Hmmm. Wish me luck!

• Hey all!

I have not been out to eat in ages! I dont count Taco Bell and Pizza Hut because I know what I can eat there.... I know the calories and fat of what I am eating BUT today I have been intvited out to eat and I don't know anything about the places I have to choose from. I decided on Bahama Breeze. So, I am going wild. The first thing I did when I got home was google them on the net. I am trying to get anything that is considered healthy...which we all know is a toss up ata resturant.They really didnt provide much info on the net. I am going to try and be good but I have never been to this resturant before so maybe I will splurge. If I splurge, I know I will feel the guilt because it will halt my weight loss for the upcoming week. It is a catch 22 because either I will over indulge or NOT fully enjoy the new dining experience by being too careful with meal choices. Anywho, wish me luck because after this meal, I know I will have a slight bout of depression I thought I had gotten over foods' hard hold on me. Apparently not!
  • I agree, just have fun and don't beat yourself up...this way of eating is a life-long thing, so you'll be right back on track after the meal.
  • Thanks Fluffy and Cassie!!

I did have fun when we went out to eat... We ended up going to Claim Jumpers (with same difficult choices) BUT I was able to make a decent choice. I ordered half a rotisserie chicken ( I only ate the leg and thigh) with rice. It was great. The ONLY thing that I ate that was not a great choice was a mozzarella stick. These sticks are huge!! One stick is about 2 or 3 of an average stick.... I drank LOTS of water. I am very satisfied with the choices I made. I didnt EVEN want the other stuff (other people's fattening food) that was set on the table.

Thanks again for the support!!!
  • Ann, it sounds like you had a good time and made great decisions. WTG! No guilt for you today...
  • Ann -

I missed your original post, but WTG on the guilt-free choices! It's so tough to negotiate. I have actually figured out exactly what I can order on the menu at the restaurant my husband and I go to regularly, and it is disgustingly healthy and tasty (AND the servers know that I will politely send it back if they fail to follow my requests), but I still can't help but wonder "what-if..." I agree with Fluffy, though. It's not about perfection - it's just about awareness and making good choices enough of the time to sustain your weight loss efforts. Sounds like you accomplished it. Kudos!