Old 08-03-2007, 03:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 304/280/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Stupid people and their stupid comments

I am SOOOOOO angry right now. WHY do some people think they can just say whatever the heck they want to about overweight people and it makes it ok, just because they are skinny??? I was at Walmart earlier. I forgot that today was the first day of the weekends back to school tax free shopping. So, they were very busy, and every cashier had a line. So there I was, waiting patiently, no biggie. I could have gone back later, but I knew it would be just as bad later (if not worse after everyone gets off work.) I was waiting, and this woman walks up and stands behind me. She's on a cell phone and after about a minute, this is what I heard from her end of the conversation.

"Yeah, it's crazy here. I guess everyone's stocking up on school clothes. There are lines everywhere.....I probably just screwed up cause I got in line behind some fat cow.....you know.......those fat people always smell......they have food crumbs, dirt and leftover sweat left in all those belly rolls.....I swear I dont know why they cant just put down the donuts....

I didnt say anything but I turned around and gave her the most evil eye I could. Why are people like that? Sure, there are people who don't take care of themselves, but you are gonna find that in every weight range. Why are people so ignorant???
ChristyDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 03:41 PM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I think she is lucky she was not behind me.

Ugly on the inside will last for her long after we have lost the weight.

SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 03:44 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchAPrettyFace View Post
I think she is lucky she was not behind me.

Ugly on the inside will last for her long after we have lost the weight.

LOL...well, before I turned around to give her the go you know where look, I gave myself a little pep talk. It started with "DO NOT get yourself thrown in jail.....Daniel is out of town."
Old 08-03-2007, 03:46 PM   #4  
hara hachi bu

Wow. I've very rarely encountered people with that much of an attitude towards overweight people. What an ick! I'm sorry you had to experience that.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 03:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW/253/CW231/GW175

Height: 5'8

Wow i'm really sorry this happened to you. Some people are so selfish and ignorant. Keep up your journey, suchaprettyface is right that ugliness will probably last her a lifetime!!
SlimmingWorldChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 03:47 PM   #6  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

I would have had to made some sort of smart ellick comment to her. Even if I did end up getting my behind kicked. You would think that kind of stuff would end in high school...............I guess if once a foul mouth skank, always a foul mouth skank. Don't let one word of that bother you. You are better than her..........yes better than her because you would never say something like that to others. I seriously hope one day that girl weighs 600 lbs.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: tight 26/26/14

Fat covers your outside B***hy goes stright to the core. I also hate (really really really really really really hate) people who are constantly attached to their cell phones in public. I don't know if I could have just given her a look. Good for not losing your temper at the store!
balloonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:16 PM   #8  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

It's terrible she said those things, but don't let her ignorance get to you too much! I hate the stereotype of bigger people being dirty. Ugh.
I think a bright side to being overweight, for me at least, is that it's given me more compassion for people. I'll never judge or be mean to someone based on weight because I know what it's like. That's a personality trait I'm proud to have that the woman behind you in line obviously doesn't.
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

It took me getting to the end of this thread to close my mouth after reading that comment!!

I honestly don't know what I would have done in that situation... but I know what I would have FANTASIZED about!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:24 PM   #10  

Height: 5'4"

Wow, that's just awful. I can't believe someone would be that rude. It's weird, I've lived in the Chicago area, Oklahoma, and Kansas, and I've found that people in Oklahoma and Kansas are much more vocal about calling random strangers who are minding their own business names, and insulting them because they are fat. (Or generally "speaking their mind" when no one asked their opinion...one time in Oklahoma I was getting gas, and I still had Illinois plates on my car. This guy came up to me and asked where I was from, and I said the Chicago area, and he had to go on and on about how much he hates it there. Not the same thing exactly, but still rude and uncalled for).
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:25 PM   #11  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

That is truly horrendously unbelievable. How can people think such things much less say them? Good for you for keeping your cool and not turning around and smacking her.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:29 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

That is horrible! How dare she!
BattleAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:35 PM   #13  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Wow, you are definitely a strong person, as I'm sure DH would be bailing my out of jail if I had been the one in front of her. I try hard to hold my tongue, but I'm afraid that woman would've gotten the better of me! Of course, then she would've had to try to figure out how to get that cell phone back out of her nose......
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:56 PM   #14  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Wow! What an incredibly ugly person! It must be miserable being her.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:57 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaterswife View Post
Of course, then she would've had to try to figure out how to get that cell phone back out of her nose......
Her nose wasn't my first choice of where to shove her phone, if you know what I mean. I am actually very proud of myself. In the past I would have either gone on a tirade to her, or worse, broken down, cried and just left. Now, I know my weight is something I can control, which is obviously something she has no concept of. I've always thought myself to be a fairly compassionate person, but now I'm going to make it a point to NOT judge people. For all she knew, I had some illness or other factor that made me overweight. For that matter, next time I see someone who's wearing ill fitting clothes that are dirty, instead of assuming they don't take care of themselves, I'll remind myself that I don't know, and shouldn't judge.