Old 08-25-2007, 04:20 PM   #61  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Hi all! Hope you Easterners are staying cool. Sunshine, I know what you mean about getting a new definition of hot. For me it was Norfolk, VA in August. Over 100 degrees with close to 100% humidity. The car air conditioning felt like a heater blowing. I thought I was going to die and I've done San Antonio in the middle of summer! But Afghanistan, MJ - I can't begin to imagine.

Food and exercise were good for me yesterday. I took a really long walk and it felt great. Especially when it was over . Today, so far so good. I'm off to the movies tonight. While I like the taste of movie popcorn, I'm "blessed" in that I find the smell of it when I'm not eating it nauseating (I'm the same way with eggs - ick). So no chance of blowing my plan there!

I've gotta go, but I hope you all have a terrific day...
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 06:53 PM   #62  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,
I have been out shopping today, did 31 minutes on the elliptical, and that was good enough for a weekend.
Breakfast was my normal kashi / banana
Lunch was smoked salmon with crackers
Dinner was 2 black bean burgers with sour cream and onion, no bread
Snacks: dried cherries, tlc bar and I split a dark chocolate bar 3 ways with my kids
I still have 150 calories left to go, don't know what I will do, but it will be healthy
The heat has been awful here today, it just makes you feel so tired. I can't wait for cooler weather.
I hope everyone has a great weekend.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 07:09 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Hi all. Today was good AND on plan. Breakfast was Slimfast, Lunch was spaghetti squash and vegetarian sauce, dinner was grilled chicken with corn and salad. Snacks were bananas and it's possible I'll have a Kashi bar if I get hungry later. I did weight lifting and 45 minutes on my elliptical for exercise. I'm just feeling so darn good and SO excited about weighing in on Monday. After last week going up one pound I'm really hoping to make up for it this time. Just a loss will thrill me.

As to the heat....I live just north of Memphis...need I say more??? We've averaged 100+ for about 3 weeks now and the heat index has averaged in the one-teens. Humidity is 90+. No rain. No breeze. I live in ****.
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:39 AM   #64  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good morning! Back to the cooler weather (at least for today!) I am hoping to get a walk w/ the dogs in today. A friend is coming to visit soon--she wanted to go out to lunch, but I talked her into coming to my house and I'll cook for us. Easier to resist temptation that way!

CC--Hope you had fun at the movies. Great job getting in a long walk! I can't imagine Afghanistan heat either...and in all the gear he had to wear (in the Army)...I *try* to keep that in mind when I am whining about the weater--doesn't always work, though!
Cheryl--Ooh, shopping, my favorite! Hope you get a break from the heat soon!
Tricia--Hope you get a break from the heat soon too!

I cannot believe it, but I have started my holiday shopping already. I always say I am going to, but never get around to it, but this year I'm doing it! I have 2 gifts purchased and two more on the way. I'll probably still be rushing around at the last minute for things, but at least I have some items already!

Have a great day!
mj
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:56 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning....ahhh it's Sunday and I'm doing Sunday morning things...Drinking coffee, watching the news, checking my email...all in my PJs...The heat isn't gone here yet but it's not supposed to be as high as yesterday and I think it'll be fine....fall is right around the corner

I went to the gym yesterday, the driving wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be. My senses were definitely heightened...but I don't necessarily think that is a bad thing. Anyway I kicked some serious booty at the gym... I did 30 minutes on the elliptical, 30 minutes on the treadmill (full incline at 3.5) and then another 30 on the cybex....phew....and that gym...not as air conditioned as I remembered it so I was sweating! I'm not really achy at all this morning...I mean I can feel some fatigue but no muscle pain so I'm going back in today. Going to do a little less cardio and add in some weights. Other than that I've got vegetables for a salad I need to put together today, and I might cook up some stuff to take to work this week....no lunch meetings THANKFULLY!

For Breakfast I had pancakes...not the best thing but I make them with the healthy heart bisquick, egg whites and skim milk so they aren't terrible. Lunch is going to be lighter with that salad and some tuna on top...not sure what's for dinner yet but I'll figure something out!

Have a good day everyone!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 10:07 AM   #66  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Yesterday I forced myself to exercise. I REALLY didn't want to, but I feel better with myself now that I did. I actually came under my calorie limit. For breakfast I had a popcorn cake and 4 strawberries, lunch was a lean cuisine dinner (orange chicken), and for dinner I made some scrambled eggs with 1/2 slice of reduced fat swiss cheese, tomatoes, onions and some basil & garlic powder with toast. For snacks I had a 100 calorie pack of chocolate pudding, another popcorn cake, and a regular 8oz glass of mango lemonade.

I had a 100 calorie light yogurt (peach! yum!) for breakfast (which was like 5am?), and right now I'm eating a lean cuisine dinner because I'll be going to church soon and don't want to be starving! I actually haven't gone to sleep yet, I'm trying to turn my schedule around so I can go into the office at a decent time on Monday, and conversely, won't have any trouble exercising when I get home. I probably won't exercise today because of this though, so I will just make up for it later in the week. Maybe just do longer workouts than usual, and burn 700 calories instead of 500.

I weighed myself today and yesterday and I'm not sure what's going on. I was at 295.5, and yesterday I tipped the scale at 297. Today I weighed myself about 10 times (yeah I know, a little obsessive, but I didn't get any sleep remember?) and got varying results between 295.5 and 297, even one 297.5. So, I'm guessing I'm probably 296. I don't see any reason for me to have gained anything, so I'm thinking maybe it is just water weight or who knows what. I'm trying to not be discouraged!

Alrighty! I better get back to putting on my makeup and getting ready for church.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 04:43 PM   #67  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Great job on the good day, yesterday, Tricia! As for the Memphis heat, I have family in Atlanta and it sounds as miserably hot and dry (but humid) there too. Imagine not being able to keep plants alive in Atlanta?! Yikes.

MJ, Christmas shopping??? All I can say is wow. I am one of those people shopping the week before and promise every year will be different, but it never is. Gosh, sounds a lot like my weight loss efforts. Hmmm. I guess a life change is a life change!

Sunshine, glad your return to driving was a good one. And way to go on the gym! Enjoy the rest of your restful Sunday.

Rakel, it sounds like you're off to a super start! Weight fluctuates for SO many reasons... water, salt, the potty (TMI), plus it takes a few days for your actions to show on the scale. I am learning to take an objective view of the scale by writing down my daily weight. It's interesting to watch how it goes up and down daily or staying steady for days on end, but so long as I stick to my plan, it does drop over time. Hang in there!

I had a good food day yesterday and ate out for dinner. I chose a small barbeque chicken salad with no cheese and no bread/muffin. I went to the movies and saw Superbad. It really was vulgar, but I must say it was really funny too. Definitely not a movie for everyone and absolutely not for kids under 18. I got home late, but still forced myself to take a walk. I have noticed that my body moves differently now. More athletic, no more lumbering. It feels good. Today we are getting some scattered thunderstorms left over from hurricane Dean, so I was surprised to wake up to sprinkles. It hasn't rained here in months and months and months....

Take care all, and have a great day!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 07:11 PM   #68  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,
I hope everyone had a great day.
I just want to be accountable for what I did
For exercise I went hiking at a park and did pretty good, this trail had hills, and I didn't have to rest , but did have to wait for people to catch up to me . This was about 1 hr and 30 minutes and tonight I just did another 30 minute walk around my neighborhood.
Eating was good , I think
breakfast: a small banana with kashi instant oatmeal
Lunch smoked salmon with baked pita chips
snacks: 7 strawberries, kashi tlc bar
dinner 2 corn tortillas, raw onions, carrots, 1.4 serving of black beans
with 1/2 serving of dried cherries and 6 pecan halves.
I know it looks like alot of food, but this is only 1387 or so calories, so I can still have a piece of fruit if I want.
I can do this!!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote