Old 09-11-2007, 12:58 PM   #16  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone!

Don't great so far, except for water. I have been in and out of my office and keep forgetting to take it w/ me! The focus this afternoon (besides work) is drinking more water! Then to the gym--tonight is legs/back weights and cardio.

mj
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 01:43 PM   #17  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Hello!

Jeez, I haven't really changed anything and the scale dropped 3.2 pounds since Friday. Granted some of that was undoing the steady rise the scale had been making over the last couple of weeks, but I am so relieved. I got some sleep last night, so that's good too. I'm going out to dinner with my former boss tonight who is from another state, so I'm really looking forward to that (really, she's great!) -- just need to try to make the healthiest choice possible.

Take care everyone and have a great day!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 01:55 PM   #18  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

How goes it lovely ladies!

Laurie, it's great to be back again. I need to keep telling myself that the day I don't check in here is the first sign that motivation is slipping. I went through a stage of not saying anything if I gained, which is silly - you guys all understand how that works. I did get busy with other things as well, but still had time to check into other sites I visit. I'm back and determined to stay this time

CC, fantastic that you're getting some sleep. To be honest, I'm not sure how you've done it - I'd be an incoherent wreck if my sleep was as bad as yours has been!

Schmoodle, well done on planning out your meals. I do and I don't - I plan what I'm having when I'm putting together my grocery list, and then take it a day at a time.

Go MJ! I hope you have as good a day today as yesterday. Enjoy the gym.

Rakel, keep at it and hopefully things will start calming down for you so you can get a bit of time to yourself.

Yay Cheryl with the chocolate! I can't do that yet. One day, hopefully, but at the moment chocolate is one of those things that can't come into the house...

Go, Rhonda! Onederland by the end of the year sounds achievable, and if not you'll be pretty close!

Gosh, there's a lot of us now. This is a good thing!

Well, I left my lunch at home yesterday and had to buy from the cafe at work. Overpriced rubbish is really all they sell, so I won't be making that mistake again. I ended up getting this massive baked potato - this thing was the size of a large grapefruit - topped with chili con carne and sour cream. About the best thing that could be said is that it was filling and I didn't eat anything else till dinner time.

Today, still training and I'm going to walk again to work. I'm actually enjoying the walk, so I might have to keep that up once I go back to my normal hours.

Have fun everyone!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:31 PM   #19  

Height: 5'5"

Nicole - Great to hear that you're back on track, even if your lunch yesterday wasn't ideal. Still - one less-than-ideal meal doesn't kill us, and it sounds as though you put it right in perspective!

CC - I'm so happy to hear that you're getting some sleep, even if not quite enough. I find that when I don't sleep (sometimes I have crazy work deadlines), the scale is not my friend. Even when I'm eating well and exercising, the sleep seems to be an important ingredient in the weight loss formula. Maybe that has something to do with the scale's return to friendliness?

Rhonda - Very exciting to hear about your new enthusiasm. Can't wait to post on your Welcome to Onederland! thread. I have so much respect for your ability to keep on keepin' on, despite your insulin resistance. I know I would struggle so much with that - it is so inspirational to watch you push through it.

MJ - Sounds like it's going well! I did legs yesterday, and am really glad to be taking a break today, as they are so sore.

Rakel - I do contract work, so I know how frustrating it can be to invest so much time, energy, and money into a deal and have it not go as smoothly as you'd hoped. Great job not letting the stress derail you. I actually find that when I eat better and am able to inject some exercise into my routine during my most stressful times, I am so much more productive. Hope you're finding that's true as well.

Schmoodle - Meal planning. Something at which I don't excel. But yours sounds so delicious, I think you'd be crazy to settle for something far less delicious that's not on plan.

Cheryl - Oooohhh... Chocolate! It is so great that you're able to recognize what you need in order to follow your plan. Hopefully, that scale will continue moving in the right direction, and we can celebrate your loss with you tomorrow!

Yesterday, I had a very low-calorie day. That's why FitDay is so good for me. I can be more aware of what I'm doing, even if I don't want to admit either the low-cal days or the high-cal days. So, according to the totals, I consumed 700 calories and burned 699 just with my activities (not counting basal or lifestyle). And, the thing is, yesterday was not atypical of my eating for the past few weeks, which may, of course, explain a binge weekend. So, I guess I make a concentrated effort to eat more today. I hate that! Still, it's good to know what I need to do. Now, to just do it...
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:40 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Cheryl: I bought a big chocolate bar yesterday, and found that I could not stop at a little bit. I ate a few good chunks, and threw the rest of the bar in the trash. Good for you on being able to control yourself.
BattleAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:03 PM   #21  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

I cannot buy a big chocolate bar. I don't completely eliminate chocolate, but I find it much easier to stay on plan with individually wrapped things. Of course, it doesn't do much good if you eat more than a serving, but it's easier to stop myself from opening another serving, whereas with the chocolate bar... it's so easy to just take a *smidge* more off, and that *smidge* becomes more *smidges* until the whole thing is gone. Maybe in a few years after I have retrained myself with the sweets I can buy whole candy bars again.

It's amazing though, I am not as big into ice cream as I used to be. I think I've mentioned this before, but I do have a little problem with dairy and I think that since I had it so much I just got used to it, but now that I have been really staying away from it, if I eat it, it kinda makes me feel bad. I wish I felt that way about chocolate sometimes, because my love affair with it is very very deep. Chocolate and I, well, we enjoy each other, that's all I'm sayin! :P

Anyway, I'm getting pretty hungry. I had a zone perfect bar and 2 "fresco" tacos from Taco Bell (not the best thing, but we were on the run and we don't have much food left at our house... we need to go shopping, but we don't have any money... BLAH! the worst part about taco bell is actually the sodium, if I remember correctly, oh and the fact that the food does not really taste very good), and a vitamin infused water drink thing. I have a tangelo to eat, which I think I will have right now I bought a peach yesterday, and it was ripe. One day later it's already bad. I don't think I'll be buying fruit from walmart anymore. I don't normally shop there but there's a walmart by where we work and it's the only grocery store around.

Update on the work situation: thankfully I do not have to work any more on this project. We talked to John's brother about it today and he agreed that it's not worth our time. I guess John will be working on it until the end of the month, but it doesn't look like we can count on that money for quite some time yet. So I am a little worried because I have bills coming up... and I am actually not paying any of my credit cards because I don't have enough money. It sucks to have to get late fees but what can I do? I just hope I can pull together enough money to pay all our bills, rent for next month and all of that fun grown up having your own business fun stuff. But once we are over this, I think it will get better. I can spend more time working on my business instead of stopping and starting all the time by working on these stupid projects where we don't even know when we'll get paid. ... and speaking of which, I need to get to work! I just wanted to check in!

Oh, and I think the whole sleep thing is working against me on the scale too. I'm up another 1.5lbs and back to 293. I suppose I should change my ticker, but I want to see what happens tomorrow. I'm going to try and get to bed early tonight and get plenty of sleep. I think last night I went to bed around 4:30am (probably nodded off around 5am) and got up at 10am. I just can't think of anything else because I stayed under my calories yesterday AND I exercised, for the first time in like a week.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:16 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Good afternoon!

Wow, I feel like it's been a long time since I've posted here. I keep trying to find the time to say something to everyone...and that just hasn't happened. I need the accountability, though, so I'm going to post and hopefully you all can forgive if I don't reply to EVERYONE!

I've had some "good" days and some "bad" days lately. By bad days, I mean that I'm at maintenance calorie levels or below...BUT...I'm not making really good, healthy food choices. I've even had 2 days where I used 200 calories on a SODA! I haven't had soda (before Saturday) since JANUARY! Gee whiz...where did that come from? So, I've had to really take a look at what I'm doing and get back to the basics in planning.

I've been excellent, today. Back to the healthy stuff that really makes me so much happier than the junk. I just feel better when I'm eating correctly.

Breakfast was 2 cups of coffee, a whole grain English muffin, an egg, a piece of Canadian bacon, and some laughing cow spread. Made it all into a breakfast sandwich for 250 calories.

Lunch was a Southwest grilled chicken salad with Southwest dressing. 370 calories. (lettuce, carrots, black beans, corn, tomato, grilled chicken, a few croutons)

I had a Bosc pear a few minutes ago for a snack.

Dinner is chili made with Smart Ground rather than beef, beans, vegetable juice (low sodium), onions, green pepper, garlic, and spices. It's been simmering for 2 hours and it's FABULOUS! One bowl - 200 calories.

Later tonight, as a snack, I've got fresh fruit and/or a Fiber One bar. I'll also probably make a pot of decaf Hazelnut coffee. Coffee has become something that really satisfies a "sweet" craving and at the same time makes me feel very full and satisfied. I allow myself to drink it but when I do I have to make a concerted effort to make sure I drink water as well.

So, that catches you all up with me.

CC - glad you slept. I think the lack of probably has a LOT to do with your scale issues of late.

Rhonda - your enthusiasm is palpable! I'm so excited for you and I think that is a GREAT goal. Ambitious but doable...and you sound SO ready!

Everyone else - I'll catch up with ya'll during another post. I'm so proud of each of you!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:58 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Ugh...well ladies I'm back. Lets just say that my NYC conference was a lost cause. And now my season is open and I'm so busy I can't think....note I got back Sunday and today is the first day I've even been able to peek here. Anyway the exercise was lacking except for running to shows, the food has been out of control and I'm terrified to get on the scale. Anyway I get to leave work now thankfully but I'm getting back in control and back onto some sort of normal schedule. I've got my car back so I'm going to be aiming for some gym time too.
Tonight I'm gonna keep it healthy and make a food plan for the rest of the week. Hopefully I'll be able to give a better update tomorrow.
Stay strong!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:13 PM   #24  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Tricia and Sunshine, its so good to hear from both of you. Tricia, don't worry about trying to say something to everyone each day....that can get very time consuming. I can do that on a few days, but not everyday. But, I do read each post and catch up with everyone here and, I think they know, that I'm cheering for each one of them each day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:38 PM   #25  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

I have not even tried to keep up with responding to everyone's posts, but I do read everything. Sometimes I just don't have much to add :\. All I know is that you guys are great and make me feel so welcome

Last edited by rakel; 09-11-2007 at 09:38 PM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:06 AM   #26  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all,
Thanks everyone for chiming in on the chocolate, I don't know why I don't eat the whole, thing, I would have a few months ago, just stuffed my face with it. A few things that work, is that I don't buy milk chocolate or white anymore, I buy dark , dark chocolate, and if I buy a big bar, it is not to keep in the house, but to split with the family , because if I kept it in the house I would probably eat it too.
I was able to post a loss today, which I am trying to be happy with, it is hard to be ecstatic because I am eating within my calorie range, exercising for 55 minutes a day, and would love to see 2, 3, or even a 4 lb loss weekly, but I have to be realistic and know that I am going to have these days, where I won't loose much or anything. The most important thing is reaching my goal one day, no matter how long it takes, I am not going to be a quiter again.
I am going to exercise soon, and stay on my food plan.
I hope you all have a great day!!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:29 AM   #27  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Everyone!

Yesterday was the first day in about a month that I managed to stay completely on-plan all day. That's the good news. The bad news is that the scale is paying me back for my misbehaviour...I've gained a pound. Considering how I was eating, I'm really getting off a bit easy. I did get to bed by 10:30 last night...thats 2 days in a row! I must confess that I'm not quite feeling so very rested and energetic like I had hoped. I must be going through sugar withdrawals again. Argghh...when will I learn! I wish someone would spank my butt and put me in time out! But, I'm not quitting....even the turtle must cross the finish line eventually.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 09-12-2007 at 08:30 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:52 PM   #28  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Good morning everyone!

Laurie, I know exactly what to do as well. It's the sticking to plan that I struggle with - I do OK for a while then slip up. Now, if I can stay on plan for 2 weeks, why can't I stay on plan for 3 weeks? It's frustrating at times - I'm an intelligent woman who knows exactly what to do, but can't stick to it...

Rakel, 1.5 lbs is nothing - it could just be water weight, because it sounds as if you're definitely sticking to plan. I'm pleased your life's starting to calm down and hopefully you can get into some kind of sleep routine - that's also fairly important.

Tricia, good luck on the decision making. It's never easy.

Welcome back, Sunshine! I was wondering where you are.

Hi to everyone else!

I took my ring in yesterday to be resized - it was far too loose. I now feel almost naked without it - it's the only piece of jewellery that I wear regularly and it feels strange not to see it there on my finger. I spoke with my mother about it and she asked why am I doing it now rather than later when I've lost more. I don't what to lose it, and resizing only costs $10 - or the same price as a Thai or Chinese takeaway. What's going to do me the best good? Unfortunately going into the jewellers can be expensive - I've seen a necklace and earring set that I love, so I might just have to buy that if it's still there when my backpay comes through next month.

Not really much to talk about - training's going OK, but they are very long days. I'd forgotten how much I hated finishing at 5pm and having to go home in the middle of rush hour - finishing at 4, I miss the worst of it. Still, only 2 more days and I'm back to normal.

Have a fantastic day ladies!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:12 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

I think at any moment my head is going to explode....I'm so busy. I have a show opening today....a rather big one...and everyone thinks I'm the end all be all of getting them last minute tickets (which I'm not) so I can't get ANYTHING done cause I'm spending all my time fielding these stupid requests.
Ugh.

So on with my post from yesterday. New York was great as long as you don't take into account consumption of food, alcohol or lack of activity. At the actual conference the meals are all planned and it's very tight scheduled so there isn't time to go fend for yourself. oh and it looks really bad to not show up to scheduled events. By Friday I was ready to kill for a vegetable! But on the good side it was a good week in the city and a great conference....Got a lot of work done, went to some ritzy parties and saw a few shows....I mean really I should feel lucky that I have a job that sends me to NYC for a week to schmooze in penthouse suites and see Broadway shows and meet the casts and directors and writers....but alas as cool as it is my butt does not love it and neither does my liver....and it is absolutely exhausting.

After that I spent the weekend with some friends in Brooklyn...much better than the conference time. We ate out but we ate healthy and a lot less and did a lot of walking...ok well brunch on Sunday at 'pies & thighs' probably wasn't that healthy but at least I got on the vegetable train over the weekend.

Anyway I'm back home and trying to work my way back into the swing. Today was going well until I was attacked by a Boston cream donut in the kitchen at work....it jumped right off the counter and into my hand I swear....ok it didn't really but my hand did reach for it and my mouth chewed and swallowed it. The donut was gone before I even realized I had eaten it. Its interesting too cause donuts aren't a big thing for me, I never really crave/buy/eat them. I'm making another go at quitting smoking so I'm wondering if that might be causing me to look at the donuts. It's only day one of putting them down and my life is so stressful and it is everything i can do to not go buy a pack.

Other than the donut incident today has been good. I'm going to cut out my afternoon snack to even out the calories from the donut. I've planned everything out today, I even have dinner put together at home and have made plans to hit the gym tonight....in an attempt to vent some stress and keep my mind off the butts. I also have everything in Fitday so I'm paying real close attention to it. I got over it and got on the scale this morning and I'm actually still right where I was before I left from the conference which is a relief...but it doesn't help that I feel awful and bloated from no exercise and bad eating. I'm hauling down water like it's gonna dry up!

here we go again.
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 03:25 PM   #30  

Okay. Just a quick check-in to maintain my accountability.

Since my Monday calories were SO low, I decided that I would eat more, higher calorie stuff earlier on Tuesday - and had PEANUT BUTTER. I rarely eat it because of the fat and calories, but I really wanted it. Unfortunately, I didn't stop at one sandwich. I ate two. On white bread. I don't really eat bread, as even whole grain bread is a little processed for my taste, so I used what I had bought for the kids. So, I ended up at 1249 calories way early in the day, I didn't get the nutritional bang I needed for my calorie expenditure, and did not allow myself to eat for the last six or seven hours of the day because I felt so bloated and disappointed in my choices. So, I'm still not making good decisions, but I am at least working at it. My lesson for the day? Keep the peanut butter at bay. I still can't handle it. I am eating more than normal today, consisting of nutritious foods, and I feel fuller than is comfortable, but I worry that stringing 700-calorie days together (which I am inclined to do) will make maintenance that much more difficult. So, **SIGH**, I am trying to figure it all out once again. Like CC has said, balance is a huge challenge for me, and I can really screw things up when I try to integrate balance (witness my last two days), so I will just keep trying to move forward.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote