Old 07-29-2007, 12:20 PM   #1  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Default Frank and Honest Support (A Pity-Free Zone)

Hi y'all, and welcome to the Pity-Free Zone! This is a place where if you need tough love to help you stay on plan, you'll get it here.

This is the place for you to share your 3 Fat Goals:

1. Keeping to your Food Plan
2. Moving Your Body
3. Drinking ALL your water

You may also share other goal with the group, such as cardio minutes, a "no fast food" streak, or some other goal.

Since this is a "tough love" thread, expect to get frank and honest feedback to your posts. Also, when responding to a post, be honest without being mean and hurtful. This is not a place to pat peope on the hand or coddle them--they are here because they need strict help to stay on plan.

If I feel the thread is getting away from its original intent, I will steer it back to where it should be.

Looking forward to hearing from you all!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:24 PM   #2  
Shairing her ESH...

Hi y'all! In addition to the 3 Fat Goals mentioned in the first post, my additional goal is to bring my lunch every day this week (except one, when I have a standing lunch date). If we choose a fast food place, I will only have salad--no burgers or fries.

Headed out to see "The Simpsons"....have already incorporated a small popcorn into my plan today.

See y'all!
Old 07-29-2007, 12:58 PM   #3  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hi Jen, thanks for starting up this thread. The other one was getting sort of philisophical (sp?) and I think we need a LET'S GET OFF OUR BUTTS AND DO IT thread so thanks for getting us going.

Anyway I said I was going to weigh in and start a ticker and boy did I get the shock of my life this morning. I am up 18 lbs to where I was at the beginning of June. I was taking Meridia for 3 months and I had lost 12 lbs, now I have gained all that back plus 6 more in less time. ARGH!! I know it is my own fault and I've been hitting a lot of ice cream lately. I'm not posting a specific food plan because I don't believe in them. That sounds a bit strange I know but in my opinion naturally healthy people eat what they want to eat, what they feel their bodies need and when they are hungry and stop when they are full. We are trying to eat healthier at home regardless, my downfall has been eating too much and indulging in high fat calorie snack in the pm. In general then my food plan is to listen to my body, eat when I'm hungry, stop when I'm full and stop the pm snackage. I don't have an exercise plan at present so I'll have to get back to that one and my water goal is 2 L a day which should be easy considering how hot it has gotten this week!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 02:08 PM   #4  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Hi Jen and Jen - this could get confusing!

Sounds like just what I need to get back to where I should be.

So my plan for the day:

Food:

B: porridge with skim milk and 3 dried apricots chopped through it.

S: 2 mandarins

L: 2 lamb and salad sandwiches, tomato relish, no butter or margarine; 1 small handful popcorn

S: 1 kiwifruit

D: stirfry with chicken breast, onion, garlic, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms and frozen mixed veges, served over either rice or noodles.

Exercise: 45 mins walk to work, 20 mins walk from work to gym, 1 hour weights at the gym

Water: at least 2L - that's filling my water bottle twice.

Will report back later on about how successful I am...
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 02:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

I am using a worksheet for my food/exercise/water. My goal is to use it a little differently. I will continue to document exercise and water AFTER meeting the goal, but will document food before I make my plate. Also I will use meal planning sheets I've created to make meals a little easier/automatic.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 04:53 PM   #6  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Hi, Jen! Good to see you back. May I join this thread? It's just what I need right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
I'm not posting a specific food plan because I don't believe in them. That sounds a bit strange I know but in my opinion naturally healthy people eat what they want to eat, what they feel their bodies need and when they are hungry and stop when they are full.

In general then my food plan is to listen to my body, eat when I'm hungry, stop when I'm full and stop the pm snackage.
It's not strange to me either. I don't think any food is "forbidden", however, I do feel that I, personally, have to take a harder line with myself for the rest of the year. I have been above 300 for the last 3 years & I'm tired of it. It's my goal to be under 300 by the end of the year.

Tomorrow morning I will weigh in & adjust my ticker accordingly.

I will eat breakfast every day this week. I will also pack a healthy lunch to bring to work every day this week. I will also pack healthy snacks to bring to work every day this week.

I will also walk half an hour every day this week, with or without my walking buddy at work.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 05:07 PM   #7  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Good I'm all for some tough love! I totally believe in supporting each other, but pats on the head when we mess up is not always the best way to get back on track.

My plan for the week is to stay positive with my words and actions.

I also will extend my 30 minute workout at Curves an additional 15 minutes where I will mostly just do a cardio workout. I need to burn more calories!
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 05:23 PM   #8  
Reluctant Adult

Do you mind if I join you all? I'm in a good frame of mind at the moment, have been doing WW for a couple of weeks with no hiccups, but I still have a very long way to go. I let myself off the hook too easily and I know I will need some efficient butt-kicking as I go along this journey. This looks like the right place for that!

I'm living proof that having a great life does not necessarily mean it will be a healthful life. I have no valid excuses for letting myself get so ginormous... so I intend to focus on The Now and not look back.

Exercise is my weak spot. I bought a new bike and try not to think about what that looks like from behind while I ride. I'm just grateful the seat stays on the bike when I get off it.

My goal is to ride for at least 15 minutes per day to start. It's hard right now -- hoping it gets easier as I go along.

Best to all here -- let's make it happen!

raebeaR
raebeaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 06:56 PM   #9  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

At the risk of being somewhat repetitive of what I posted in the last thread, I will try to keep it short and sweet:

My primary goal right now is to gain control over my eating out. I can't go cold turkey due to a very hectic time right now, but I sure can make improvements!

We went grocery shopping today, and I bought a lot more prepared convenience foods than I normally would, but my intention is that if I have really quick and easy things around to cook at home, I will, in fact, cook at home! So I bought things like frozen skillet meals of chicken, veggies, and pasta that you just toss on the stove, heat, and eat, and even some chicken nuggets and some microwavable frozen veggies (chopped broccoli with cheese sauce). At a minimum, eating this stuff at home will:
  • save me some money!
  • allow me to better count calories rather than guessing at how much oil or butter a restaurant kitchen really uses
  • get me back into the habit of preparing meals at home
I've also been eating lunch out at work a LOT, so I will make a goal to bring my lunch to work at least 3 days this week (and EAT what I bring!).
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:24 PM   #10  

I could use some tough love right about now. In fact I could use a kick in the booty to help get me in gear.

Here's what I plan to do begining now, and going through august:

- 64oz of water a day (not hard since I'm a huge water drinker anyway)
- At least 30 minutes of exercises each day, switching between weights & cardio.
- Eating 1500 calories a day.
- Getting at least 5 servings of fruits/veggies each day (I'm horrible at not eating fruits & veggies)
- No fast food
- No pop
- No candy
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:19 PM   #11  
Jen

Everyone has posted some good attainable goals. I did okay today (yeah me!) and I am not going to have any snacks tonight!!! I am going to find other things to do besides sitting on the couch and mindlessly filling my face. I did not hit my 2L water goal but I got a late start this morning so it just didn't work out and I"m not going to chug down a liter right now or I'll be in the bathroom all night! Anyway this will be my last day for missing my water goal, tomorrow I will be reporting success! I am planning on getting my bike out of the garage tomorrow and cleaning it up and buying ds a new bike so we can go on rides together.

How did everyone else do today?
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:42 PM   #12  
Shairing her ESH...

Hi ladies! I've packed my breakfast and lunch for tomorrow already! Breakfast is a Slim-Fast with a hard boiled egg; lunch is a Weight Watchers Smart Ones (don't remember which one!) with carrot chips and hummus, and in between are snacks of apples, clementines and a SF pudding cup. Tomorrow night's dinner is turkey chili!

I track my calories on Spark, so I'll let you know how the calorie count actually shakes out.

My period started today, so I'll be pushing the water IN to get the water OUT!

Not sure what my movement will be tomorrow--either time on the treadmill or doing a dance DVD.

See ya later!
Old 07-29-2007, 11:24 PM   #13  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Great topic. My goals for the week:
1. 64 oz. water. I've been very, very bad about this.
2. 20g or less carbs every day.
3. Weigh and measure everything! (OK, I don't have to weigh and measure an egg.)
4. Go to the gym and do 30 min. cardio 5x/week (they're closed Sunday, and 1 day for unforeseen scheddule crash).
5. Tomorrow (Mon.) get somebody to show me a couple of the resistance mjachines so I can start that part too.

Embarrassed to admit I don't know why so much water is important. I hear people repeating that it's important so I'll take it on faith, but would anybody care to tell me why it's important?
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:38 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Well, not everyone agrees that water is that important. I'm not a huge water drinker, wasn't when I was losing weight, I'm still not now that I'm maintaining. I start the day with a cup of tea, I have another cup at work. I have a glass of water with lunch and diner and usually a latte in the afternoon. Maybe one more cup of tea. If I work out, I drink another glass of water. I'm definitely not one of those people that travels with a huge jug of water all the time, I only drink water at lunch/dinner because I feel I'm supposed to.

I know that a water proponent will post soon!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:44 PM   #15  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Shellie, there's a lot of water myths out there, and controversy over whether 6 - 8glasses of water are actually required for good healthy. The number was actually taken from a report that stated that the fluid requirement was the "equivalent" of 6 - 8 glasses (that is including liquid from all food and beverages).

My mom was hospitalized with water poisoning (dangerously low sodium levels caused by drinking too much water) about a year ago, so I'll admit I'm very biased on the subject. It's rare, but personally, I avoid drinking more than 3 quarts of liquid (from all beverages including milk and caffeinated beverages, which aren't dehydrating as is often claimed). But, my blood sodium levels are always low, and I've even had to take sodium supplements in the past (I'm one of the few people, whose doctors tells them to put a little more salt in their diet). So there's no need to panic and be afraid of drinking water, but there's no physiological need for 64 oz. However, water is a great appetite suppressant, and for most people it's generally safe (even mom can go back to drinking up to 3 quarts of fluids, she just can't drink the gallon or so she was drinking when she got sick).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote