3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I'm outta here (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/117006-im-outta-here.html)

rockinrobin 07-05-2007 08:54 PM

I'm outta here

Just wanted to let you guys know that for the first time since I started my journey I am going away for a few days. We will be leaving Friday morning sometime and returning Sunday evening. So, I will be MIA. If I don't check in by late Sunday evening - send out the troops - because something fishy has taken place. ;)

DH and I and 4 other couples are going to a resort/spa. We got a really good deal, but to cut down on costs we're bringing our own food and will all eat together in a specified room. I'm more then a little scared. It's the first time that I will be away from all my "stuff". And my scale.

The problem is that 3 of these women are FANTASTIC cooks. Main courses, side dishes and desserts. SCARY. I will bring along my Fiber One and Kashi Go Lean cereals and skim milk. Fat free yogurt. Yes, we will have a fridge in our room. I am bringing along a huge bunch of roasted green beans and garlic. Roasted zucchini, mushrooms, peppers and onions. I will bring along cucumbers, baby carrots, grape tomatoes. And some hummus. I'll also bring grapes, cherries, apples, plums and peaches. I'm roasting some chicken right now to bring along as well and lots of cooked salmon fillet. So yes, there will be plenty of my healthy stuff - but there will be plenty of other stuff as well. I'm sure it will all be fine. Uh huh, that's what it will be - fine.

I'm really looking forward to it - we're all really good friends and it should be nice. I might even get a massage, haven't had one in over 21 years. There is a gym there, so that's great.

My biggest dilema right now is - packing. I have so much darn clothing, I can't figure out what to bring. :D

SoulBliss 07-05-2007 08:59 PM

Sounds like you have planned well and it's a much deserved trip! Have a blast!

howie6267 07-05-2007 09:00 PM

Wow that sound like a great time. You will be fine. Enjoy!

CLCSC145 07-05-2007 09:07 PM

Have a FABULOUS time, Robin!!!!! :sunny::yoga::beach::wave:

shelby897 07-05-2007 09:07 PM

One thing I've finally learned is the emphasize is on the trip and the company -- not the food!! Enjoy yourself, eat light just to be full and then go have fun!! You have SO earned this trip with all your hard work. Just remember to come back to us!! :D

djs06 07-05-2007 10:08 PM

Have a great time, Robin! You deserve it!

abbyin 07-05-2007 10:09 PM

Robin - I'm with Shelby. You have SO EARNED this! You have worked so hard and been an inspiration to all of us here on 3FC. You know you have the tools to stay on track so go and enjoy!

INVU 07-05-2007 10:26 PM

Hope you have a great time ;) Its cold and rainin down this side of the world

rockinrobin 07-05-2007 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelby897 (Post 1761685)
Just remember to come back to us!! :D

Shelby, like I said, if you guys don't here from me by the very latest Monday morning - send out the rescue squad. Cause' something would defiitely be amiss.

Anyway, thanks everyone. I'm looking forward to it. There's hiking trails and for the first time in a couple of decades, I'm gonna give it a try.

The only problem is, I've been roasting veggies all night - and picking at them all night. That was always my problem. I nibble as I cook. That's why I stick to the veggies. I can't be trusted. Oh well.

lalique 07-06-2007 12:21 AM

Have a wonderful time Robin!

Heather 07-06-2007 12:46 AM

Have a blast! My advice, try the trails first, and then the massage!!!!

mandalinn82 07-06-2007 12:54 AM

Robin - have a great time! We'll be remote-traveling-buddies...flying across the country for my sister's bachelorette.

WinterStarzz 07-06-2007 01:03 AM

I am so jealous!!! Sounds like you have a great plan...just remember to have FUN, and get an extra massage for me! We'll miss you!

Steelslady 07-06-2007 01:11 AM

Have a fantastic time! You deserve it!

Don't worry about having some yummies, Robin, You worked very hard and deserve a little break from the diet, if you wish. We're going on vacation next week, and I plan to enjoy our camping foods thoroughtly. However, I've always made sure that we eat fruits and veggies when camping, to help prevent dehydration and to make sure we have good nutrition. Come night time, though, I will enjoy my Smores and Camper's Pies, I'll just make darn sure to get enough exercise before hand so I won't be "cheating". I know you will do the same- you've worked way too hard to blow it, just make sure you get enough exercise (to which, it sounds like you already have that planned- good for you!), then by all means, enjoy some of those treats!

Have a wonderful, safe, and healthy time. Massage? Oh, that sounds great right now! :D

hellokitty81668 07-06-2007 08:50 AM

Have fun!!! you sound well prepared!!
cheryl