3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Im Too Fat To Weed The Garden!!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/122161-im-too-fat-weed-garden.html)

eander5696 09-05-2007 05:11 PM

Im Too Fat To Weed The Garden!!!!

I spent probably 45 minutes in the hedges last night, pulling weeds. This morning, I could barely walk, and I appeared to have strained a hamstring. My back didnt bother me from bending over or my neck, its my legs! They feel like I ran a 5K!!!!!

SO SAD!!!! LOL

Im glad I can giggle about it now, cuz IM doing something about it, but MAN!!!!! :carrot: I think I need to do more mr carrot moves!

GirlyGirlSebas 09-05-2007 06:59 PM

:D I've felt the exact same way after weeding. Its rough!

CLCSC145 09-05-2007 07:42 PM

Weeding for hours is harder than ANY workout I've ever done! I know it's good for me, but I'm seriously considering getting a gardener. :o

Gale02 09-05-2007 09:39 PM

Weeding is tough for me sometimes too, especially if I spend a lot of time squatting. Good job getting in shape, though. The more you build up those leg muscles the less they'll be sore!

thistoo 09-05-2007 10:04 PM

Funny how gardening uses leg muscles we don't normally notice! It does the same to all of us, but the good news is your legs get used to it eventually.

MugCanDoIt 09-06-2007 09:30 AM

My garden is so overgrown I cant even see my fish pond. I have been avoiding it cause it is so hot. But I think it is high time I get out there and make some progress. I pulled something in my back the other day so we will both be out there hump backed and limping......

Sandi 09-06-2007 09:51 AM

I hear ya!! Weeding is the worst!!

Jen415 09-06-2007 09:54 AM

Ditto on that! But the benefits are worth it--a neat tidy house AND burned calories!

Slashnl 09-06-2007 10:26 AM

Let the weeds win....

:)

Luminous 09-06-2007 11:23 AM

I did a LOT of weeding on my butt! :lol: There were tons of weeds in the rows of the garden and it would take ten minutes or more just to clear out a few feet, so I plopped down on my behind quite a bit.

Unfortunately, eventually the rows got a lot cleaner, and weeding on my butt didn't make sense anymore, so I do the squat and bend now. :p

kaw 09-06-2007 01:35 PM

Weeding is tough on your lower back and hamstrings no matter what you weigh. It's basically repeating a full hamstring stretch over and over and over and over (repeat times number of weeds), so it's a flexibility issue more than a fat issue. Or at least, that's my excuse. :)

Kim

royalsfan1 09-06-2007 01:43 PM

My son has begged for "chores" to do to earn money....yep, weeding! :D hehehe

nicolen 09-06-2007 01:55 PM

The first few times I weeded, I was soo sore! It's really hard work!

After that, I didn't really notice it as much, although if I put in a big day in the garden, I can be quite sore...

xJox 09-06-2007 02:34 PM

Oh yes.. I trimmed up a bush about a month back and the next morning my arms were aching.

Gardenwife 09-06-2007 02:35 PM

Weeding and putting down mulch are two of the most strenuous gardening chores, aren't they? I did a lot of weeding earlier this week, yanking up the thistles that threatened to take over one of my beds. They are wicked things, healthy despite the lack of rain. That plus my neighbors' home has been vacant for a year while it's been up for sale and the thistles there have gone to seed and blown into my yard. :cry: I'd go into a gardening rant, but your eyes would all glaze over. LOL