Old 09-05-2007, 10:36 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 220+/174.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyllenn View Post
I also wonder how many didn't keep any weight off... After all, the ones they had on are just a small number of all the people who've been on...
I know that if I had lost that weight on national television and gained it back, I would never agree to go back on the show to publicize my failing to keep the weight off. I think that would be humiliating. I've never seen the show, but I don't think I would be comfortable about dieting on national television and having the viewing public scrutinize your body, your diet, and your activities.
Anna829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:38 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 220+/174.2/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoritsa View Post
I really wish they'd take more time in showing how normal people can lose the weight at a slower rate.It wont stop me from watching though
But they don't care about reality. Sensationalism is what brings in viewers and advertising revenue. It's all about the almighty dollar.
Anna829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:38 AM   #33  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I love TBL. It's just inspirational to see people succeeding when you're trying to do the same thing. I do feel sorry for Matt, though. It is obvious that he has such a hard time keeping weight off (I know the feeling!) and I really feel for him. But he and Suzy look so happy and that was nice to see! I'm with everyone else about Marty and Amy, though. Good for them that they're happy, but way to celebrate the destruction of his first marriage.

I've tried to watch Fat March (I am such a junkie for weight loss shows) but they give so much airtime to Anthony's mean-spirited whining that I couldn't do it.

Last edited by thistoo; 09-05-2007 at 10:42 AM.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:41 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovestorun View Post
I watched it! love the show too! Maybe I missed it-
why didn't Matt and Suzy weigh in. I know she just
had a baby but both look like the put alot back on?
Or is it just me?

I too am glad Jullian is back I like how tough she is
should be a great season- Already have my DVR set!
They did a video segment of Matt & Suzy. I read in my trusty People Magazine that they BOTH put weight back on when she was pregnant... he put back on over 100 and she put back on 60 or something like that.... but that they are both going back on diets to get off the weight that they put on. My ASSUMPTION (strictly an opinion) would be that either they couldn't come to the show because of the baby - or that they didn't want to weigh in again on National TV since they've both put back on so much weight.... at any rate - they don't weigh anywhere near what they did weigh when they first started TBL - and that's great for them! (and great for all the others that may have put back on some weight, but are still 60, 70, 100 pounds lighter than when they started TBL).

I am so excited that Jillian is coming back - should be an interesting show. I know that I cried just seeing the previews!!!! When the people talk about why they're wanting to lose weight (health, kids, family, etc) I lose it because I know exactly how they feel!!! should be a great season!

Last edited by LondonJulz; 09-05-2007 at 10:43 AM.
LondonJulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:45 AM   #35  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Okay I said it in my blog and I will say it again here...Marty is an ***! He got so cocky after he lost his weight. Proposing on live television to the woman you left your wife for is just sorry. I can't say it any better. He just wanted the limelight. Matt and Suzy couldn't get it all again. So sad!

On a positive note....I love Wylie and Erik. Drea is alright but cocky too. All that long weave was too much for me!

Last edited by Shay; 09-05-2007 at 11:46 AM.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:12 PM   #36  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Height: 5'7

I love that show. And yeah no one is going to workout 6 hours a day. And some of them gained weight after leaving the show but it was only a few pounds. And they still look amazing. I have watched it every season and I am going to be sitting there next tuesday just like I was last night. ( well I tivo'd it) so I watched it this morning. BUt still. I am going to challenge myself to do the BIGGEST LOSER from home. I mean that I am going to weigh myself next tuesday and write it down and each week when they weigh in I am going to weigh in. I think that it will be great motivation.

I am going to write a contract and I am going to sign it and hang it right on my wall next to my size 10 jeans that are hanging up. and I am going to do it. The show is 3 months long. So lets see what I can do in three months.
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:18 PM   #37  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good for you Daphne. I was hooked on the show last year. It was right when I was in the beginning stages of my journey.

Remember though, the show is only aired for 3 months, but then they go home and have to come back quite a few months later, all the while keeping at it for the final weigh-in.

I've actually been thinking of you. How is school going?
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:18 PM   #38  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I usually love Drea and I wasn't that impressed with her last night. Maybe it was the hair.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:31 PM   #39  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Maybe it's because her face looked REALLY thin....

It was good to see so many of them give back to others what was given to them through being personal trainers and doing adult and kid nutrition programs and such....

I didn't realize Marty was married last season??
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:04 PM   #40  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Eek, I didn't know that about Marty.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:31 PM   #41  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I didn't realize it about Marty either. Yuck. They really shouldn't have showcased that little tidbit. But I guess they couldn't resist since both were contestants and all. Nevertheless - yuck.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 05:07 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 208/207.2/115

Height: 5 feet

I also love the before/after - its totally inspiring to see what you CAN do. I also don't agree that its realistic to keep it off the way they do it. Im going to do it, but Im going to take it slow this time.

I lost 60 lbs last year, gained 80 back.

Sigh.
eander5696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 05:22 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen415 View Post
I didn't realize Marty was married last season??
His wife was actually on the show that season - the cruise ship/food delivery challenge? According to contestant Kai's blog, Marty had already moved into Amy's room at the ranch at the time and it was Mary's wife making an appearance was awkward awkward awkward.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 05:37 PM   #44  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I love this show LOL I would SOOOOOOOOOO sign up to do it!! There's a fun Canadian show called "X-Weighted" and they pick someone and follow them for 6 months, checking in at the mid point, it's really fun. They get measured & weighed, and a "life coach" kind of guy checks their wardrobe and hair, etc., and at the end they get a makeover! i love shows like that! I love having 6 months of hard work reduced to 1 hour LOL I wish that worked in real live grrrrrrr

I'm SOOO watching TBL this year, so motivational ~ I have the workout DVD and it's great, because it has BIGGIES doing the movements too so you don't feel like an idiot!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 06:27 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
His wife was actually on the show that season - the cruise ship/food delivery challenge? According to contestant Kai's blog, Marty had already moved into Amy's room at the ranch at the time and it was Mary's wife making an appearance was awkward awkward awkward.
I had no clue and I totally agree that they shouldn't have showcased them getting engaged then. That's just disgusting and sick and wrong!!!! Shame on Marty.... I wouldn't have had an issue with it had he already been divorced .... OYE
LondonJulz is offline   Reply With Quote