Old 09-05-2007, 04:05 PM   #16  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Aw Jen, I'm glad to hear that Jenny Craig itself has a longterm plan. I mean I knew that YOU did, I just wasn't sure, being unfamiliar with them, if THEY did. The reason I said "temporary" is because I figured one can't go on eating their food forever and ever and ever. Or could one?

I know no one can replace 3FC, this IS a unique place. But I'm real glad you'll have your own personal counselor. Again, I'm real excited for you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:51 AM   #17  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Well, I reckon one COULD go on eating the food if they wanted....and who knows? I may do that, if I get rich or something!

I have an appointment today at the centre after work for the big weigh in, etc. I am really excited to get this party started!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:20 PM   #18  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

That's great Jen! We all have to find what works best for each of us. I needed a lot of structure in the beginning also. For me, having a list of foods that I could and could not eat was a lifesaver. I knew there were things that I had to avoid (based on the lists that my "diet" was based on), and that was my structure and how I made it from day to day. I understand yours doesn't work just like that, but regardless I understand the need for structure.

We'll be here to cheer you on, regardless of the program you choose. Good luck!
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:35 AM   #19  
Shairing her ESH...

Thanks Tammy! In the beginning of the program, they plan it out for you, but after awhile you can make your own choices of what JC food you want to eat. Eventually, non-JC food is incorporated in the form of exchanges (which is totally foreign to me!).

I've hit a little snag in joining JC--I have to get my cardiologist's approval before going on it. So....I have an appointment with him today for a six month follow-up. Hopefully he'll sign my waiver and I can get this show on the road! My JC consultant says she's never had a doctor refuse to let a patient go on the program--I really hope mine won't be the first!

Will check in later with the results of my visit!
Old 09-07-2007, 09:32 PM   #20  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Jen,
I'm so happy for you that you've found something that will work for you!
I know what you mean about structure. I'm using Medifast now. It's really helping me, as I need the structure SO much, too! I tried WW, but didn't have the self control to choose wisely. I figure when I get near goal, I will have trained myself to stay away from all of the junk that got me here.
Best wishes to you! You can do it!!!!
PeggyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:28 PM   #21  
Shairing her ESH...

Thanks Peggy P! Good luck with Medifast!

BTW, all is well...doc was glad to see me join Jenny Craig--says it is a very sound program!

Last edited by Jen415; 09-07-2007 at 11:29 PM.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:53 PM   #22  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Good to hear, Jen! You can do this!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 02:08 PM   #23  
Shairing her ESH...

Thanks SAPF!!
Old 09-09-2007, 11:50 AM   #24  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I'm glad you got approval! And thanks for clueing me in that they've got more vegetarian-friendly meals now, I will keep that in mind in case I ever strike it rich ; ) I wish my employer would give the kind of incentives yours does for healthy living, but I work for a county so I'm not holding my breath. I'm glad *someone* has those benefits, though. Good luck on your new program!
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:04 PM   #25  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Hi there!
I've never posted on this board, but as you see by my ticker, my goal is to lose over 100lbs. I hope that my response on this board is appropriate!!!
The BEST diet for you is the ONE THAT WORKS!!!! If, for you, this is Jenny Craig, EXCELLENT!!! You have support here, for sure!
Way to go in making such a thought-out decision!!!
And, no matter the outcome, at least you will know if this program is for you.
Keep everyone updated!
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:28 PM   #26  

It sounds like a really good plan for you! You sound like you have it all figured out and you can't lose (actually you WILL lose, LOL!)

One thing I've learned is that there is no perfect diet for everyone. My mom lost 30 pounds on WW 10 years ago and she's like the WW evangelist, LOL, but OMG I joined like four times and it always drives me NUTS! I hated the meetings, the weigh-ins, the merchandising and the endless counting, counting, counting and that whole WW culture! BUT SHE LOVES ALL OF THE ABOVE, as do tons of people.

It took me a long time to look in terms of, what's right for ME, instead of saying "what's wrong with me that I can't do this?"

Good luck to you?
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:31 PM   #27  

PS, isn't that dress of Val's just the bomb?? I love it!! I would love to wear that to the mother/daughter fashion show at my daughter's school in March! NOW THERE'S A GOAL....I got some work to do!

I find her really inspirational - I like her video blogs on the JC site.
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:33 PM   #28  
Shairing her ESH...

Quote:
Originally Posted by K8-EEE View Post
My mom lost 30 pounds on WW 10 years ago and she's like the WW evangelist, LOL, but OMG I joined like four times and it always drives me NUTS! I hated the meetings, the weigh-ins, the merchandising and the endless counting, counting, counting and that whole WW culture! BUT SHE LOVES ALL OF THE ABOVE, as do tons of people.

It took me a long time to look in terms of, what's right for ME, instead of saying "what's wrong with me that I can't do this?"

Good luck to you?
I hear you about the "WW culture"....I never felt "good enough" when I was on WW, ya know? Just a personal thing with me...it is obviously a great program with so many successful folk.

And K8-EEE, you hit the nail on the head--the question should not be "What is WRONG with me, but what is RIGHT *FOR* me?"

And yes, that is an AWESOME dress! I think in her blog on JC she says it is a size 6 or 8. She looks awesome, doesnt she?

Today is Day 2, and so far I have had some very tasty food and have read some very motivating material. I feel SO GOOD about being on this program!
Old 09-10-2007, 10:39 AM   #29  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

I'm so happy for you, hun! If it works, that is all that matters. We all have to do what works best for us, so long as the weight is coming off and we're getting healthier, what matter does it make what plan each of us follow? As I always say, "one size does NOT fit all"- the same goes for diet plans!

I wish you the best of luck on JC. Keep us informed of your progress!
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:54 AM   #30  
Shairing her ESH...

Just wanted to update: I dropped 5.6 lbs on my first weigh in! just a wee bit shy of my 6 lb goal! But I will be there next week!