3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Oh so sick from sugar! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/121241-oh-so-sick-sugar.html)

Gretchy 08-26-2007 02:35 AM

Oh so sick from sugar!

Are there foods that make you guys sick now that you had no problem eating before?

Ugh, I've been avoiding sugary foods as much as possible in the last ohh.. about 40 days. It's just not something I eat anymore now that I'm working on losing this weight.

However this weekend was my mom's birthday, so I'm at her place and there's cake and ice cream. I had cake. I had ice cream. I had so much sugar. It was a bad day for me, food wise.

Now I'm regretting it. And not just because I feel guilty. Oh my goodness, my stomach just isn't tolerating it well anymore. I must have broken my body of it's being used to high sugar foods and now it's angry at me!

Maybe this binge was a blessing in disguise?I don't think I'm going to be eating like that again for a loooonnnggg time! Forget the long term repercussions of the bad eating, it's not even worth it in the short term anymore.

Ugggghhhhh

Gale02 08-26-2007 03:10 AM

Butter. DH and I have had virtually zero butter since January. When we went to my IL's last week we discovered they cook everything in butter. Our systems are still clearing out, but we were both really sick all week last week.

witchyonadiet 08-26-2007 03:12 AM

Fried food, sugar and diet soda.

blondebritbrat17 08-26-2007 04:56 AM

fried or greasy food from anywhere (it's now gotten to the point that I don't enjoy eating out at all even if I make adjustments like getting it grilled), sugar, alcohol,coke, and butter.

Rhighlan86 08-26-2007 10:58 AM

Regular pop, icing on cake....I scrap 3/4 off cause its too sugary

Katheryne 08-26-2007 11:16 AM

It's fatty foods that do it for me. I went on vacation in Florida and I spent half of it having horrible digestive issues because we were eating out so much and I wasn't watching what I was eating. I was bloated all the time and in general felt bad - when I got home I found I'd put on 17 lbs (in 11 days!), 14 of which was just water weight that I lost within a week from all the salty/greasy/fried foods.

It really makes me wonder what I was doing to myself by eating that way on a regular basis before.

LaurieDawn 08-26-2007 03:46 PM

Fatty foods. I indulged in some chicken strips at my parents' house, then felt almost too bloated to enjoy playing with my kids outside. My sister asked me if I really got sick from eating that way. When I thought about it, I realized that it's ALWAYS made me sick to eat that way - I was just used to it before.

KateRN 08-26-2007 04:39 PM

im right there with you! i tried birthday cake and my stomach hurt sooo bad~! now i just need that to work for fast food...

tingirl 08-26-2007 10:56 PM

FRIED FOOD! I just can't handle it anymore. We went to a party last weekend and I had some fried chicken - it tasted so greasy to me and then my stomach hurt all night. I've also noticed that I can't really eat really sweet stuff anymore. It doesn't upset my stomach, but it just doesn't taste as good as it did before.

MarinePrincess 08-26-2007 11:03 PM

Grease. I have to be careful when we go out to eat now, because I'll need a bathroom break (and not to tinkle!) within 30 minutes of something greasy.

I'm getting that way with sugar too. Makes my tummy unhappy.

Ericah 08-26-2007 11:32 PM

Fast food. About 3 weeks ago I went crazy at Burger King. Had a bacon double cheeseburger and med fry. I felt like C*ap and felt guilty! My stomach wasnt right until the next day. I just hope I remember that feeling so I dont do it again.

gilligan473 08-27-2007 12:24 AM

Fried foods for me too! I also got very ill from eating a Snicker's bar. Thats what I get for cheating!

KateRN 08-27-2007 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurieDawn (Post 1829646)
My sister asked me if I really got sick from eating that way. When I thought about it, I realized that it's ALWAYS made me sick to eat that way - I was just used to it before.

YESYESYESYESYESYESYES

its so nice to hear someone else say that!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

i *always* feel "chubby" after eating. my belly is always distended! my face always feels puffier. i always get sluggish and trudge to the bedroom for my sweatpants!!!

its a lot for me to remember that this is not a normal reaction to food!

im working hard to think about food as just something to fuel my body and not a comforting/entertaining/fun/recreational thing to do! esp when its food that has been PROVEN to be terrible for you!!

i can eat all the fruit, crackers, cheese, veggies, lean protien in the world and i never feel gross. give me a cheeseburger and i'll stay in for the night because my stomach is protruding.

Bouncing 08-27-2007 01:53 PM

Hm. Maybe we need to redefine "food?" I can say I no longer consider KFC to be food, for example. I don't know what it is, but it ain't food.

nicolen 08-27-2007 02:28 PM

Totally agree, Shellie!

For me, it's anything deep-fried. My parents stayed with me over the weekend and bought some fish and chips from the shop at the end of my street. Before, I used to buy dinner there at least once (and quite often more than once :eek: ) a week. On Friday it tasted absolutely foul and I was quite literally retching afterwards.