I Fit!!!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I was so excited about this that I had to share.
    Last year at this time I went to back to school night at my daughter’s high school. When I walked into the classroom I saw those horrible chairs with the desk attached to them. I looked at it and thought “I sure hope I can fit in that”. I squeezed myself into the desk and I swear I couldn’t breathe. My boobs were sitting on the desk because it was such a tight squeeze. It was terrible. I didn’t hear a word the teacher’s said because I felt like everyone was looking at me and thinking how sad I looked. I live and work in a very snooty area and most of the moms stay home and spend their day at the gym or spa. I felt so FAT and horrible!
    This year was a totally different story. I had the same anxiety when I walked into the classroom and saw those terrible desks. I knew in my mind that I had lost a lot of weight, but I just kept thinking about last year. I got my courage up and went to the desk and sat down. To my shock – I had plenty of room. I felt totally normal! I know it doesn’t sound that exciting but to me it was FANTASTIC!
    To anyone that is having problems giving up the fast food or junk food I want to tell you with all my heart that the feeling I had last night was so much better than any food you can possibly imagine!
  • that is absolutely awesome congratulations!
  • That is totally wonderful!!

I can totally relate to this. I only wish I had lost weight before all my kids were out of school so that I could experience that awesome feeling. Way to go, tingirl!
  • It may seem like a little thing, but stuff like this takes so much stress out of your life, it's amazing. Congratulations.
  • I've been there!!!! I didn't fit last year....I SOOOO hope I fit this year!

Congratulations on a job WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Congratulations! I bet that felt great!!
  • That is awesome. Congrats. I can not wait to get that feeling.
  • Yay!! That's awesome!

The student desk thing was a BIG thing for me. When I started teaching full-time in 2005 I could BARELY squeeze into a desk. I really couldn't fit, but I could manage when I had to. I teach, so occasionally I have to sit in one of those godforsaken seats. It was such a nightmare my first year. This past year as I was losing weight, I could feel myself slowly getting more room in the desks, and now there's a CRAZY amount of room there! In fact, I just noticed how much room there was today and I was thrilled all over again. It doesn't get old!
  • Maybe that's my problem -- my son has a desk and seperate chair!!! Plenty of room to slide myself wayyyy back!!

Congratulations -- all of us "fat chicks" understand that it is an amazing accomplishment and something to be so proud of yourself for!! I hope you sat right up front.
  • That is great : ) Congratulations!
  • Quote: To my shock – I had plenty of room. I felt totally normal! I know it doesn’t sound that exciting but to me it was FANTASTIC!
    Oh wow! how wonderful for you and what a great inspirational story for the rest of us. Thanks for sharing it
  • Thats wonderful!!!

• That is great news !! I can't wait until that happens to me, because this is one of my problems, I feel so horrible about myself trying to get into those chairs.
    cheryl
  • That is great! Congratulations!
  • That is really great!! Congratulations!

So far Jacob has had chairs that are separate. Thank Goodness!!