Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2002, 08:20 AM   #1  

Default The dreaded Xmas photographs

Hi all,

First the good news - I lost another pound this week. Down 89lbs now, to 171.5

Now the bad news Today I went to pick up our Xmas Day photographs. With the exception of 1 or 2, they were disgusting. Even after the weight I've lost, I feel that I still look fat on them. It's a bit of a kick in the teeth, when the weight loss has slowed down anyway.

Oh well... another one of those moments where you just have to slap yourself round the head and get on with it, I suppose!

Karen
260.5/171.5/140
Old 01-26-2002, 08:46 AM   #2  

Karen,
Not trying to be rude, but even if you still think you look fat in them don't you look a lot better now than you did when you first started? Keep in mind even though your weight loss has slowed, you are getting closer to your goal every week. A pound is a pound and I would be thrilled with that loss every week for a year, at that rate you will be at your goal this Christmas and wait until you see those pics....woooohoooooo I am so happy for you at your loss so far, you have the ability to see this through. Good luck!

Kim
Old 01-26-2002, 09:37 AM   #3  

Thanks Kim. I guess part of the problem is that when I was at my biggest, I never went within 2 miles of a camera, and so never really saw just how bad I was. So now, I can't see the improvement. Here's to this year's pictures though!!

Karen
260.5/171.5/140
Old 01-26-2002, 12:05 PM   #4  

Karen several years ago I lost down to 165 from 250 but I still saw myself as fat. Now I see people who are 165 and I think wow did I actually look like that. Because I saw myself as fat I guess I just gave up and I started putting the weight back on. Then I got pregnant and the rest is history. I believe that if you take time each day to visualize yourself as a thinner person it really helps. It's a mind thing. You've done a great job so far. Just looking at your stats is very motivating to me.

Carol
Old 01-26-2002, 08:39 PM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Oh Karen I can understand I still have a very poor self image and i am not a size 14 from 24. I still see myself as fat. what i had been doing for a while was to point out people that were fat and say did I look like that? to my kids or husband so i could really see how big i really looked as i too did not get near a camera. it helps to see what you were and what you are now. if you can find even a picture from several years ago it would help to see the difference.

this is alsoa great lesson for the newbies to take pictures even with a poloroid and hide it in the underwear drawer so nobody can see them. it helps when you do lose weight to be able to see the changes.
Old 01-27-2002, 11:25 AM   #6  
hot mom wanna be!

I guess I can relate since I have lost weight before and was near my goal weight like you. Even though I was in 14's not 22's like I was when I started losing before I kept thinking, just x pounds more-not really appreciating how far I've come at the time. Good luck to you-you are so close to goal now!
conrats!!
lorelei
Closed Thread