Old 08-09-2007, 10:59 PM   #1  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Default miracle beverage

it's weird...but i've discovered this amazing drink.... people call it "water"

hahahahha

actually, i've always been a water-drinker, but it definitely took 2nd place to my beloved Diet Coke.

I've been off the DCoke for months and months now and it's amazing how liberating it is!!!! I would panic if i didn't have enough, I'd always have to have some with dinner or lunch, and of course for snacking! It's awesome having icey cold water to drink at meal time and it's RIGHT THERE all the time! no trudging out to the store to bring back gallons of crappy diet soda! i feel free ~ anyone else experience this???
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:08 PM   #2  
Getting healthy!

S/C/G: 275/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Not yet, but I will when I kick the caffeine habit! Still need to make sure I have my iced tea every day.

Good for you for getting rid of that Diet Coke monster. That stuff'll kill ya!
enchantedonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:18 PM   #3  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

I have always been a water drinker, but I also drank a lot of Pepsi, at least a can or 2 per day. I thought it would be hard to give up but switching to water was a breeze. I keep some diet soda around but I hardly ever drink it. I only like diet Pepsi jazz caramel cream and Coke zero and I've had a 12 pack of each for about 3 months and still haven't gone through it.
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:50 PM   #4  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

My experience was a bit different....I used to drink regular Pepsi, not a lot of it though because my weakness was the soda fountain kind, not the stuff in a bottle or can. When I started WW I tried to drink a diet Pepsi a couple of times and was just like YUCK! how can people drink that stuff?! Now, a year later, DH and I were out for lunch and I was in the restroom when the waitress came to take our drink order. For some reason DH ordered me a diet Pepsi......I cringed when the waitress brought it but decided to give it a try anyway.....it tastes so much better after a year of not drinking the sweet stuff! I actually LIKE it! I will confess that I'm still a fountain soda junkie so I don't have much of it, but I do occassionally have one now! The water? Oh, yeah, still drink TONS of that stuff!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:32 AM   #5  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

For years I was a regular Pepsi drinker. At least a two liter a day if not more! I gave that up almost three years ago and switched to diet and consumed way to much of that as well. For the last year I've become addicted to water and love it. I accomplish this mostly by rarely buying diet soda for the house. My occasional Pepsi Strawberry Jazz happens about once a month.

I try to drink a gallon and half a day of water. When the taste starts boring me I splash a little sugar free vanilla DaVinci syrup or cranberry juice in it. My skin has never looked so good now that I've been on so much water and when I don't drink enough the scales go up.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:43 AM   #6  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

**sigh*** Water......who would think such a simple thing would be such a hurdle for me. I just can't stand drinking the stuff. I tell myself I should and it will make my skin prettier and it will help me lose weight easier....but, I just cant seem to make myself drink it. I've decided not to stress myself out about it too much. Afterall, I'm staying on-plan with food....my next priority is the exercise. I'll get to the water later.

Coffee?....Oh Yeah! Love the stuff....5 or 6 cups a day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

I have always been a water drinker, but when I started this - I made that one of my commitments, that is the ONLY thing I drink now. I think that is one of the reasons I haven't had much trouble loosing ~ I drink a LOT of water! I have 2 or 3 cups of black coffee in the morning, but after that it is water - I always have a bottle or glass of it beside me.
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 304/280/150

I find it weird that I now find myself craving water if I haven't had any for an hour or so. I drink at least 2 liters a day, usually 3. Yeah, I'm having to potty more often, but at least at work the bathroom is right across the hall.
ChristyDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:25 AM   #9  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

I am drinking more water than anything these days...it really makes a difference!

I do have a McDonald's iced coffee habit I need to break. So today is my last one <sniff sniff>. But it's so calorie laden, so it is good that I am giving it up. I wish I could come up with a decent substitute. Wonder if I can make my own at home with skim milk and SF vanilla syrup? Hmmm.....
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:26 AM   #10  
katallan

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

I did away with caffeine habit a while back. I was a diet dr. pepperholic! 4-6 a day plus coffee in the morning and 32 oz of tea at lunch! Maybe I should say caffeine-aholic?

I have to say I feel so much better not having to have that diet drink! And I love water. Once I got into the habit of drinking it!
katallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:08 AM   #11  
Its all about choices

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

My water drinking has evolved over the past few years. I used to buy 12 packs of caffeine free diet pepsi or coke, whichever was on sale. I would drink at least 2 per day at work. At home it was all tea sweetened with raw sugar, then to splenda. The sodas got expensive and I switched to water. A case of water lasts me almost all month, I open 1 per day and refill it. At the end of the day the bottle goes into my recycle bin. Just recently, I quit drinking tea for lunch. I fill up a 32oz cup that I got from the hospital, it has a lid and a straw, with ice and water. I drink that all afternoon and refill it when I get home. I might make a glass of tea in the evenings, but never seem to finish it. Water used to give me heartburn, but the more I drink it, the less it troubles me.

I still drink 2 cups of coffee in the morning. My creamer has 2.5g of sat.fat per serving, and I stretch that serving over both cups. I know I need to give the creamer up, so I am going to the store today to get some other stuff. Splenda makes a mocha flavored sweetner, so I want to try it. Since I like my coffee creamy, I am going to try the fat-free half-n-half. Maybe they will do the trick.

I do agree that water is a 'miracle' drink. On the days that I don't get enough, my feet swell. That alone is motivation for me to drink at least 64oz per day. Plus all the trips to the potty give me more steps per day towards my 10,000! lol
NickiB68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:16 AM   #12  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen415 View Post
I am drinking more water than anything these days...it really makes a difference!

I do have a McDonald's iced coffee habit I need to break. So today is my last one <sniff sniff>. But it's so calorie laden, so it is good that I am giving it up. I wish I could come up with a decent substitute. Wonder if I can make my own at home with skim milk and SF vanilla syrup? Hmmm.....
OHHHHH...Those iced coffee's are great. Try this one:

3 cups of strongly brewed coffee, chilled
1 cup fat-free milk
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
2 teaspoons of Splenda

Blend well, pour over ice. Yum Yum!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:54 AM   #13  
Finally Taking Care of ME

S/C/G: 283/ticker/183

Height: 5'9"

I will go to the convinience store and make iced offee. 2 packs of splenda, 1 creamer (can't do with out, but it's just one) and ice in the cup. Pour the coffee over it and stir -- sweet and yummy treat after lunch. Gives me that "something cool and sweet" for the afternoon and the only calories and fat come from the one creamer. I figure there are worse things than that.
LesliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:24 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

I actually may drink more diet soda now than I used to. I drink water too... in fact, I guess I drink more in general, but I definitely have not kicked the diet soda habit. I'm sure it would probably be better to drink water, but it's not a vice I'm focused on right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantedonyx View Post
Good for you for getting rid of that Diet Coke monster. That stuff'll kill ya!
I was just curious why you said that...
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:27 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 3"

(sigh) I'm not yet drinking a lot of water. I like coffee & diet soda!!!! I know I need to change this. But I've only been back dieting about 6 weeks, and its hard to make all the changes I need to make. However, I find myself very tired at night & it finally dawned on me that I'm dehydrated. So I am trying but it is hard to like water....
I am going to try & substitute fruit water for soda to help with the transition. It's a start. Coffee I'll leave for now.
GingerA is offline   Reply With Quote