Old 09-12-2007, 06:15 AM   #31  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Another one here happy to see heavier gals.

I don't know why they put the gals in the sports bras, or for that matter, why they make the men expose themselves by taking off their shirts.

And for the life of me, I can not figure out how (or why) any one could lose 31 lbs of ANYthing in one week. Unless of course they G-d forbid lost a limb or something.

I missed the first half hour or so, can someone please explain to me what's the deal with the black team? Thank you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:58 AM   #32  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Another one here happy to see heavier gals.

I don't know why they put the gals in the sports bras, or for that matter, why they make the men expose themselves by taking off their shirts.

And for the life of me, I can not figure out how (or why) any one could lose 31 lbs of ANYthing in one week. Unless of course they G-d forbid lost a limb or something.

I missed the first half hour or so, can someone please explain to me what's the deal with the black team? Thank you.
The black team, is Jillian's team. they were tricked into thinking they were being sent home( Red and Blue captains picked their teammates and the rest were led to believe they were going home). She is training them for 20 days? and then they will rejoin the rest at the campus.

I saw up to the last 15 minutes. I love the show because it is a great motivatar, but at the same time, it gets me upset that they show these people loosing so much weight, because I really thing a 30 lb loose is really unhealthy. In reality it would be nice to have a show were people were loosing weight normally, but then the show wouldn't make money would it?
Also I add that it was nice to see women wou were bigger than other games, I didn't feel that bad knowing that there are women who are big as I was.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:51 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

I too was glad to see women that weigh around my weight and even more than me.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:13 AM   #34  
The Keymaker

S/C/G: 328/250/160

Height: 5'7

Hello! I'm excited to talk about Biggest Loser!
I haven't been into the show as much as this season, and it just started!

I also must say that I was very pleased to see the heavier gals being represented on the show finally. I understand that there are all levels of weightloss, but all the girls used to be like 220 or 230. And is it just me, or are there quite a few really pretty girls on this season? The largest girl that is like 297 is going to be a gorgeous!

I'm so excited to see next week's episode and watch the blue and red teams freak out when they see Jillian show up with her new black team. Awesome!
Jess8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:31 AM   #35  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

I caught myself getting all misty eyed at least 4 or 5 times during the show, I'm such a sap!
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:40 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

I too was glad to see the heavier women on this season, along with folks that are older too. We all know their weight losses are not realistic, but it is still a huge motivator for me to watch the show!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:51 AM   #37  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I enjoyed it...thought it was a bit cruel to make those 6 people think they were going home!!!

As for the 30 lb loss...I know I could lose 8-10 lbs on my "first" week with a program if I really tried, but 30 - They must just absolutely work them to death. And don't forget, the weigh-in's next week are often not good.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:06 AM   #38  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Yeah, I don't know why they have them in sports bras/topless either...I think it's for the drama or something.
But I was glad to see bigger women on there too...we're out there!
Losing 30lbs in one week...goodness. The only thing I can come up with is that he MUST have been retaining some serious water or something.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:38 AM   #39  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I think the idea of the sports bra and going topless is a motivator. If I knew I was going to be on national tv with a sports bra on you know I'd be slaving the entire week. Also I like to weigh-in in my birthday suit and I'm sure those people do as well, like in this sort of competition every ounce will count so the less clothes on at weigh in the better.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:42 AM   #40  
Woman on a mission

Height: 5'10"

Like everyone else has said I'm glad the women are heavier than usual this year. I'm glad they brought Jillian back I wish she was my trainer. I love watching the transformations every week and seeing that other women my size and bigger are doing this and so can I if I push myself.
MaNdA22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:52 AM   #41  

Height: 5'6"

I absolutely *love* this show! It motivates me very much. I am also glad to see girls who are as big as I am in there and working hard and achieving. Love the "grandpa" too. He must have been retaining a ton of water. Good for him!

I would love to have any of the three trainers to kick my butt into shape! lol
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:58 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

I just hate this show. The weight loss is ridiculously dangerous whether they have medical personnel around or not. It gives people at home the impression that if fat people just worked hard enough, that we could all lose that kind of weight. It also has to be discouraging to a lot of people in the real world when they only lose two pounds a week instead of these numbers.

You're also taking people in seriously bad shape and starting with workouts that could actually bring on exercise induced heart attacks. Eventually they are going to kill somebody on this show.

That being said, I'm still going to watch it every week. I'll watch anything where I can root for somebody and against somebody else. And I think the big football player captain guy is going to be pretty hot when the weight comes off.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:00 AM   #43  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I'm loving this show! and YAY for the bigger girls !!! I loved that the old dude made it there first ~ good for him

I missed a few minutes (I'm doing this ridiculous thing I agreed to -- EACH commercial break, run up and down all the stairs in your house good lord! ) can anyone tell me if they weighed in the black team? I don't think I saw that? How will we know what they started as???? PS I'd snap Jilian in half, I'm so a BOB kinda gal !
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:26 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
awesome show! dude was down 30 lbs in a WEEK??? yikes! LOL...am I mean but i was Soooooooo happy they kicked off Amber ~ someone needing help is fine, but the whiney defeatist attitude bugged me, especially when so many others would have loved the opportunity! good for her for dropping 60 lbs at home tho! yay!
I too was ecstatic when Amber got the boot. And also was happy for her that she lost 60 lbs on her own too. I love the fact that this year there are 3 teams and that Jillian is back too....I always liked Bob and Jillian....not too crazy about Kim.
KnCmamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:29 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLCSC145 View Post
I thought it was nice to see gals that were bigger than the ones they've chosen in seasons past. The 31 pound guy and the 20 pound gal were a huge upset for the red team. All I can say is wow.

Oh, and I'll also say that I think it's C-R-U-E-L to put the women in those sports bras and spandex shorts. Since I read the scale they stand on isn't the real scale (they weigh them in advance of the weigh in ceremony), why they don't weigh both the guys and the girls in a t-shirt and normal gym shorts is beyond me.
I was thinking the exact same thing about the women wearing those sports bras when the guys are wearing shirts...however the guys take their shirts off for the weigh-in part
KnCmamma is offline   Reply With Quote