Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2001, 09:03 AM   #16  

Default Major sinus pain

Dear Cindy,

Hi! Just wanted to say for you to not worry about spelling my name wrong (people do it all the time *Grin*) Will write more later but for now - I am in too much pain to concentrate (sinus pain 'n oooooh - it hurts!!) Have taken a naproxen (sp?) for the pain but isn't working yet. Anyways - will write more soon as I feel better. *HUGS*

Love,

Jennelle
Old 12-30-2001, 10:45 AM   #17  
hot mom wanna be!

hi!
Jennelle, I went to yahoo and signed up for our group under the name loreleiakalaura. lorelei was already taken with lots of variations that I wanted to use like lorelei2002! lol oh well. I think it's funny we all have these aliases! Velvet has one, you do, and so do I! I actually wanted to use Laura (my real name) but it was taken. A girl at work always calls me Lorelei and I kind of like it so I used that instead. I will go by either on here-doesnt matter to me at all. I hope you are feeling better soon-I can relate, let me tell you....

the good news is I weighed in and lost another pound so it's only .8 of a pound to get to my 40 pound new years day goal. I think I can do it!! I know a lot of is water because you can't lose that much fat in a couple of days but so what?? I am happy to see the scale going on down!!

good luck everyone-I cant wait for the new year challenge

lorelei aka laura
(313/273.8/273 new years day goal)
Old 12-30-2001, 10:53 AM   #18  

Default Laura

Dear Laura,

Hi! I just subscribed you to the list 2002_Challengers. You gave me your id for Yahoo but is your email address for it, [email protected] ? That's the one I subscribed you under - let me know, K?! Wanna make sure you're there *Smile*

Will write more later - am not in pain now (Thank God!) but am really tired 'cuz of not much sleep last night

Love,

Jennelle
Old 12-30-2001, 11:04 AM   #19  

Default Cindy

Dear Cindy,

Sorry I didn't write much earlier to answer your post but I was in real pain (blah!) Am not hurting now but am really tired - am doubting I'll get any more sleep though - had thought of laying back down but know I won't be able to. Too much to get done *LOL*

Me - the leader? Ooooh - I feel the power *Grin* No - seriously, we are all in this together 'n we can and WILL do it (Yea us!!)

You'll be 36 in January? Hey - you're a spring chicken yet, girl! I mean - come on, I'm 45 (ouch!!) but am not gonna admit to being too old to do anything *lol* I have 2 kids of my own and also have 6 grandkids

As for the name change - yep, you can pick any name that you want (atleast here in PA you can). My last name before changing it was Egbert (ick!) That was my ex-husbands name and I hated it. Didn't want to go back to my maiden name so I picked Kristyak and got it changed to that - 'n then ended up getting married 3 years later and now don't have that last name I had thought about keeping my name but thought it would be disrespectful to my husband - sometimes I wish I would have kept it though *lol*

For goodness sakes - don't apologize for being long winded - it makes me feel not so much to be a blabber-mouth when others talk alot too *Grin*

As for doing it now or never - hey, we ARE going to do it this time. Even if it is a pound at a time - that is how we gained it and I think I finally got that in my head where I believe it. For me to look at the whole picture is just too much but if I can think of it in 5 pound increments for losing - it makes it seem doable, ya know? Is doable a word? Looks weird when I wrote it *ROFL*

Not sure why all the water - just know that it's good for us and for our bodies (anyone know specifically why it is good for us 'n why we should drink it?) I've just always heard from those who have succeeded, that it was a MAJOR help in losing.

Well -gonna get for now but talk to ya all soon.

Don't forget to sign up at Yahoo Groups for our list there; it seems it would be easier to do things there but then again, this place is wonderful too. I just like the fact of being able to have files and a database on Yahoo Groups and that we can keep daily and weekly records of our progress

Love,

Jennelle

http://*************.com/group/2002_Challengers/
Old 12-30-2001, 11:14 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 248/206/199(first goal)

Height: 5 '7"

Default Good Morning!

Cindy have to give you alot of credit...with the treadmill and all. My is out in the garage. It goes in and out of the house every 6 months or so..as a matter of fact my DH (and sometimes he acts like a Dead Head*LOL*) asked me if I wanted it brought back in. I usually walk briskly on it for a half hour to an hour when I use it. I think that its great you want to run in a marathon. When I was a teenager I used to run 5 and 10 K's with my family. It was alot of fun.but at this point me exercise is not exsistant. I need to work on that but I am trying to slowly incorporate all the changes I need to make so that I dont have such a hard time adjusting and being overwelmed. Right now I am working on all that water I need to drink. I drank so much yesterday I thought I was going to drowned *LOL*. I have cut myself down to 2 cups of coffee in the morning and a diet soda with meals only and then only water inbetween. I also drink seltzer water to mix things up every once and a while.

Talk with you later...BARBARA ANN
Old 12-30-2001, 11:19 AM   #21  

Default My Main Exercising

My main way of exercising will be I'll be using my Air Walker on a daily basis. Think I'm going to start small with 5-10 minutes at a time and then work up to longer than that. I know me 'n if I start with a long period of time at once, I get either burned out or get to feeling it's too much and I just don't do anything. I love the philosophy that I can do ANYTHING for just 5 minutes (or just 10 minutes).

Love,

Jennelle Leigh
Old 12-30-2001, 04:01 PM   #22  

Default checking in

Hi everyone,

Sounds like everyone is ready for Tues. I know I am. Like so many others, my toughest opponent is exercise. Having constant back pain makes the task even less agreeable. But, year before last when I lost the 50 lbs, my best friend (who was losing weight at the time also) found a tape at the library by Richard Simmons called "Reach for Fitness". It was a Godsend. It is geared toward people with disabilities. I can do most of it, so that is my starting point. I also have a tape by Greer Childers called "Body Flex". She teaches a method called "aerobic breathing". Many of her exercises do not depend on using your back muscles, so I can do those, too. Her program really shaves off inches. Truly.

About the water, I've been told that among other things, it flushes toxins out of our systems. It also re-hydrates our bodies especially if we're on strenuous exercise regimens.

And, as for ages, Ms Egbert, I've got you all beat at 53! (Barely middle age haha . Today, I feel every day of it. Glad your head feels better. I can relate. I've had sinus trouble most of my life. And I also consider you our fearless leader!

Also, Jennelle, you HAVE been busy, you little computer wizard, you. Sign me up, too, please. [email protected] is this what you need? Or do I need to make up ANOTHER alias? Do I need to do anything? I'll go over there and look around in the meantime.

Lorelei, I love the loreleiakalaura--it sounds totally Hawaiian!!! Congrats on the pound . I KNEW you'd make your goal. Good for you.

As per usual, I hit the wrong key and posted this accidentally before I was finished!! I guess I'd better quit before I blow up the whole site!!

Cindy, having not had the best of luck with men in my life, I have some OTHER ideas as to what 'DH' might stand for!!

I'll check back later, everyone.

Velvet (I've even got MYSELF believin' this alias!! )

Last edited by velvet; 12-30-2001 at 04:13 PM.
Old 12-30-2001, 04:11 PM   #23  

Default Hi ya!

Dear Velvet,

Hi Hey - do you have an account at Yahoo Groups and if so, do you use the [email protected] email for it? For someone to sign up for our list, you need to have a Yahoo group id and would get it at: http://www.*************.com

I am trying to access the group today but for some reason, Yahoo has been down a good part of the day (grrrrr!) Figures just when I'm trying to get things set up there for us. They are usually very good with no problems in accessing the site. I'll keep trying and etc. 'n hopefully I'll be able to get in there sometime yet today.

Just got a call on Callwave so have to go - think it is my daughter.

Love,

Jennelle
Old 12-30-2001, 05:23 PM   #24  

Default yes, Jennelle

Dear Jennelle,

Yes, I do have an account at yahoo. It's under missgayle48 and, yes, I did use the hotmail e-mail address. Guess I'm all set, huh?

Talk to you soon,

Velvet
Old 12-30-2001, 05:30 PM   #25  

Default Gayle

Hi Gayle!

I just now went to Yahoo and was able to get in and I signed up you, so you're all set and on the list. You'll have to decide if you want all of the individual emails or if you'd like to have digest - if you need help in setting that up, I can do it for me - just let me know what ya want, etc. K?

So far now there are 4 of us there (Yea!!)

Come on everybody - those who haven't signed up, please join us

Love,

Jennelle

http://*************.com/group/2002_Challengers/
Old 12-30-2001, 05:32 PM   #26  

Default Not long now!

Not too long now till the 1st technically starts. Don't know if you're all gonna do like I am but I'm making the most of my last day of being able to eat *LOL* May not be the best thing to do but it's what I'm doing anyways

Love,

Jennelle Leigh
Old 12-30-2001, 06:19 PM   #27  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hi girls. boy you really have a huge fire under you and are all RED hot. WOW> just want to let you know i am right here behind you ahd although i have been off the puter fopr a few weeks i will be here and jumping on the wagon too starting tomorow. I can not wait till the first. it is too long to wait. i have had 24 hour of total pig out with my MIL's cooking.

DH is supposed to be dear Husband, or SH for shi* Husband or DH for dead head whicl i like best!!!
Old 12-30-2001, 06:39 PM   #28  

Default Hello!

Dear Sue,

Hi! Yep - we are definitely RED HOT 'n rearing to go on the 1st *LOL* I am soooo excited about this journey as I have so much support this time from all of you and I just KNOW that we can and will do it!!

Love,

Jennelle
Old 12-30-2001, 07:47 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Angry Ready for more change

Hi Friends
I haven't been here for a while, I hope you are all doing well? I have been through some rough spots this past month, but I am ready for a change.
I got sick in November and have not done my walking for about 6 weeks BUT I started again on Christmas day. I also have not been to my weightloss group meetings so I don't know how much I have gained, my scale at home says 5 pounds.
I am ready to move on now into another succesful year, I say this because I have kept off 30 pounds of weightloss.
I also joined the yahoo group, my yahoo Id is joe_anne2 , this is also my yahoo address.
I wish you all a HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR and I'll see you all lighter.
Joanne

Last edited by joe anne; 12-30-2001 at 07:54 PM.
Old 12-30-2001, 07:56 PM   #30  

Default Welcome Joanne!

I hope you're feeling better now I just now approved your membership at our Yahoo Groups. Am so glad that you've joined us!! *HUGS*

Love,

Jennelle
Closed Thread