:52 PM

Curley you are doing just great!!!

I can not believe i missed this the first time through!!!
Pat you know you can count me in!!!

I am on day 7 OP today and doing great. i am finally losing the water weight even with eating salty ham and bein TOM!!! so watch out and move over for the next month I am comming through!!!

Water is my focus

haerder at the exercise this week

and focus is my main goal this week!!!

Chellefn 01-08-2002 02:11 AM

5 day goals

My goals for this week are:

1.) To not forget! My biggest problem this weekend was going to dinner with my family and ordering before I thought about what I was doing!

2.) Drink water at home. I have bottled water at work so it's much easier for me to drink my water there and then I want soda at home.

3.) Exercise! I've been using the excuse that it's too cold outside but I know some of you live in much colder areas and are doing it! So I know I can too. :)

4.) Not to weigh myself til Sunday. I'm always tempted to jump on the scale and see where I'm at and I know this is WRONG!

Thanks!
Chelle

1fralick 01-08-2002 05:28 AM

Day 1 Was a success!!!

I worked out for an hour
Drank my gallon of water
and didn't cheat!

Sue way to go on your OPness

BG43 How was your day?

Chelle, Just wanted to tell you that my thermometer reads 12 degrees' this fine morning. I am not exercising out side LOL

Curley, Have you already awarded yourself a smiley? Way to gO!!!

Lorilei, How did you do, I love popcorn myself. I am afraid I found kettle corn. Another thing to deny myself:(

Off to face Tuesday

amata 01-08-2002 06:33 AM

The Next 5 Days

My 5-day goals are:
* To drink 64 oz. water daily.
* To eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
* To exercise at least 10 min. a day. (ick)
Will update daily. I can see myself at 11:30 pm trying to down the last 24 oz. :D

Day One
Breakfast: Special K w/ 1% Milk (4:45 A.M.)
Lunch: Sausage Biscuit (11 A.M.) [Not prepared for Lunch]
Dinner: Chicken StirFry - NO FLAVOR! And I made enough for 4 days.
Water: 4 cups
Exercise: Walked 2/3 mile.
Summary: Not too bad, but not that good either. Will try better tomorrow.

Day Two
Breakfast: More Chicken StirFry
Lunch: Yum, Chicken StirFry again. :(
Dinner:
Water:
Exercise:
Summary:

curley 01-08-2002 11:45 AM

Hi ladies
Day 1 was a success!! I stayed OP, exercised, and I actually stayed closer to my minimum rather than my max points! I am happy! I have not yet earned a smiley, just put it there to encourage me. My 18th wedding anniversary is Feb14th, so I want to lose 10 lbs by then. Here's what I ate yesterday:
1 French Vanilla slimfast shake (powder) blended with NF milk, ice and instant coffee granules.. yum
5 dried apricots
1 cup GoLean cereal to munch
1 Yoplait white choc. rasberry yogurt
1 cup pasta
3 oz red snapper with lemon
1/4 cup pecans
1/4 cup herb sauce (NF)
1 NF white choc mochoa (Starbucks.. only 5pts!!)

That's it, for a total of 27pts. I exercised 10 minutes and got in lots of water, too. I'm on the way...

Have a great day ladies. I know we all have what it takes to succeed. Thanks for being here for me. I feel so hopeful now.

1fralick 01-09-2002 05:25 AM

Well Hello Weds.

Day 2 was a success!!,

45 min w/o
almost all my water :o

OP food wise.

Curley way to go!!

Amata did you get that water down?

How are the rest of you all doing??

Chellefn 01-09-2002 05:27 AM

Hello!

Tuesday was good for me!! I drank *ALL* of my water (I think I'm floating through life!), didn't weigh myself, took my neices to our favorite fast food place and didn't eat, but I didn't EXERCISE! Ugh... well, 3 out of 4.

1fralick - 12 degrees? Burrrrr! I truly feel guilt now! We had a really warm day - it was in the 60's today! Great job.

Curley - way to go!!! Sounds like you're off to a great start for the week!

Hope all of you have great succes today!
Chelle

amata 01-09-2002 07:56 AM

Pat

Not enough. But I did drink 4 glasses. I posted it with my first reply. I will try to do better today. :)

My brother bet me (although I think it was just his way of getting me off my duff, and he doesn't actually intend to go through with it), that he could lose 30 lbs in 30 days before I could lose 12 lbs in 30 days. I told him it was impossible [He weighs 180]. He said the way he was going to do it was to exercise and barely eat. He said he saw on Survivor that one guy who was able to do it [1st Season]. Anyway, last night he ate a whole bag of cheese fries, so I really don't think he is serious. But I wish he really was trying because somehow it would be nice to show him up, you know?

I only walked 2/3 a mile yesterday because I brought my dog along, and I was so busy trying to get him to stop pulling me that I couldn't even concentrate on walking quickly. After 2 times around the block, I was ready to put him up. My regret is that I didn't go back out and walk some more by myself. Today, I intend to do just that. Even though it was cold, all I had to do was put on a scarf, hat, coat, and sweats, and I was pretty comfortable - kinda. It isn't that bad. I don't know why I was making it out to be terrible. :)

SusanTaw 01-09-2002 01:24 PM

Amata:
Hey...what do you mean NO FLAVOR in your chicken stir fry!!! Why???
Mine is delicious. how do you prepare?
I use fresh chicken slices and stir fry
with fresh mushrooms, green pepper,
onions, garlic. Sometimes I add rice
and sometimes tomato slices...it varies
each time, depending what I have in
the fridge. Sometimes I also add fresh
brocolli pieces or carrot slices.
Try again and ADD the flavor and color.
you can also made a stir fry with the
same ingredients and instead of chicken,
use shrimp. Very delicious, and low cal.

amata 01-09-2002 04:12 PM

Chicken StirFry

I don't know what I did wrong. First, I added some onion and chicken pieces to a little bit of olive oil. I added a little bit of water because I apparently had the pot too hot and had not added enough oil and the chicken was sticking. I also added some Mrs. Dash because I didn't want to use Soy Sauce due to the sodium. Then I wanted to add just some green peppers, but all I could find was this fresh mix of brocolli, carrots, snow peas, and peppers. So I thought the more the merrier. But it didn't have any flavor. The chicken was not that bad because of the Mrs. Dash, but it could have been better. The vegetables, though, were aweful!!! Personally, I don't usually eat veggies, except the peppers and onions when I use ground beef. Still, I didn't think it would be that bad. Do people usually add stuff to their cooked vegetables?

curley 01-09-2002 05:48 PM

Hi Amata, If I could reply to your 'flavorless chicken' post, I've got a chicken recipe thats very flavorful. It might send the lo-carbers through the ceiling, but its low in fat, and it's low in sodium. I made it up when my husband was diagnosed with Hypertention.

chicken breast.. I use frozen ones (enough for a family of 4)
about 1/4-1/2 cup orange juice- straight from the carton
about 1/4 cup honey

let it all simmer until its cooked down and the sauce thickens.
at this point, watch and stir. You can cut up the chicken at this time while you're stirring it with a large spoon. It's going to take at least 20 minutes especially if the chicken is frozen.
I cook mine until it starts to brown alittle. Be careful not to burn it. I've experimented with adding fresh chopped garlic, tarragon flakes, red pepper flakes, and substituting lemon or lime juice for the orange. Nuts and chopped green onion over the whole dish is yummy, too, just be careful with the nuts. I usually put mine on seperately so I can measure. Everyone who has had this loves it. I hope whoever uses it enjoys it too. Its great over rice and as cold leftovers in a salad. ~~curley :)