3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I wear a size 4! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/119410-i-wear-size-4-a.html)

GirlyGirlSebas 08-01-2007 09:42 AM

I wear a size 4!

Yep, yours truly can fit into a size 4.....at Lane Bryant!;) Went out yesterday to buy a smaller pair of motivational jeans....jeans that can be a goal for me to get into....so I can say "I now wear a size --" But, Lane Bryant doesnt have the regular plus sizes on their jeans anymore. They have sizes 1-6 and they have different type of jeans depending on your body type. Well, I'm a size 4 red which means I am widest through the hips....so, I bought a size 3 red as my motivational jeans....I know size doesnt really matter :D....but, it really kinda does matter to me..know what I mean?

rockinrobin 08-01-2007 10:11 AM

Yes!!!! I know EXACTLY what you mean. :)

I gotta tell you this though Rhonda, I was ALWAYS widest through my hips, probably from the very day I was born - until 20 or 30 lbs ago. Then they were gone. So, though I'm glad to hear you're buying motivational jeans, please, please, PLEASE hold on to that receipt - just in case they don't fit you properly as you lose the weight. My body completely changed its shape from when I was a teenager and a young adult. Yours just may as well.

Kae 08-01-2007 10:20 AM

Size 4-- wouldn't that be nice. I think Lane Bryant is the only way I would ever be in a size 4.

I don't even remember ever being that small. I remember my delight the last time I lost weight when I put on a pair of my sister's size 10 pants. I delighted that she could no longer call me fat because I could fit into her pants (even if they were snug)...

I know what you mean about the size mattering to you!

Robin41 08-01-2007 10:58 AM

Just a little Lane Bryant Thread hijack... Would it kill them to carry some clothing basics like cotton khaki pants/shorts and polo shirts? The one near me only seems to carry clothing that is really loud, huge prints, cleavage baring tops and low-rise jeans that really show of your muffin top.

Whether I'm a size 6 or a size 26, I'm still a jeans and polo shirt kind of gal. It just seems so basic but they'd rather carry boob-baring polyester crap that wouldn't look good on a size 8, let alone a 26.

End of rant. And yes, size does matter.

hellokitty81668 08-01-2007 11:40 AM

Lol, congrats!! I didn't know that Lane Bryant did that. I have not worn jeans now for 18 yrs, maybe I should make it a goal?
Post some pics of those jeans!!! I want to see them.
cheryl

boaterswife 08-01-2007 11:44 AM

Good for you! Yes, size matters.....it's all in the way we look at ourselves and how that number makes us feel. Again, good for you, and keep it up!

MaNdA22 08-01-2007 11:49 AM

That's like how at Torrid I'm a size 2. They have sizes 0-4 there. I guess it kind of makes me feel better....

rockinrobin 08-01-2007 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin41 (Post 1798687)
Just a little Lane Bryant Thread hijack... Would it kill them to carry some clothing basics like cotton khaki pants/shorts and polo shirts? The one near me only seems to carry clothing that is really loud, huge prints, cleavage baring tops and low-rise jeans that really show of your muffin top.

Whether I'm a size 6 or a size 26, I'm still a jeans and polo shirt kind of gal. It just seems so basic but they'd rather carry boob-baring polyester crap that wouldn't look good on a size 8, let alone a 26.

End of rant. And yes, size does matter.

I couldn't agree with you more. I've always felt the same way. The clothing selection for plus-sized women is AWFUL. It is so sparse, especially given that there are just as many plus-sized women as not. Not only is the selection meager, but the quality is inferior and the prices are astronomical. I don't understand it.

Jasmine31 08-01-2007 12:24 PM

I was green with envy when I seen the title of the thread! lol

Jen415 08-01-2007 12:27 PM

Hey Rhonda: How did you determine your size? did a sales clerk help measure you, like in a bra fitting?

GirlyGirlSebas 08-01-2007 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen415 (Post 1798817)
Hey Rhonda: How did you determine your size? did a sales clerk help measure you, like in a bra fitting?

Yes, she measured me around the waist and looked at my shape then recommended the style and size. She was right on the money.

jennylou 08-01-2007 12:55 PM

I didn't try them on the day that I was there but the sales girl tells me I'm either a 1 or a 2 (I'm hips too!). Yowsers! :)

Sandi 08-01-2007 01:21 PM

Woo Hoo!!

Just wait until your a 2!! :D

elmuyloco5 08-01-2007 01:25 PM

X

sharonrr1 08-01-2007 01:53 PM

Rhonda, Having fun shopping is one of the great pluses of losing weight.

As far as stores and plus sizes, I think the selection at most stores is awful until you reach a 16 or 14. I think they assume that everyone that is a 20 or 22 is old and grey. I may be older than lots of you ladies but I still like to dress like I'm a woman.