3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   It's Here!!!!!!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/122317-its-here.html)

WinterStarzz 09-07-2007 11:17 PM

It's Here!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure about everywhere else, but Honeycrisp apples have arrived here in Michigan! They are the best apple on the planet. Sweet like a yellow apple, crisp like a green apple, best when served cold. I was so happy when I drove past the little farmer's market and saw them there. :D

Jen415 09-07-2007 11:29 PM

Sounds absolutely YUM! will have to check around for them!

boaterswife 09-07-2007 11:33 PM

They're not here yet :( I've been checking the stores every coupla days!

MarinePrincess 09-08-2007 12:08 AM

I'm so jealous! The apple selection is exactly the same here year round and I don't like any of them. I swear when we move back to the states, I'm getting off the plane and driving to the grocery store for a Granny Smith apple, lol.

Enjoy your tasty treats! :goodvibes:

Marseille 09-08-2007 09:56 AM

Those are my absolute favorites too... they should be here pretty quick I am so excited! I might have to schedule a trip to the apple orchard although I tend to be a little distracted by the apple and pumpkin pies there!

Marseille 09-08-2007 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarinePrincess (Post 1845285)
I'm so jealous! The apple selection is exactly the same here year round and I don't like any of them. I swear when we move back to the states, I'm getting off the plane and driving to the grocery store for a Granny Smith apple, lol.

Enjoy your tasty treats! :goodvibes:

I know what you mean.. I was in Japan for 3 weeks and barely ate a thing, I thought everything was nasty. Maybe I should move to Japan to lose weight...

NickiB68 09-08-2007 10:09 AM

I have never seen this type of apple. What color is it? So I can keep an eye out for them. I hope its not a regional apple.

WinterStarzz 09-08-2007 10:18 AM

It's reddish yellow.

lizziness 09-08-2007 01:07 PM

mmm- honey crisp. I will keep my eyes open. There was a new one last year which I enjoy even more - Pink Lady...OH YUM I can't wait.

modkittn 09-08-2007 01:17 PM

Ooooh those Pink Ladies are YUMMY! :hungry:

dek6 09-08-2007 01:23 PM

I love picking apples. I live in DE and there is a great orchard in MD about 15 minutes from my house. You reminded me that I wanted to look up when Golden Delicious were ready to be picked. Thanks. Ive never had HoneyCrisp. What are they like. Golden Delicious is my favorite, then is Fuji. YUM!!!!

rakel 09-08-2007 09:52 PM

Apples are really hit or miss with me. I think maybe I have just had too many apples that tasted like wax and had a very "granulated" consistancy. I'd rather have an orange... a FLORIDA orange (they are better than California oranges that you usually buy in stores... or maybe I just like having fresh oranges. Florida is great! :P)