Old 08-20-2007, 12:18 PM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Smile Accountability/Planning/Menus: Aug 20-26

Good morning, 3FC Friends. Please join us in becoming accountable with each other on a daily basis. What are you doing to stay on-plan today? What goals do you have for yourself with your menu, your exercise, your food choice, etc? Let's keep each other accountable and encouraged on our journey to better health and slender bodies.

Hi Everyone. I'm getting our thread started a bit late today. My good news is that I'm on-plan today. My bad news is that I went off-plan on Friday and, like the rebellious child I can be sometimes, I ran amok and created a 1.6pound gain for myself. After 4 weeks of being 100% committed, I guess I got overconfident. I really do need to learn that I will always have to plan ahead. Hubby and I went on a date and did not choose our restaurant ahead of time. Then, I was very hungry and everything on the menu looked awesome. It wasn't very difficult for me to talk myself into going off-plan....afterall, I deserve it, right?

So, today I'm back on board.....feeling a bit discouraged, but I'm not giving up. This weekend was my two steps back.....its time to take the three steps forward again. Hopefully, this time, I won't feel the need to step back at all!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:37 PM   #2  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

I am totally on plan, so far, today. I really don't feel like going to the gym, but I AM going right after work! Tonight is legs/back weights and some cardio--then home to snuggle up w/ my dogs!

MJ
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:45 PM   #3  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I posted for this topic on the one for last week., I'll repost.
Rhonda I am so sorry you had a bad day, I know it is hard, but I know you will do better today.
I had a good weekend, plan wise. Today has been good so far.
Exercise Monday morning is always hard, I did 37 minutes on the elliptical trainer, 15 minutes on general exercises, and 14 on weight training.
Bkfst was Kashi go lean crunch cereal, and 4 oz of grape fruit juice and skim milk.
Lunch was 2 smart dogs and 2 low fat wheat bread ( 190 calories total), and I had 6 pretzels for 55 calories, I just had a Kashi Tlc bar and am doing ok.
I plan on having some FAGe 0% yogurt and rasberries for another snack.
Dinner will be steamed broccoli and some kind of eggs, and 2 corn tortillas.

I can do this!!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 02:50 PM   #4  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Oops, I posted in the wrong place too. I'll be back here tomorrow!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 07:50 PM   #5  
mj5

I am SO proud of myself! This afternoon I was feeling kind of icky...TOM is kicking my butt, BUT I kept telling myself that I was going to the gym. I got out of a meeting late--usually a 'great' excuse not to go to the gym, but not today! I went and even did my whole planned workout! I felt so great afterwards that I even ran some errands for work--rather than doing them on my way to work tomorrow--that means I get to sleep in a few extra minutes tomorrow! AND while I was standing for what seemed like an eternity in line at Walmart, I even resisted all of the junky food that was right in front of me. Who is this person?!

The only downside is, I am eating dinner pretty late--the good news is--I am eating VERY healthy.

Hope everyone is having a great night!
MJ
Old 08-20-2007, 07:53 PM   #6  
mj5

Oh, I forgot to ask...does anyone cook spaghetti squash? I would love to try it, but I don't know how to cook it. I am trying to incorporate some new veggies. The other night I added some cubes of butternut squash to my usual roasted veggies. It was SO good! I never really liked squash because of the consistancy, but I will be doing this again!
Old 08-20-2007, 08:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

I cook spaghetti squash regularly.

Microwave it for about 10 minutes (so you can cut it). Then cut it in half and place face down in a baking dish. Add about 1/2 inch of water to baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes. Use a fork to pull the strings out of the rind.

It won't ever get to the true texture of spaghetti but I still like it. LOVE the calorie savings!!! And what is pasta, anyway, other than a fairly flavorless vehicle used to transport sauce from your plate to your mouth. The squash will serve that same purpose.

It's also good, after you've cooked it, to saute it in some olive oil with garlic, mushrooms, spinach, and peppers. Tomatoes are kind of yummy thrown into that mix, also. It's a much lighter flavor than your typical sauce over pasta. I love it.

Today I was on plan. I was out of town this weekend and managed to stay on plan (except for a slight hiccup last night....but I'm over it!). However, I'm bloated from PMS and from a couple of days on a plane. Hopefully it will go away and the scales will show the loss I know I deserve!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:45 AM   #8  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Congrats on the workout Mj5!!
Good morning all, yesterday went fine, I ate good, worked out and felt good. Today I will use the elliptical, do my general exercises and lift weights.
Breakfast : water( My grapefruit juice has a bad taste), Kashi Go lean crunch, skim milk , banana
Lunch- Tuna with tomatoes
Dinner veggie burgers with hummus
Snacks yogurt, frozen fruit, kashi go lean crunch bars.
I will do this today!!

cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 08:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

I had a good day yesterday and am geared up for the same, today.

I've already had eggs, veggie sausage, and sprouted grain toast for breakfast - 300 calories. I went out and ran a mile this morning so I'm feeling very awake and good.

I need to go to the store so I don't know, yet, what dinner is going to be. Lunch will be a Morningstar Farms meatless Thai burger with sweet potato fries.

My son wants to go to the gym, tonight, so I'll go and do weight lifting and then swim some laps.

Snacks will be fresh and healthy.

Good luck to all!!!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:10 AM   #10  
Reluctant Adult

I'm doing well with my plan in general with slow but regular weight loss. I need to up the exercise, however. I've been walking with a friend as often as possible and farm chores give me some regular physical activity, but I need to put together a regular, formal routine. Still, I'm pleased to be moving in the right direction at last!

Breakfast will be: Toasted whole wheat English muffin, 1 slice Canadian bacon and 1 fresh egg, poached.

Lunch will be: Leftover homemade low-fat Pad Thai with rice noodles and LOTS of veggies.

Dinner will be: Grilled salmon with fresh corn, garden salad and a small potato.

Snacks will be: A fresh peach, non-fat yogurt and a WW dessert.

Off to go look after animals before I stick my own nose in the feedbag.

Rae
raebeaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:35 AM   #11  
mj5

Good Morning! So far, on track today! Tonight right after work will be the gym (arms and shoulders--weights and cardio).

Tricia--Thanks for the cooking tips! I can't wait to try it!
Cheryl--Thanks!
Rae--I'm w/ you...I need to step up the exercise a bit.
Rhonda--How are you doing?
Sunshine--Hope you are feeling better!

I am SO excited....my new mp3 player should be waiting for me at home tonight! I never thought of myself as a 'gadget person' but I totally am!

Have a great day!
MJ
Old 08-21-2007, 11:42 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Ok
So today I have excellent Chi....as I like to refer to it when I'm having a day where I'm not on my last nerve. I still don't have a car...and with the damage toll rising it looks that I won't have one for probably another 3 weeks or so which means getting to the gym on my own time is not happening. I am however trying to bribe my friend who I worked out with for a while to get back on the horse and go with me so she can pick me up....she'll thank me in the end and she always drove when we went together anyway so I don't feel bad.

As far as work goes, the dragon lady is on vacation this week, as is apparently the rest of my office so I think I have the quietness here to thank for my current state of Chi. Even my assistant isn't in yet...poor thing, he was getting stressed out almost more than me having had to suffer a weeks worth of the dragon lady's wrath while I was at our national office in Texas...and quite frankly they don't pay him enough for him to get stressed out like that so I told him to just sleep in and come in late while everyone in the office that would care was on vacation...let him recoup a bit. He has no idea how easy he's got it with me for a boss. Anyway I'll be officially lodging my second formal complaint against her next week when everyone get's back...and yes that is the 2nd since I've been in this position which is less than 3 months. just awful.

Well as for being on plan...It hasn't been great with everything going on. I've been maintaining, not turning to food or overeating through it all which is good but it's not what I want to be doing. I feel like maintaining is just making me complacent. I haven't been tracking my food, haven't been eating 100% good things etc. Because of the car issue and not getting to the gym for that intense workout I feel sluggish. For me, just walking or working out at home or doing extra movement doesn't do enough for me...I need that atmosphere of being at the gym...makes me really push myself.

I'm on plan so far today, I've brought my lunch, I have no crazy lunch/dinner things on my schedule this week which is relieving! My goal for the day is to put everything into Fitday so I can try to get back in the habit of logging what I eat. My second goal is to try to convince my friend to go to the gym this evening, if she can't go I'm going to try to get in some exercise at home. Maybe some yoga can help me de-stress a bit. I'm really happy that it is a quiet week here, and that next weekend I have no plans, anywhere. I'll be staying home and just trying to recover from the mass hysteria that has been my last 3 weeks.
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:56 PM   #13  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Sunshine, I just had an image of you riding to the gym on a horse. That's what I get for reading too fast!

A decent day yesterday and two days in a row back walking. Whew! Now I just have to keep it up. Food-wise I was on track too. I bought the BEST strawberries yesterday and had them for breakfast. YUM! Even though I live in strawberry country, they can still be hit or miss here. These were perfect. I love getting excited about strawberries!

Anyway, back to the grind. Have a great day, everyone!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 01:05 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Hahaha, cc
if I had a horse I would totally ride it everywhere!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 02:04 PM   #15  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj5 View Post
Rhonda--How are you doing?
Honestly, I am really struggling with my committment right now. I'm back to the same ole question, "can I do this for life." Ouch! I don't want to, but there really is no alternative. I know that, now I just need to make myself behave and do what needs to be done. Easier said than done. I've been feeling a little depressed and anxious for the last week. I think my body is just adjusting to being back on the hormones again. I'll make it...I'm not giving up.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote